Skip to content
Saturday 22 August 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
Crime
Crime

10-year-old boy stuffed in sack rescued, two suspects arrested

The FrontierThe FrontierAugust 13, 2026 683 Minutes read0

•One of the suspects

The Sokoto State Police Command yesterday intensified its crackdown on kidnapping and other violent crimes, recording major breakthroughs in separate intelligence-led operations that led to the arrest of two suspected kidnappers and the dramatic rescue of a 10-year-old boy abducted in Tangaza Local Government Area.

The operations, according to the Command, underscore its renewed determination to dismantle criminal networks terrorising communities across the state and deny kidnappers the freedom to operate with impunity, reports Vanguard.

In the first operation, operatives of the Anti-Kidnapping Unit, acting on credible intelligence, stormed a suspected criminal hideout at Tudun Doki Village in Gwadabawa Local Government Area at about 2:00 pm on August 8, 2026.

The operation resulted in the arrest of a suspected notorious kidnapper identified as Abdullahi Buba, popularly known as “Osho.”

Police authorities said preliminary interrogation revealed that Buba was allegedly a key member of a criminal syndicate linked to a series of kidnapping operations and the illegal imposition of levies on residents in Gwadabawa, Kware and Gada local government areas.

According to the Command, the suspect is currently providing investigators with useful intelligence that could lead to the arrest of other syndicate members who are still at large.

The Police said efforts were ongoing to track down the fleeing members of the gang and completely dismantle the network allegedly responsible for terrorising innocent communities.

In a separate operation that demonstrated the dangers faced by vulnerable residents, especially children, detectives attached to the Gidan Madi Police Division in Tangaza LGA rescued a 10-year-old boy, Muhammad Sufiyanu, who had reportedly been abducted earlier in the day.

The incident began when Sani Ibrahim of Gidan Madi Town reported at the Gidan Madi Police Station at about 8:00 pm on August 11 that his 10-year-old nephew had gone missing since the afternoon.

Acting swiftly on the report, surveillance detectives, accompanied by the complainant, mounted operations in the area and, at about 11:00 pm, intercepted two persons travelling on a motorcycle while carrying a suspiciously concealed sack.

The suspects reportedly took to their heels when challenged by the detectives, triggering a pursuit. In their desperate attempt to escape, they abandoned the sack and fled.

A search of the abandoned sack produced a shocking discovery: the missing 10-year-old boy was inside, alive and responsive.

The rescued child was immediately taken to Gidan Madi General Hospital, where he received medical attention and was subsequently discharged.

During preliminary investigation, the victim reportedly told the police that one of the suspects lured him into a room, injected him with a sedative and subsequently forced him into the sack before attempting to transport him away.

One of the suspects has since been arrested in connection with the abduction and, according to the police, has confessed to his involvement in the crime.

Crime Scene Investigators have also visited the location connected with the incident as the Command intensifies efforts to establish the full circumstances surrounding the attempted abduction and apprehend any other persons involved.

Commissioner of Police, Sokoto State Command, CP Hayatu Hassan Shaffa, commended the officers and detectives involved in the operations for their courage, vigilance and professional response.

Shaffa assured residents that the Command would continue to deploy intelligence-led policing and other operational strategies to protect lives and property, while warning criminal elements that the police would relentlessly pursue them wherever they hide.

He also urged residents to remain vigilant and cooperate with security agencies by providing timely and credible information capable of assisting in the identification, tracking and arrest of criminal suspects.

The Command said investigations into both cases remain ongoing, with further updates to be released as new developments emerge.

 

Tags
10-year-old boySacksuspects
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Ukraine, Russia exchange bodies of killed soldiers
next post Second chance: Nigeria’s Super Falcons will give their best against South Africa today – Coach Madugu
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
Crime

Another fake govt agency uncovered, Tinubu orders arrest, suspension of three permanent secretaries

August 22, 20260
Crime

JUST IN: Maternity Home sealed, three arrested over alleged ₦13.5 million newborn baby sale

August 20, 20260
Crime

Stop unlawful detention, extortion or face sanctions — Abuja Police boss warns officers

August 20, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Africa

Ebola outbreak: Over 16,000 doses of Ervebo vaccine arrive DR Congo

August 22, 20260
International

US, Canada unable to reach trade pact to avert Trump tariffs

August 22, 20260
Politics

BREAKING: APC unveils team: Senator Yari, Governor Uzodimma lead Tinubu’s 2027 campaign council

August 22, 20260
News

Traffic jam: Nigeria’s economy suffers as hundreds of loaded trailers stranded in Ekiti

August 22, 20260
Headlines

TRAGEDY: Five dead as car rams into moving trailer in Lagos •PHOTOS

August 22, 20260
Health

The meat we eat and the years we lose: How Nigeria’s abattoirs quietly erode our life expectancy, By Dr. Gani Enahoro

August 22, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Ebola outbreak: Over 16,000 doses of Ervebo vaccine arrive DR Congo

August 22, 2026

US, Canada unable to reach trade pact to avert Trump tariffs

August 22, 2026

BREAKING: APC unveils team: Senator Yari, Governor Uzodimma lead Tinubu’s 2027 campaign council

August 22, 2026

Traffic jam: Nigeria’s economy suffers as hundreds of loaded trailers stranded in Ekiti

August 22, 2026

TRAGEDY: Five dead as car rams into moving trailer in Lagos •PHOTOS

August 22, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

Ebola outbreak: Over 16,000 doses of Ervebo vaccine arrive DR Congo

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Angry pastor rebukes members over ‘small’ donations

March 7, 2026
3

Groups urge Tinubu to allow independent panel to select new INEC boss

August 20, 2025
4

271 Nigerians to be evacuated from South Africa today

June 29, 2026
5

BREAKING: Supreme Court throws out PDP appeal, affirms Okpehbolo’s election as Edo governor

July 10, 2025
6

Flood: Heavy rain leaves motorists stranded in Uganda

March 26, 2025
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Labour unions demand reversal of privatisation in electricity, water sectors

August 8, 2025
3

Many Nigerian leaders should be in jail – Former President Obasanjo

August 10, 2024
4

HAPPENING NOW: Tinubu meets with service chiefs at Aso Rock

January 16, 2024
5

BREAKING: Controversial ’30-year-old’ Buba withdraws from 2027 House of Reps race

May 16, 2026
6

BREAKING: Akwa Ibom Commissioner of Police is dead

August 29, 2024

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Warning strike: ASUU backs SSANU, NASU

March 18, 2024

EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade: Red eyes

July 13, 2026

REVEALED: 34 banks scale recapitalisation hurdle a week to deadline •Merger moves

March 23, 2026

Court orders bank to pay N811m to court registrar over chargeback fraud

July 30, 2024
Top posts

Categories

  • News4928
  • Politics4590
  • Crime4410
  • International3043
  • Sports2459
  • Business & Economy2272
  • Headlines2222
  • Education1369
  • Matilda Showbiz983
  • Health878
  • Entertainment812
  • Africa578
  • Religion483
  • Environment364
  • Special277
  • Info Tech245
  • Arts & Culture240
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today204
  • Interview186
  • Opinion153
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade130
  • World Cup 202695
  • Advert34
  • Trends23
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Local News5

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact