Skip to content
Tuesday 18 August 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
Headlines
Headlines

38 abducted Kwara church worshippers regain freedom

The FrontierThe FrontierNovember 23, 2025 3132 Minutes read0

•Inside Christ Apostolic Church in Eruku, Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State

Kwara State governor, AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq, has announced the release of 38 persons who were recently abducted during an attack on Christ Apostolic Church in Eruku, Ekiti Local Government Area of the state.

This was disclosed in a statement by the Governor’s Chief Press Secretary, Rafiu Ajakaye, today.

The statement highlighted the key role of federal authorities and security agencies in securing the release of the abductees.

“After many days of hard work by security forces and government representatives, HE AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq (CON) is excited to announce the freedom of 38 persons who were recently abducted in an attack on Christ Apostolic Church (CAC) Eruku, Ekiti LGA, Kwara State,” the statement partly said.

The governor credited President Bola Tinubu, for his hands-on involvement in the rescue operation, reports Sunday PUNCH.

“The governor says this is wholly due to the hands-on approach of President Bola Tinubu, GCFR, who has personally led the efforts to free the abductees. The abductees were freed today, November 23.

“The governor is immensely grateful to President Bola Tinubu, GCFR, for his direct initiative that made this happen,” the statement added.

It recalled that the president had postponed his scheduled trip to the G20 meeting in South Africa to personally oversee security measures in Kwara and Kebbi states.

“The president had called off his scheduled trip for the G20 Meeting in South Africa to attend to the breaches in Kwara and Kebbi States.

“He had also directed heightened security deployments to Kwara, in what underlined his firm commitment to the safety and well-being of our people and Nigerians as a whole,” it added.

AbdulRazaq further thanked federal security agencies and local forces involved in the operation.

“The governor also expresses appreciation to the Office of the National Security Adviser; the Department of State Services (DSS); the Nigerian Army; the Nigeria Intelligence Agency; and, of course, the Nigeria Police, which has graciously deployed four new tactical teams to Kwara State on the directive of the President,” the statement read.

Finally, the governor thanked other stakeholders whose support aided the rescue efforts.

Also confirming the rescue, the Secretary of CAC Oke Isegun, Michael Agbabiaka, told our correspondent that the Department of State Services contacted the community around 4 pm to inform them that the captives had been freed.

He noted that the community was anxiously awaiting their arrival back home to be reunited with their families.

“Yes, they called us that the abductees have been freed,” Agbabiaka said.

“We are waiting for them to be brought back to the community. Our people are eager to see them alive and safe,” he added.

The Kwara abduction had triggered national outrage after armed bandits invaded a church service on Tuesday, killing three worshippers and whisking away 38 others.

The incident marked one of the largest mass abductions in Kwara’s recent history and heightened concerns about growing bandit activity around the state’s borders with Kogi and Niger.

The rescue comes days after security agencies launched an intensive combing operation involving soldiers, DSS operatives, Special Tactical Squad units, SWAT personnel, anti-kidnapping operatives and local vigilantes.

Tags
Kwara church worshippersregain freedom
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post REVEALED: Names of 50 Niger Catholic school pupils who escaped •FULL LIST
next post INSIDE AKWA IBOM TODAY: Gov Eno tasks AKSU graduating students on building character, accelerating personal growth
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
Headlines

How Nigerians can apply for FG loan to build, buy a house

August 17, 20260
Headlines

REVEALED: How wealthy Nigerians sponsored successful military coups — Former military president Babangida

August 15, 20260
Headlines

BREAKING: Former Vice President Atiku personally drags Tinubu to court over alleged forged certificates

August 14, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Politics

Former President Jonathan frowns at presence of governors, political leaders at off-cycle elections

August 18, 20260
Politics

Reconnect with Nigerians or forget 2027 — APC chieftain tells Tinubu after party lost Osun

August 18, 20260
Politics

Don’t pressure Pastor Adeboye to speak against Tinubu – RCCG Continental overseer

August 18, 20260
Entertainment

Angelique Kidjo to become first African musician to get Hollywood star

August 18, 20260
Entertainment

Children cry out for help as popular Nollywood actor battles stage 4 cancer

August 18, 20260
Crime

Two suspected ‘One Chance’ robbers in Police net

August 18, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Former President Jonathan frowns at presence of governors, political leaders at off-cycle elections

August 18, 2026

Reconnect with Nigerians or forget 2027 — APC chieftain tells Tinubu after party lost Osun

August 18, 2026

Don’t pressure Pastor Adeboye to speak against Tinubu – RCCG Continental overseer

August 18, 2026

Angelique Kidjo to become first African musician to get Hollywood star

August 18, 2026

Children cry out for help as popular Nollywood actor battles stage 4 cancer

August 18, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

Former President Jonathan frowns at presence of governors, political leaders at off-cycle elections

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

How I arm twisted Tinubu to pay above minimum wage when he was governor – Unionist-turned politician Oshiomhole

October 31, 2024
3

Jail-break: Governor decries large number of inmates awaiting trial

August 14, 2025
4

PDP slams Tinubu: Food stampedes show alarming hunger in the land

December 23, 2024
5

Electricity: Lagos substation failure triggers total national grid collapse fears

June 30, 2026
6

Soyinka blasts Tinubu over excessive armed security operatives around son, Seyi

December 10, 2025
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Labour Minister Lalong quits Tinubu’s cabinet

December 13, 2023
3

FG to cut down concrete road projects over increase in cost •Works minister ignored concerns raised by contractors

March 12, 2025
4

BREAKING: Julius Abure remains national chairman of Labour Party – Appeal Court declares

January 17, 2025
5

BREAKING: The Frontier publisher Sunny Okim’s son inducted by Pharmaceutical Council of Nigeria •PHOTOS

September 3, 2025
6

JUST IN: Explosion rocks St. Petersburg apartment building

March 2, 2024

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

BREAKING: Fuel tanker explosion rocks Lagos

February 12, 2026

JUST IN: Islamic cleric Sheikh Umar Tijjani arrested after hosting Peter Obi

March 24, 2026

BREAKING: Nigeria’s Flamingos beat Dominican Republic, qualify for U-17 Women’s World Cup quarter final •PHOTOS

October 23, 2024

Mahrez penalty takes Algeria to AFCON last 16

December 29, 2025
Top posts

Categories

  • News4910
  • Politics4557
  • Crime4402
  • International3029
  • Sports2444
  • Business & Economy2265
  • Headlines2215
  • Education1361
  • Matilda Showbiz983
  • Health872
  • Entertainment807
  • Africa570
  • Religion483
  • Environment364
  • Special277
  • Info Tech244
  • Arts & Culture238
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today202
  • Interview185
  • Opinion153
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade130
  • World Cup 202695
  • Advert34
  • Trends23
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Local News5

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact