Skip to content
Monday 18 May 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
Headlines
Headlines

BREAKING: FCT Minister Wike denies calling military personnel a fool •VIDEO

The FrontierThe FrontierNovember 14, 2025 2192 Minutes read0

•Wike and Yerima

In spite of the viral video circulating on social media, the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has said that he “wouldn’t have called a military personnel a fool”.

Wike said this at a press conference today, following his recent altercation with a naval officer, Lieutenant A. Yerima, over an alleged land dispute in Abuja.

A dramatic confrontation unfolded on Tuesday in Abuja’s Gaduwa District as armed military officers, allegedly acting on the instructions of retired Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo, resisted efforts by Wike to halt an unapproved development on a disputed parcel of land.

The incident occurred when officials of the FCT Administration (FCTA) arrived at Plot 1946 in Gaduwa to enforce a demolition order on what authorities described as an illegal structure.

The operation, however, met stiff resistance from uniformed personnel stationed at the site. Former Chief of Naval Staff (CNS), Vice Admiral Gambo, served under the administration of former President Muhammadu Buhari in 2021.

Gambo’s name had reportedly surfaced as the alleged owner or beneficiary of the controversial property.

Reacting to the incident at a press conference, Wike said he was simply misinterpreted, as he “wouldn’t have called a military personnel a fool”.

“Some people said I said the boy is a fool. What I meant is you cannot carry out an illegal order. That is what I meant. I didn’t say, ‘Military, you are a fool.’ I couldn’t have said that,” he clarified.

“Those who are writing different stories, go and find out what really happened, carry out your investigative journalism very well. What I meant was that the soldiers were carrying out an illegal order.

“I know the role of the military, the role they are playing in this country, that they have passed through fighting insurgents and terrorists and I have always given my support to security agencies.”

The Minister of State for Defence, Bello Matawalle, however, feels that the clash involving Wike and Lieutenant Yerima should have been resolved through official channels.

Reacting in an interview with DCL Hausa, released on its YouTube channel on Wednesday, Matawalle said the incident should have been resolved through official channels rather than a public exchange, adding that the confrontation between Wike and Yerima was unnecessary and avoidable.

According to Matawalle, Wike had earlier contacted both the Chief of Defence Staff, General Olufemi Oluyede, and the Chief of Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Idi Abbas, “who advised him to allow the military to investigate the matter before taking any action.”

“What happened between Minister Wike and the officer is unfortunate. When he got there, the officer explained that he was simply obeying orders given to him. Wike should not have exchanged words with the officer; he ought to have addressed his concerns through the officer’s superiors,” Matawalle said.

Speaking further, he explained that Yerima’s action was based strictly on instructions and hailed the naval officer for maintaining a professional and disciplined attitude throughout the encounter.

WATCH THE VIDEO AGAIN: 

https://thefrontierng.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/11/VID-20251111-WA0191-2.mp4
Tags
a foolFCT Minister Wikemilitary personnel
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post NNPCL appointment: Ohanaeze Youth Council withdraws petition against Mbakwe
next post Insecurity: Red Cross expresses worry over attacks on health workers in Northwest Nigeria
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
Headlines

INSECURITY: Mothers cry as terrorists kidnap over 45 schoolchildren

May 17, 20260
Headlines

Presidential Air Fleet operations gulp N4.24 billion in six months – Report

May 14, 20260
Headlines

JUST IN: Military denies civilian casualties in Zamfara air strike

May 13, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Politics

2027: Powerful forces behind Tinubu, Atiku, Obi, Makinde •Amaechi, Adebayo too

May 17, 20260
Crime

Oyo school attacks: A call to action for South West governors

May 17, 20260
Headlines

INSECURITY: Mothers cry as terrorists kidnap over 45 schoolchildren

May 17, 20260
Politics

APC primaries: Former Governor Osoba’s son picks 4th term ticket in Ogun

May 17, 20260
News

Human rights lawyer Falana urges Tinubu to rely on Defence HQ for security intelligence

May 17, 20260
Politics

Aggrieved aspirants kick as allegations of violence, self-declaration of victory mar Ekiti APC primaries

May 17, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

2027: Powerful forces behind Tinubu, Atiku, Obi, Makinde •Amaechi, Adebayo too

May 17, 2026

Oyo school attacks: A call to action for South West governors

May 17, 2026

INSECURITY: Mothers cry as terrorists kidnap over 45 schoolchildren

May 17, 2026

APC primaries: Former Governor Osoba’s son picks 4th term ticket in Ogun

May 17, 2026

Human rights lawyer Falana urges Tinubu to rely on Defence HQ for security intelligence

May 17, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

2027: Powerful forces behind Tinubu, Atiku, Obi, Makinde •Amaechi, Adebayo too

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Again, Trump fined $10,000 for violating gag order

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Group dismisses Akpabio aide’s hacked account claim over deleted confession against suspended Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan

June 9, 2025
3

Kano lawmaker Jibrin accepts expulsion from NNPP, accuses party of unfairness

September 7, 2025
4

RED ALERT: Harmful capsules in circulation – NAFDAC warns Nigerians

December 13, 2024
5

Warehouse stocked with expired drinks for sale uncovered

June 4, 2025
6

Why Grammy-winning entertainer Wizkid is always sick of me – Superlative singer Ayra Starr reveals

July 19, 2025
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Nigeria will breed Emperor as President if PDP collapses – Former Governor Sule Lamido

May 27, 2025
3

Army prepares for Oluyede’s leadership as wait for Lagbaja continues

November 1, 2024
4

EXPOSED: Northern groups uncover plot to stop Tinubu in 2027

April 28, 2024
5

My wife inspects my private parts because she suspects I’m cheating on her

December 9, 2023
6

Minimum wage struggle not dead – Organised Labour •Insists on N250,000

July 10, 2024

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Detaining, prosecuting children reminiscent of Nazi Concentration Camp – Former Vice President Atiku

November 1, 2024

Kidnappings: 15 states enlist 50,000 vigilantes

February 2, 2024

Tinubu’s 2025 Budget: A recurring tale of debt servicing, neglect — CUPP

December 18, 2024

2 men publicly flogged in Indonesia for gay sex

February 27, 2025
Top posts

Categories

  • News4544
  • Politics4060
  • Crime3882
  • International2734
  • Sports2252
  • Business & Economy2112
  • Headlines2068
  • Education1252
  • Matilda Showbiz892
  • Health798
  • Entertainment733
  • Africa459
  • Religion449
  • Environment319
  • Special262
  • Arts & Culture227
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Info Tech219
  • Interview176
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today172
  • Opinion145
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade116
  • Advert30
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Trends16
  • Local News4

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact