Skip to content
Tuesday 19 May 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
News
News

Angry youths block Kano-Zaria road as convoy hits tricycle

The FrontierThe FrontierJuly 22, 2025 2081 Minutes read0

Traffic was stalled on the ever-busy Na’ibawa axis of the Zaria Road in Kano today after some youths blocked the road for almost an hour to protest the injury sustained by two passengers by a speeding convoy.

A bank convoy suspected to be carrying money had hit a tricycle near Na’ibawa flyover, but zoomed off without checking on the victims, reports Daily Trust.

Eye witnesses told our correspondent that security men attached to the convoy fired teargas to scare the angry crowd that came to rescue the victims.

Muhammad Sa’idu, an eyewitness, said it took the intervention of a Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in the area before the youths left the road.

He said, “We were seated here around 9:00am when a bank convoy carrying money, with one of the speeding armed escort cars open, waving sticks and warning people to vacate the road.”

“Immediately they passed us, the opened door hit a tricycle and it somersaulted. One of the security escorts even hit the tricycle with stick. People went to talk to them but they fired teargas to disperse them. They did like they wanted to stop but later zoomed off leaving the victims in blood.”

Angered over how the convoy abandoned the victims, the youths, mostly tricycle riders, blocked the road, which is the gateway to Kaduna and Abuja from the commercial city, burning tyres and demanding justice for the victims.

Another eyewitness, Auwal Ahmad, said it was the N’ibawa DPO who stormed the place to calm the aggrieved youths.

“It was the DPO who assisted the victims to the hospital and promised that they will be taken care of, that is what calmed the situation,” Ahmad added.

He also added that the convoy usually leaves Kano every morning, allegedly to Abuja, and returns later in the evening.

As of the time our reporter visited the scene, normalcy had been restored.

Tags
Angry youthsconvoyKano-Zaria roadtricycle
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post RED ALERT: WHO sounds alarm on risk of another deadly global epidemic
next post BREAKING: Nigeria’s Super Falcons defeat South Africa to qualify for WAFCON finals
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
News

Ohagwu assumes office as 47th Ondo police commissioner

May 19, 20260
News

Nigerian Army expands formations nationwide, honours fallen heroes, wounded soldiers

May 18, 20260
News

Human rights lawyer Falana urges Tinubu to rely on Defence HQ for security intelligence

May 17, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Sports

2026 World Cup: Ronaldo named in Portugal squad for record sixth appearance

May 19, 20260
Headlines

My love for Nigeria is beyond question, says former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon

May 19, 20260
Entertainment

Wizkid, Tems, Burna Boy, Asake nominated for 2026 BET Awards •FULL LIST

May 19, 20260
Politics

APC chieftain former Governor Goje cries foul after losing primary election

May 19, 20260
News

Ohagwu assumes office as 47th Ondo police commissioner

May 19, 20260
Politics

I thought Tinubu approved Lagos Speaker Obasa’s removal — Actor-turned-politician Desmond Elliot

May 19, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

2026 World Cup: Ronaldo named in Portugal squad for record sixth appearance

May 19, 2026

My love for Nigeria is beyond question, says former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon

May 19, 2026

Wizkid, Tems, Burna Boy, Asake nominated for 2026 BET Awards •FULL LIST

May 19, 2026

APC chieftain former Governor Goje cries foul after losing primary election

May 19, 2026

Ohagwu assumes office as 47th Ondo police commissioner

May 19, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

2026 World Cup: Ronaldo named in Portugal squad for record sixth appearance

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Again, Trump fined $10,000 for violating gag order

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Rudiger heaps praise on Barcelona’s Yamal ahead of El Classico

October 4, 2024
3

Cholera kills husband, wife, 18 others in Lagos, Niger

October 17, 2024
4

Investigate Senate President Akpabio, Sandra Duru – Suspended Senator Natasha petitions Police

May 19, 2025
5

UK’s Sunak apologises to public as he leaves office

July 5, 2024
6

JUST IN: Senate confirms appointment of Kekere-Ekun as Chief Justice of Nigeria

September 25, 2024
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

JUST IN: Kaduna, Ibadan DisCos hike Band A electricity tariffs

July 3, 2024
3

NAFDAC tightens pharmaceutical imports from China, India

April 4, 2025
4

Reps proposal of 31 new states ironic and comical — Senator Shehu Sani

February 7, 2025
5

Telecom tariff hike: Huge financial burden on Nigerians

January 15, 2025
6

Junior Pope: Delta govt bans water journey by actors without safety gadgets

April 16, 2024

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

JUST IN: Nigerian women protest for reserved seats in National Assembly

September 22, 2025

Nigeria now worse than Buhari left it, says former Tinubu adviser, Baba-Ahmed

May 3, 2025

Tuberculosis killed 1.23 million in 2024 — WHO

November 13, 2025

PDP installs caretaker committees in 5 strategic states

January 15, 2026
Top posts

Categories

  • News4546
  • Politics4082
  • Crime3895
  • International2740
  • Sports2260
  • Business & Economy2116
  • Headlines2076
  • Education1253
  • Matilda Showbiz892
  • Health799
  • Entertainment736
  • Africa463
  • Religion449
  • Environment320
  • Special262
  • Arts & Culture227
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Info Tech220
  • Interview176
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today172
  • Opinion145
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade117
  • Advert30
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Trends16
  • Local News4

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact