Skip to content
Friday 22 May 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
News
News

REVEALED: How Cabal withheld funds late former President Buhari approved for my office – Ex-National Security Adviser Monguno

The FrontierThe FrontierDecember 17, 2025 1133 Minutes read0

•Monguno and late Buhari

Some funds approved for the office of the National Security Adviser (NSA) under Babagana Monguno were withheld by the cabal, according to the occupant of the NSA office from 2015 to 2023.

Monguno said this in the book: ‘From Soldier to Statesman: The Legacy of Muhammadu Buhari’.

The book, a biography of the late President, was written by Charles Omole and launched at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, on Monday.

In the book, Monguno narrated some of the challenges he encountered while in office and how those challenges affected the nation’s security, reports Daily Trust.

He traced the problem to a recommendation he made based on the intelligence he got from the Commander of the Presidential air fleet.

According to him, Commander of the presidential air fleet raised concerns that supplier of the fleet was under investigation and the development posed a security risk if indicted.

He said it was based on this that he wrote to Buhari and recommended a change of supplier, disclosing that the president agreed with him and approved it.

Monguno said the development unearthed entrenched interests within the presidency.

He said it was the late Abba Kyari, who was Chief of Staff to the President, that first challenged him, asking, “Why did you do this?”

According to Monguno, Mamman Daura, Buhari’s nephew, was also displeased by the decision, which he described as an injustice to the fuel supplier.

“The Minister of Finance, who owed loyalty to Mamman Daura, was co-opted to withhold funds from the NSA office even after Buhari’s approval. Buhari and Nigerians were both victims of the Cabal that enriched itself beyond measure,” he said

He said starving the NSA office of funds weakened the country’s security architecture and effectively blinded the state.

Monguno stated that the funds inherited from his predecessor had been exhausted, while subscriptions for critical systems and technical partnerships with foreign agencies had lapsed.

He said the surveillance infrastructure around the Villa was maintained with funds from the NSA’s budget, but approvals to keep it current were repeatedly stalled.

Monguno said even after Buhari approved the appointment, a counter-note from a gatekeeper undermined the decision.

“You do not need a conspiracy to weaken a system; you only need petty sabotage repeated often enough,” he added.

It was earlier reported how Aisha, widow of the late president, narrated her own encounters in the book.

According to the former First Lady, rumours within the Presidential Villa once made her late husband suspect that she planned to harm him.

She said the development disrupted his feeding routine and contributed to the health crisis that kept him away from office for months in 2017.

According to the book, Mrs Buhari said gossip and fear mongering within Aso Rock briefly created mistrust between her and the president.

She said it caused him to alter his personal habits, including locking his room and missing meals.

The former first lady said the disruption of a carefully managed nutrition schedule marked the beginning of his illness.

Mrs Buhari explained that for years she had personally supervised Buhari’s meals and supplements, a routine she said was necessary to support his health.

“This is given his long history of nutritional challenges. Buhari’s illnesses were neither mysterious nor the result of poisoning,” she said.

The book stated that after relocating from Kaduna to the Presidential Villa, responsibility for Buhari’s feeding routine shifted to official handlers, leading to delays, skipped meals and the suspension of prescribed supplements.

According to Aisha in the book, for nearly a year, the president did not take lunch regularly, adding that the breakdown in dietary management weakened him significantly.

The book also detailed claims by Mrs Buhari of a climate of mistrust within the presidency, including alleged surveillance and the bugging of private conversations, which she said contributed to anxiety during his final years.

 

Tags
CabalEx-National Security Adviser Mongunolate former President Buharioffice
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Wizkid, Davido, Olamide perform as Detty December begins in Lagos
next post 300 suspects arrested, 2,000 arms recovered in Anambra
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
News

Oyo govt suspends school excursions, field trips, sports competitions as slain teacher laid to rest

May 22, 20260
News

REVEALED: How I pushed Peter Obi to greet Tinubu at Vatican — Former Governor Fayemi

May 22, 20260
News

Nigerian Navy kick-starts 70th anniversary celebrations

May 22, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Crime

Court sentences man to death for killing 62-year-old woman

May 22, 20260
Politics

Deputy Speaker, 15 other Assembly lawmakers fail to secure APC return tickets in Niger

May 22, 20260
International

Right to strike: Organised Labour hails International Court of Justice ruling as a triumph for freedom, justice

May 22, 20260
Politics

Don’t burn political bridges over primary losses – Lawmaker warns politicians

May 22, 20260
Politics

2027: Former Governor Amaechi’s presidential campaign posters flood Katsina

May 22, 20260
Politics

INEC to review court ruling on 2027 election timetable

May 22, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Court sentences man to death for killing 62-year-old woman

May 22, 2026

Deputy Speaker, 15 other Assembly lawmakers fail to secure APC return tickets in Niger

May 22, 2026

Right to strike: Organised Labour hails International Court of Justice ruling as a triumph for freedom, justice

May 22, 2026

Don’t burn political bridges over primary losses – Lawmaker warns politicians

May 22, 2026

2027: Former Governor Amaechi’s presidential campaign posters flood Katsina

May 22, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

Court sentences man to death for killing 62-year-old woman

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Again, Trump fined $10,000 for violating gag order

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

REVEALED: How scammers used AI to mimic world leader‘s voice to scam me — Thailand PM

January 16, 2025
3

WAEC introduces resit exams for candidates

January 6, 2025
4

Nigeria, Senegal, South Africa draw World Cup warm-ups

June 7, 2025
5

Entry age: Data shows over 45,000 students under 15 in SS3

February 20, 2025
6

We are losing ground to Boko Haram – Governor Zulum opens up on terrorist attacks on Borno

April 8, 2025
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Bobrisky, National Anthem, US elections top Nigeria’s 2024 Google search trends

December 10, 2024
3

Don’t link Tinubu reforms to stampede deaths – Information minister Idris

December 23, 2024
4

Former Vice President Atiku denies ADA, says he’s yet to adopt unregistered party

June 22, 2025
5

APC chieftain tells Vice President Shettima to resign from Tinubu administration

June 24, 2025
6

Why we failed to sign Osimhen, Ronaldo, Fernandes — Al Hilal

June 16, 2025

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Average nurse earns N135,000 monthly – Nursing Council Registrar

February 14, 2024

Biden reacts to gun attack on Trump at campaign rally

July 14, 2024

APC rakes in N120 million from sale of Ekiti governorship forms

September 10, 2025

IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu urges court to strike out charges against him, gives DSS 3-day ultimatum

October 31, 2025
Top posts

Categories

  • News4557
  • Politics4123
  • Crime3907
  • International2749
  • Sports2272
  • Business & Economy2121
  • Headlines2076
  • Education1262
  • Matilda Showbiz892
  • Health803
  • Entertainment740
  • Africa468
  • Religion450
  • Environment320
  • Special262
  • Arts & Culture227
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Info Tech220
  • Interview176
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today172
  • Opinion145
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade117
  • Advert30
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Trends16
  • Local News4

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact