Skip to content
Thursday 21 May 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
Religion
Religion

Hajj: NAHCON concludes airlift operation to Saudi Arabia

The FrontierThe FrontierMay 21, 2026 231 Minutes read0

•Pilgrims

The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has concluded the 2026 Hajj outbound airlift of Nigerian pilgrims to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

This comes ahead of the deadline for inbound Hajj flights into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia before commencement of the Hajj rites, reports Daily Trust.

In a statement today, the Commission said airlift operation, which commenced on May 3, 2026, officially came to an end with the final flight by Max Air conveying pilgrims from Zamfara State, which departed the Gusau International Airport.

A total of 98 outbound flights were operated within 18 days, averaging about five flights daily. Nigeria was allocated a total Hajj quota of 50,000 pilgrims for the 2026 exercise. This figure includes 9,750 slots allocated to Licensed Tour Operators, as well as operational support personnel and statutory officials.

As at the conclusion of the airlift, about 39,000 pilgrims from the government quota, excluding officials and government representatives, were successfully airlifted to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for the performance of Hajj.

However, some intending pilgrims could not travel due to unavoidable circumstances, including deaths and ill health after issuance of visas.

The Commission expresses gratitude to Almighty Allah for the orderly, peaceful and successful coordination among critical stakeholders throughout the airlift operation.

The Chairman/CEO of NAHCON, Ambassador Ismail Abba Yusuf, commended the cooperation and resilience demonstrated by NAHCON Board Members, staff, Nigerian pilgrims, State Pilgrims’ Welfare Boards, Licensed Tour Operators, official air carriers, security agencies, operational committees and other relevant stakeholders who contributed to the success recorded so far.

The Commission particularly appreciated the enormous support and diligent guidance of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR, and the supervision of Vice President Kashim Shettima, GCON, in ensuring the safety and overall wellbeing of Nigerian pilgrims despite challenges occasioned by uncertainties in global socio-political trends.

Meanwhile, preparations are being concluded for the return flight operations scheduled to commence on 3rd June 2026.

The Commission said details regarding return schedules would be communicated appropriately in due course.

Tags
airlift operationhajjNAHCONSaudi Arabia
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post BREAKING: Court nullifies 2027 election timelines issued by INEC
next post APC declares Chinda Rivers governorship candidate
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
Religion

WOWICAN calls for sincerity in governance across nation

May 16, 20260
Religion

Sharia police arrests married woman in hotel raid in Kebbi

May 15, 20260
Religion

Fire guts The Apostolic Church in Lagos

May 13, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
International

TRAGEDY: Woman swept away as floods paralyse New York City •VIDEO

May 21, 20260
Politics

APC declares Chinda Rivers governorship candidate

May 21, 20260
Politics

BREAKING: Court nullifies 2027 election timelines issued by INEC

May 21, 20260
News

Commission seals real estate firms in Abuja for failure to address consumer complaints

May 21, 20260
Education

Varsity lecturers reject move by FG to abolish Humanities courses

May 21, 20260
Politics

JUST IN: Deputy Governor Hamzat emerges Lagos APC governorship candidate, hails process

May 21, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

TRAGEDY: Woman swept away as floods paralyse New York City •VIDEO

May 21, 2026

APC declares Chinda Rivers governorship candidate

May 21, 2026

Hajj: NAHCON concludes airlift operation to Saudi Arabia

May 21, 2026

BREAKING: Court nullifies 2027 election timelines issued by INEC

May 21, 2026

Commission seals real estate firms in Abuja for failure to address consumer complaints

May 21, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

TRAGEDY: Woman swept away as floods paralyse New York City •VIDEO

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Again, Trump fined $10,000 for violating gag order

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

I wish Tinubu won’t run for president again in 2027, says former presidential adviser, Baba-Ahmed

December 1, 2025
3

EFCC declares foreigner wanted over CBEX investment fraud

April 30, 2025
4

Polytechnics lecturers mobilise as strike ultimatum expires

October 23, 2024
5

Impeachment: Perish thought of forceful take over of Rivers — PDP tells APC

May 8, 2024
6

2027 elections: Former President Jonathan may get automatic ticket – PDP

August 6, 2025
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Crude soars, stocks drop after US strikes on Iran •FULL LIST

March 2, 2026
3

Free and fair elections: Nigerians’ poor rating of INEC

January 3, 2025
4

American Noah Lyles clinches Olympic gold in men’s 100m final

August 5, 2024
5

CAF may postpone 2027 Africa Cup of Nations

February 11, 2026
6

UTME: Beware of scammers demanding N15,700 to reschedule exams – JAMB warns candidates

May 1, 2025

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Jamaica hurricane death toll hits 28 as Caribbean Island reels from colossal disaster

November 3, 2025

Nigeria Premier Football League broadcast deal: We may dump Startimes if…, says chairman Elegbeleye

July 31, 2025

New African Union leader emerges at 38th Summit

February 16, 2025

Trump, Starmer finalise US-UK trade deal lowering tariffs on vehicles, steel, others

June 17, 2025
Top posts

Categories

  • News4554
  • Politics4108
  • Crime3902
  • International2748
  • Sports2267
  • Business & Economy2119
  • Headlines2076
  • Education1261
  • Matilda Showbiz892
  • Health800
  • Entertainment740
  • Africa465
  • Religion450
  • Environment320
  • Special262
  • Arts & Culture227
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Info Tech220
  • Interview176
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today172
  • Opinion145
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade117
  • Advert30
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Trends16
  • Local News4

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact