Skip to content
Thursday 21 May 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
Headlines
Headlines

BREAKING: Court sacks Sanusi as Emir of Kano

The FrontierThe FrontierJune 20, 2024 7001 Minutes read0

•Sanusi and Ado-Bayero

A Federal High Court in Kano, today, nullified the reinstatement of Muhammadu Sanusi II as the 16th Emir of Kano.

The court also nullified all the actions taken after the controversial reinstatement, reports The PUNCH

The presiding judge, Justice Abdullahi Liman, said, “I hereby order that every step taken by the government is hereby nullified and becomes null and invalid and that this does not affect the validity of the repealed Emirates Law but actions taken by the governor which include the assenting to the law and the reappointment of Sanusi.

“I have listened to the audio of the governor both in Hausa and English after assenting to the law, and I am convinced that the respondents are aware of the order of maintaining status quo pending the hearing and determination of the motions on notice in the court.

“Having been satisfied that the respondents are aware of the court order, the court, in the exercise of its powers, set aside an action because it is in violation of the court’s order, I think it is a very serious matter for anyone to flout the orders of the court and go scot free with it.”

He said the catastrophic situation could have been averted if the respondents followed due processes by complying with the court order, which would still have allowed them to carry out their assignments.

He noted that the respondents, however, decided to act according to their whims and caprices, a situation which he said landed them in a serious mess.

 

Tags
CourtEmirKanosacksSanusi
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Garri, rice record 50% price increase
next post Leicester City appoint Steve Cooper as new manager
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
Headlines

My love for Nigeria is beyond question, says former Military Head of State, Yakubu Gowon

May 19, 20260
Headlines

REVEALED: People told Tinubu I planned to kill him – Vice President Shettima opens up at last

May 19, 20260
Headlines

Nigeria bleeds as politics takes centre stage

May 19, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Education

NYSC announces date to commence 2026 Batch B Stream I orientation

May 21, 20260
Education

JAMB releases 279 previously withheld UTME results

May 21, 20260
Crime

Police officer threatens to kill anyone who films him on duty •VIDEO

May 21, 20260
Politics

Natasha clinches PDP ticket, strengthens grip on Kogi Central ahead of 2027

May 21, 20260
Politics

BREAKING: Allegations of mandatory N5 billion in aspirant’s bank account trails NDC governorship screening

May 21, 20260
Education

JUST IN: Tinubu appoints new JAMB Registrar

May 21, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

NYSC announces date to commence 2026 Batch B Stream I orientation

May 21, 2026

JAMB releases 279 previously withheld UTME results

May 21, 2026

Police officer threatens to kill anyone who films him on duty •VIDEO

May 21, 2026

Natasha clinches PDP ticket, strengthens grip on Kogi Central ahead of 2027

May 21, 2026

BREAKING: Allegations of mandatory N5 billion in aspirant’s bank account trails NDC governorship screening

May 21, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

NYSC announces date to commence 2026 Batch B Stream I orientation

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Again, Trump fined $10,000 for violating gag order

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Enugu Rangers attacked in Jos after football match with Plateau United

November 11, 2024
3

Rising fuel prices: President narrowly escapes as motorcade attacked with gunshots

October 8, 2025
4

Residents attack firefighters for preventing them from scooping fuel from fallen tanker in Oyo

January 30, 2025
5

Trump oversees signing of historic Thailand-Cambodia ceasefire agreement

October 26, 2025
6

Insecurity: Police launch school protection squad in Ekiti

October 15, 2024
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Flights cancelled, roads flooded as rare storm hits UAE

December 19, 2025
3

Arteta delighted as Arsenal win appeal over Lewis-Skelly red card

January 29, 2025
4

INSIDE AKWA IBOM TODAY: A’Ibom govt reaffirms authority over Stubbs Creek Reserve, backs Coastal Highway project

January 7, 2026
5

FMC Abuja’s 1st living-donor kidney transplant successful

May 17, 2025
6

Why there won’t be military coup in Nigeria again – Babangida

January 13, 2024

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

BREAKING: Gunmen kidnap director near military base in Abuja

February 1, 2024

Insecurity: Despite N12.6 trillion allocations, Nigeria continues to battle Boko Haram, others

July 26, 2025

Trump is dead misinformation circulates widely despite denial

September 3, 2025

Nigerians cautioned against scooping fuel from fallen tankers

January 21, 2025
Top posts

Categories

  • News4551
  • Politics4101
  • Crime3901
  • International2747
  • Sports2267
  • Business & Economy2119
  • Headlines2076
  • Education1257
  • Matilda Showbiz892
  • Health800
  • Entertainment740
  • Africa465
  • Religion449
  • Environment320
  • Special262
  • Arts & Culture227
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Info Tech220
  • Interview176
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today172
  • Opinion145
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade117
  • Advert30
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Trends16
  • Local News4

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact