Skip to content
Monday 18 May 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
Environment
Environment

Minister queries contractor as flood destroys newly rehabilitated Kano-Maiduguri highway

The FrontierThe FrontierAugust 11, 2024 2531 Minutes read0

The Minister of Works, David Umahi, has decried the destruction of section three of the newly rehabilitated Kano-Maiduguri highway by flooding.

In a statement by the minister’s media aide, Orji Uchenna Orji, Umahi said it was unfortunate that completed roads in the country did not last five years, reports Daily Trust.

Umahi, who stated that a technical team from the ministry had been despatched for on the spot evaluation, promised to find a lasting solution to the road.

He also announced the termination of section 1 of Kano-Maiduguri road awarded since 2007 to Dantata & Sawoe Ltd due to effluxion of time.

“I am directing the Director of Highway Rehabilitation to liaise with the Permanent Secretary Ministry of Works to immediately deploy some technical people to go and evaluate what we can do over there and it’s very unfortunate that when a job is completed by contractors, we don’t even enjoy the road for five years, and we are back to square one.

“That’s why I’ve been saying that this issue of a one-year liability period is not desirable because every badly executed job can last one year, but it can not last five years. So we are still going to request the contractor that did the job, Mothercart Ltd, to join that team and find out why the road had to cut into two as reported to us today, and that is section three of Kano-Maiduguri road.”

Speaking during a performance review meeting with Dangote Group of Companies Plc, BUA Group of Companies Plc and Mainstream Energy Solutions Ltd on the road projects handled under Road Infrastructure Development and Refurbishment Investment Tax Credit Scheme, the minister said plans were underway to review the liability period for all federal government projects to ensure durability and value for money.

He highlighted the progress made so far in funding critical projects under the Tax Credit Scheme and called for more concerted efforts by all contractors handling projects under the tax credit scheme in order to complete all the awarded projects in record time as the projects are within the economic corridors of the nation.

He said that going forward, there would be an agreement on milestone completion and timetable for the various ongoing projects being done under tax credit.

Tags
contractordestroysFLOODKano-Maiduguri highwayMinisternewly rehabilitatedqueries
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Humanitarian worker gunned down in Benue
next post Hunger protests: Poland counters DSS, says detained nationals merely taking protest photos
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
Environment

Kaduna govt warns against flood, launches awareness campaign

May 14, 20260
Environment

RED ALERT: 19 states exposed to flooding – NiMet warns •FULL LIST

May 7, 20260
Environment

Rainstorm kills two, destroys over 50 houses in Kaduna

May 6, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Africa

WHO declares emergency as Ebola kills 88 in Congo •Nigeria tightens surveillance – NCDC

May 18, 20260
Crime

BLOODBATH: Man beheads mother, another kills sister, niece

May 18, 20260
Sports

Nigeria end African Athletics Championship with 12 medals

May 18, 20260
Crime

SHOCKING: 68-year-old woman raped to death in Lagos

May 18, 20260
Business & Economy

63% of Nigerians want interest rates reduced – CBN

May 18, 20260
Crime

How terrorists killed 17 police officers, soldiers in Yobe

May 18, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

WHO declares emergency as Ebola kills 88 in Congo •Nigeria tightens surveillance – NCDC

May 18, 2026

BLOODBATH: Man beheads mother, another kills sister, niece

May 18, 2026

Nigeria end African Athletics Championship with 12 medals

May 18, 2026

SHOCKING: 68-year-old woman raped to death in Lagos

May 18, 2026

63% of Nigerians want interest rates reduced – CBN

May 18, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

WHO declares emergency as Ebola kills 88 in Congo •Nigeria tightens surveillance – NCDC

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Again, Trump fined $10,000 for violating gag order

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

ROMANCE GONE SOUR: My husband demands for sex when drunk, beats me blue black when I deny him, throws me out

April 4, 2026
3

2 engineers in trouble for certifying uncompleted projects

January 20, 2025
4

Olubadan: Tinubu, Atiku, others for Ladoja’s coronation today

September 26, 2025
5

House of Reps moves to ban public servants from patronising private schools, hospitals

July 22, 2025
6

State police non-negotiable – Ex-AIG

April 29, 2024
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Respect 2022 UN order to release Nnamdi Kanu – Counsel tells Tinubu

November 17, 2024
3

#EndBadGovernance protest: Soldier kills teenager during curfew in Zaria

August 7, 2024
4

NNPCL to hand over Port Harcourt refinery to private operators

January 15, 2024
5

From Diaz to Akor Adams – 5 young players impressing at 2025 Africa Cup of Nations

January 10, 2026
6

Veteran musician Charly Boy to APC: You can’t give what you don’t have

August 7, 2024

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Senate’s e-transmission approval raises new questions

February 11, 2026

Negotiations to end Russia/Ukraine war ongoing – Trump

February 12, 2025

Yuletide: Nigerians shelve travel plans over soaring fares, insecurity

December 1, 2024

Nnamdi Kanu’s brother writes open letter to South East governors over continued detention

April 4, 2024
Top posts

Categories

  • News4544
  • Politics4063
  • Crime3886
  • International2734
  • Sports2254
  • Business & Economy2113
  • Headlines2068
  • Education1252
  • Matilda Showbiz892
  • Health798
  • Entertainment733
  • Africa460
  • Religion449
  • Environment319
  • Special262
  • Arts & Culture227
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Info Tech219
  • Interview176
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today172
  • Opinion145
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade117
  • Advert30
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Trends16
  • Local News4

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact