Skip to content
Thursday 20 August 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
International
International

BREAKING: Prince Harry and wife Meghan set to move back to UK •Children already enrolled in British school

The FrontierThe FrontierAugust 20, 2026 754 Minutes read0

•Britain’s Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, and his wife Meghan, Duchess of Sussex

Six years after stepping down as working royals, Prince Harry and his wife Meghan are moving back to the United Kingdom within weeks, British press reported late yesterday.

In a surprise move, Harry, the youngest son of King Charles III, and his wife Meghan, “plan to leave the United States by the end of the month to settle in a private, non-royal residence, which is said to be located outside London”, reports The Telegraph UK.

Several UK news outlets, including the BBC, reported the couple’s two children, Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, had already been enrolled in a British school for the start of the school year early next month, September.

It was reported that the couple had already chosen a new house, but that it would not be one of the many royal residences.

Harry and Meghan have lived in California since stepping down as working royals in 2020, and the children had not seen their grandfather since 2022.

Harry, 41, and Meghan, 45, left Britain for North America in 2020 amid a bitter feud with his family, which worsened as Harry published his tell-all memoir “Spare”.

A no-holds-barred interview with US talk show hostess Oprah Winfrey also deepened the rift.

The Press Association said the 77-year-old Charles had been made aware on Sunday that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex planned to return to live in the UK.

The monarch “welcomes the opportunity to see more of the family in a personal capacity”, but there will be no change in their status, and the couple would still not be working royals, PA said.

Harry has said he did not feel safe bringing his family to Britain after losing a court battle over government-funded police protection.

“It’s impossible for me to take my family back to the UK safely,” he said last year after the ruling.

A Home Office spokesperson said Britain’s protective security system was “rigorous and proportionate”, adding that decisions are taken by a committee whose members include the Home Office, the Metropolitan Police and the royal household.

‘Extraordinary Development’

The stunning news comes after Harry and Meghan paid a short visit to the UK with the children in early July, during which they had a private meeting with Charles.

Harry said last year that he wanted to reconcile with his father, who was diagnosed two years ago with cancer and has been receiving treatment since. The type of cancer has never been revealed.

It was not immediately clear whether Harry’s elder brother and heir to the throne, Prince William, and his wife, Catherine, had been informed of the news. The two brothers have become estranged and reportedly no longer talk.

Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams told GB News television that it was “an extraordinary development”.

“My first thought frankly is… they failed to make it in the US… essentially they failed to be A-listers in Hollywood.”

While the couple signed a mega deal with Netflix in 2020 reportedly worth an unconfirmed $100 million, many of their projects have struggled to win over audiences.

And the new deal signed with the US streaming giant in August 2025 was a looser arrangement, described as a “multi-year, first look deal”.

‘Untruths’

The Sun UK newspaper said the couple would keep their Montecito home in California, as well as a house in Portugal where they are believed to have enjoyed some vacation time this summer.

Even the run-up to Harry’s July trip was rocked by setbacks, with media outlets quoting sources close to him as saying the Prince would be staying at Buckingham Palace in London — only for the palace to issue a denial.

News of the couple’s surprise return after their painful departure from Britain — dubbed Megxit by the British tabloids — also comes the day after Diana’s brother, Charles Spencer, revealed that he had written a book about his sister’s life.

Harry has long blamed the media for the death of his mother Princess Diana, who was killed in a Paris car crash in 1997 while trying to shake off the paparazzi.

“Swan Song: Diana, My Sister” will be published in Britain and other countries on September 22 and translated into 12 languages.

“With the 30th anniversary of Diana’s tragic death on the skyline, I’ve been inundated yet again with requests for interviews about my sister,” Spencer said.

“This has convinced me to write down my own thoughts and memories, once and for all,” he said, adding many opinions were “based on untruths that have become accepted over time”.

Spencer, 62, has remained close to both his nephews, and Harry and Meghan and their children reportedly visited the earl’s ancestral home at Althorp, central England, in early July where they were said to have visited Diana’s grave.

 

 

Tags
British schoolchildrenPrince HarryUKwife Meghan
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Parents groan as fee increase crisis hits private schools
next post Petrol subsidy savings: Nigerian employers urge states, LGAs to account for ₦10.4 trillion received
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
International

10 ways to qualify for British citizenship in the UK — Official

August 20, 20260
International

Russian strikes hit hospital, kill 12, injure 33 in Ukraine’s capital Kyiv

August 20, 20260
International

RED ALERT: Mad cow disease case confirmed on UK farm

August 19, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
International

10 ways to qualify for British citizenship in the UK — Official

August 20, 20260
Sports

Why Man City lost to Arsenal in Community Shield — Maresca

August 20, 20260
Politics

2027: How Tinubu, Atiku, Obi spent elections campaign Day One

August 20, 20260
Politics

2027: I will bring back fuel subsidy if elected president — Former Vice President Atiku promises Nigerians

August 20, 20260
Business & Economy

Abuja’s whopping N390 billion debt raises posers over cost of Nigeria’s capital infrastructure boom under minister Wike

August 20, 20260
Crime

Stop unlawful detention, extortion or face sanctions — Abuja Police boss warns officers

August 20, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

10 ways to qualify for British citizenship in the UK — Official

August 20, 2026

Why Man City lost to Arsenal in Community Shield — Maresca

August 20, 2026

2027: How Tinubu, Atiku, Obi spent elections campaign Day One

August 20, 2026

2027: I will bring back fuel subsidy if elected president — Former Vice President Atiku promises Nigerians

August 20, 2026

Abuja’s whopping N390 billion debt raises posers over cost of Nigeria’s capital infrastructure boom under minister Wike

August 20, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

10 ways to qualify for British citizenship in the UK — Official

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Reps to begin 2024 budget defence today

December 11, 2023
3

Angry freight agents shut down shipping companies over hike in charges

January 13, 2026
4

5 feared dead, 20 missing in Delta boat mishap

November 26, 2024
5

We won’t accept empty promises in 2026 – Organised Labour declares

December 31, 2025
6

PDP raises concerns over Imo, Kogi Supreme Court judgments

August 24, 2024
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

PenCom warns Nigerians against job recruitment scam

April 14, 2026
3

EASTER: Nigerians demand decisive action from FG against insecurity

April 4, 2026
4

Barca’s Gavi ruled out for 5 months

September 24, 2025
5

98th Oscars: Selection committee opens submissions for Nigeria’s entry

August 12, 2025
6

Japan Prime Minister Takaichi dissolves parliament for snap election

January 23, 2026

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Norway set to launch complaint over Balogun red card saga

July 23, 2026

Serbia threaten to exit Euro 2024 over chants

June 20, 2024

The Burna Boy catalogue clash: Why Warner Music may be sitting in a Nigerian legal hot seat

April 11, 2026

Alonso leaves Real Madrid, Arbeloa appointed as coach

January 12, 2026
Top posts

Categories

  • News4917
  • Politics4572
  • Crime4408
  • International3035
  • Sports2454
  • Business & Economy2269
  • Headlines2218
  • Education1367
  • Matilda Showbiz983
  • Health875
  • Entertainment812
  • Africa573
  • Religion483
  • Environment364
  • Special277
  • Info Tech245
  • Arts & Culture240
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today202
  • Interview186
  • Opinion153
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade130
  • World Cup 202695
  • Advert34
  • Trends23
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Local News5

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact