Skip to content
Thursday 20 August 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
Crime
Crime

Kidnappers of Abuja residents send account details to victims’ families for ransom payment

The FrontierThe FrontierMarch 19, 2026 2622 Minutes read0

•FCT Minister Wike and bandits

Residents of Kungabokun and Paze, two communities in the Byazhin district on the outskirts of Kubwa, Bwari Area Council, have narrated their horrific experiences following successive attacks by a gang of kidnappers.

In operations occurring just a week apart, at least 16 persons were abducted across three separate incidents, reports Daily Trust.

During the raids, the bandits reportedly stole cooking pots and oil before sending an account number to the victims’ families to demand ransom payments.

The attacks in Kungabokun

In Kungabokun, gunmen attacked the home of a retired military captain and abducted his three children. They also raided a nearby poultry farm, killing a security guard before abducting three farm workers.

Furthermore, the gunmen attacked a herder’s hamlet, kidnapping two housewives and a teenage girl who was visiting the family to assist her sister, a nursing mother.

Rescue operations in Paze

In the neighboring Paze community, attackers raided the home of a pastor and abducted his four children.

Information gathered suggests that a week after the incident, all victims—except those taken from the herder’s hamlet—were rescued last Thursday. This was the result of a joint security operation conducted near the boundary between the FCT and Kaduna State.

A staff member from the affected farm, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said he was invited to the Divisional Police Headquarters in Byazhin. There, he was informed that his three “boys” (workers) had been rescued and was instructed to go to Lungi Barracks in Abuja to receive them.

He further stated that five rifles — including four AK-47s and a gun stolen from the slain vigilante —were recovered.

Four of the attackers were reportedly killed during the rescue mission. The rescued workers were taken to a hospital for medical attention before reuniting with their families, many of whom reside outside the FCT.

A community in fear

A visit to the pastor’s house in Paze revealed an empty home with the gates locked; neighbors say the family has not returned since the abduction of the children.

One resident, who witnessed the attack around 9pm, recalled seeing men in face masks.

He alerted the local vigilante group, who responded quickly but were met with heavy gunfire.

“The vigilante team was lucky to be able to withdraw successfully,” the resident said.

The gunmen proceeded to abduct several other residents, including a commercial motorcyclist and his two passengers.

Bullet holes were visible on a church signboard nearby, marking the violence of the night.

While grateful for the successful rescue, the resident lamented that many people are now fleeing the area in fear.

While many have been freed, the families of the two housewives and the teenage girl taken from the herder’s hamlet in Kungabokun are still struggling.

A resident, Dalha Sulaiman recounted the 1am raid on Friday: “They pointed a gun at my face and threatened to shoot. They kicked me out of my room and forced me to lead them to my brother’s home. They abducted my second wife and my elder brother’s wife.”

Sulaiman noted that the gunmen stole a cooking pot and oil as they left. The kidnappers initially demanded N40 million for the three victims but eventually lowered the demand to N2 million.

“They sent account details and asked us to pay into it,” Sulaiman added, noting that the family is currently pleading with the captors to accept N1.5 million.

Tags
Abuja residentsaccount detailskidnappersransom paymentvictims' families
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Eid al-Fitr: Nigerian cleric ignores Sultan’s directive, leads Eid prayer today
next post US moves to strip Nigerian of citizenship over $91 million tax fraud
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
Crime

JUST IN: Maternity Home sealed, three arrested over alleged ₦13.5 million newborn baby sale

August 20, 20260
Crime

Stop unlawful detention, extortion or face sanctions — Abuja Police boss warns officers

August 20, 20260
Crime

FG moves to decriminalise attempted suicide, approves National Mental Health Act amendment

August 20, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Health

37 private hospitals, other health facilities shut down in Kano over regulatory violations

August 20, 20260
Politics

2027: Defend your votes like Davido — Cleric urges Nigerian youths

August 20, 20260
Education

Nigerian students give varsity 7-day ultimatum over Law programme crisis

August 20, 20260
Politics

Presidency knocks former Vice President Atiku over promise to restore fuel subsidy if elected president

August 20, 20260
Politics

HAPPENING NOW: Tinubu in closed door meeting with Governor Adeleke in Aso Villa

August 20, 20260
Politics

2027 elections: Peter Obi dominates South East, South South as Tinubu leads South West, North — Research

August 20, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

37 private hospitals, other health facilities shut down in Kano over regulatory violations

August 20, 2026

2027: Defend your votes like Davido — Cleric urges Nigerian youths

August 20, 2026

Nigerian students give varsity 7-day ultimatum over Law programme crisis

August 20, 2026

Presidency knocks former Vice President Atiku over promise to restore fuel subsidy if elected president

August 20, 2026

HAPPENING NOW: Tinubu in closed door meeting with Governor Adeleke in Aso Villa

August 20, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

37 private hospitals, other health facilities shut down in Kano over regulatory violations

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

BREAKING: House of Reps fixes date to pass 2024 budget

December 19, 2023
3

Ward chairman drags embattled APC state chairman to court

July 22, 2025
4

JUST IN: Rice, Grealish score as England thrash Ireland

September 7, 2024
5

Oyo school kidnap: State Assembly backs Governor Makinde, faults Senate for rejecting probe by United Nations

July 15, 2026
6

Manufacturers incur N1.5 trillion forex losses in 6 months

August 9, 2024
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Boko Haram may wipe off Nigeria – Governor Zulum

October 30, 2023
3

APC coalition against ex-President Jonathan was a mistake – Former Party national chairman Oyegun regrets

July 26, 2025
4

Hot Lyrics: ALAYE, by Wizkid and Asake

January 24, 2026
5

JUST IN: Iran supreme leader’s corpse arrives at Tehran religious complex for funeral

July 3, 2026
6

Italian designer Giorgio Armani’s close associate emerges as new CEO

October 16, 2025

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Cannes Film Festival defends male-dominated competition

May 12, 2026

Social media ban: Death toll from Nepal protest violence rises to 51— Police

September 12, 2025

Graduation ban: Ebonyi deploys 106 personnel, warns defaulting schools

July 21, 2026

Peru Congress impeaches interim president after 4 months in office

February 18, 2026
Top posts

Categories

  • News4919
  • Politics4578
  • Crime4409
  • International3036
  • Sports2455
  • Business & Economy2271
  • Headlines2219
  • Education1368
  • Matilda Showbiz983
  • Health876
  • Entertainment812
  • Africa573
  • Religion483
  • Environment364
  • Special277
  • Info Tech245
  • Arts & Culture240
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today202
  • Interview186
  • Opinion153
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade130
  • World Cup 202695
  • Advert34
  • Trends23
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Local News5

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact