•Lagos State House of Assembly The Lagos State House of Assembly has dismissed reports claiming that 27 of its members are planning to defect from the ruling party to the opposition Labour Party (LP). In a statement, released today and signed by Hon. (Otunba) Ogundipe Stephen Olukayode, Chairman of the House Committee on Information, Strategy,...
•Omotola Popular Nigerian actress Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde has addressed the widespread concern regarding her safety amid the ongoing fires in Los Angeles, reassuring her fans and followers that she and her family are unharmed. In a public statement, Omotola thanked her supporters for their care and love during the crisis, acknowledging the outp...
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has denounced claims that it is involved in the admissions for higher national diploma (HND) students. A statement yesterday in Abuja by the board’s spokesman Fabian Benjamin said JAMB had no involvement, authority, or control over the admissions process for HND candidates. The statement also...
•Late Elder statesman, Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu The Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide says there is no leadership tussle in the group following the recent death of its former President-General, Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu. Dr Alex Ogbonnia, National Publicity Secretary of the Igbo socio-cultural group, disclosed this yesterday in Enugu, stressing that such s...
•South African Police The Nigerian Union South Africa (NUSA) has refuted claims made by the South African Police Service (SAPS) of the alleged involvement of eight Nigerians in the attack on its personnel in Kimberley, Northern Cape, South Africa. A statement by the union’s spokesman, Habib Miller, which was made available to our correspondent...
•CBN Governor Cardoso The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has debunked reports that it is considering a policy to convert foreign currencies in domiciliary accounts of citizens to naira to stabilise the national currency, which earlier this week recorded its worst performance in history. Management of the CBN debunked this news via its official ...
Akwa Ibom State Government has debunked an employment alert into the State Civil Service Commision, CSC, and the State Secondary Education Board, SSEB, making rounds on some sections of social media. The government says emphatically that the employment alert is fake and the handiwork of fraudsters. This was contained in a statement issued toda...
•Federal Fire Service The Federal Fire Service (FFS) today debunked a new update about its recruitment portal for suitably qualified candidates to be recruited to fill existing vacancies in different positions, saying it is fake. FFS in a newspaper advertorial had said applications must be submitted online within six (6) weeks from Wednesday, ...
•Trade minister, Doris Anite The Ministry of Industry, Trade, and Investment has debunked a report that claimed that it allegedly allocated the sum of N1 billion for a foreign trip to Geneva, Switzerland in 2024. The Ministry’s spokesperson, Toluwalase Moyan, in a statement, refuted the report, saying it was an extreme misrepresentation of the...

