Skip to content
Thursday 20 August 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
News
News

JUST IN: 5 feared dead as building collapses in Osun

The FrontierThe FrontierJuly 14, 2024 2591 Minutes read0

•Collapsed building

Residents of the Sabo area in Osogbo, the capital of Osun State, were gripped with fear today, Sunday, July 14, when an abandoned building, allegedly used by hoodlums, collapsed.

Five people were trapped inside when the building collapsed around 7:30 am, reports The Nation.

It was learned that the uncompleted, abandoned storey building had been used by hoodlums as an abode before its collapse.

A source known as Tunde explained that the building was a den for cultists, hoodlums, and other bad actors, and that security operatives had raided it several times before its collapse on Sunday morning.

He said: “As I am talking to you, security operatives with rescue teams have arrived the scene. They have brought crain machine to the scene, they rescued three people from the rumbles.”

The spokesperson of the Nigerian Security Civil Defense Corps(NSCDC), Osun State Command, Kehinde Adeleke confirmed the collapse.

According to her, “Subsequent to our earlier report dated 10 June 2024 in which we reported on an uncompleted building used as residence by hoodlums by AUD primary school, Sabo Elegun.

“The building we reported was an eyesore and we recommended raiding by task force and the environmental body to the building is sanitised. The said building collapsed at about 07:30 hrs today Sunday 14th July 2024 entrapping 5 people.

“Two people have been rescued so far while the remaining three are entrapped under the decking that requires the use of a Crain.

“While we await the crain, people are doing all they can within the physical human capacity to break the decking and connected rods. The LGA chairman and his team were around and they have gone to see how the Crain can be brought down. On ground are the SSG who just arrived , NSCDC, Police commissioner of police and the team, OSEMA, and other government dignitaries.”

Tags
buildingcollapsesdeadfearedOsun
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post BREAKING: PDP wins all 21 LG seats in Adamawa
next post Banditry: Katsina elders ask Tinubu to sit up, slam defence ministers
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
News

Tinubu appoints Abel Enitan as new Head of Federal Civil Service

August 20, 20260
News

2027 elections: Broadcasters, online publishers, bloggers, others warned against disinformation, hate speech

August 19, 20260
News

BREAKING: Chaos as State Assembly workers lock out lawmakers in Edo

August 19, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Education

Parents groan as fee increase crisis hits private schools

August 20, 20260
Arts & Culture

Isese Day: Lagos, Ogun, Oyo declare today work-free

August 20, 20260
Entertainment

REVEALED: Afrobeats star Davido was target of Osun governor’s convoy gun attack – Police

August 20, 20260
Interview

Nigeria’s reforms must be judged by results, not propaganda — Mayor of Urhoboland

August 20, 20260
Sports

Senate launches war on sports bodies over Nigeria’s football collapse

August 20, 20260
News

Tinubu appoints Abel Enitan as new Head of Federal Civil Service

August 20, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Parents groan as fee increase crisis hits private schools

August 20, 2026

Isese Day: Lagos, Ogun, Oyo declare today work-free

August 20, 2026

REVEALED: Afrobeats star Davido was target of Osun governor’s convoy gun attack – Police

August 20, 2026

Nigeria’s reforms must be judged by results, not propaganda — Mayor of Urhoboland

August 20, 2026

Senate launches war on sports bodies over Nigeria’s football collapse

August 20, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

Parents groan as fee increase crisis hits private schools

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

JUST IN: Former Governor El-Rufai set for arraignment over alleged cybercrime offences

February 20, 2026
3

EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade: Importance of children eye examination

August 11, 2025
4

Shutdown of multinational corporations: MAN, NACCIMA, others raise alarm

December 9, 2023
5

Why election results change in transit – Resident Electoral Commissioner, Prof. Sam Egwu

March 15, 2026
6

Taiwan’s President-elect vows to defend Island from China threats

January 14, 2024
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Governor Adeleke campaign tackles APC, Police over violence in Osun

June 23, 2026
3

Super Eagles drop to 45th in FIFA ranking

September 18, 2025
4

Paternity dispute: Court stops police from tendering DNA test result against ex-minister

February 25, 2025
5

Lagos Speaker, GAC members meet Tinubu in Abuja

January 24, 2025
6

Senator Dickson breaks silence on NDC primary controversies, appeals for calm

June 11, 2026

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Haaland nominated for UEFA Goal of the Day

October 24, 2024

I’m not prepared to downsize my cabinet — Tinubu

December 24, 2024

My boss – Emir Sanusi hails former President Jonathan as they meet in Abuja after 10 years

September 27, 2024

109 senators monthly pay enough for salaries of 4,708 professors

August 18, 2025
Top posts

Categories

  • News4917
  • Politics4569
  • Crime4407
  • International3032
  • Sports2452
  • Business & Economy2267
  • Headlines2218
  • Education1367
  • Matilda Showbiz983
  • Health875
  • Entertainment812
  • Africa573
  • Religion483
  • Environment364
  • Special277
  • Info Tech245
  • Arts & Culture240
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today202
  • Interview186
  • Opinion153
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade130
  • World Cup 202695
  • Advert34
  • Trends23
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Local News5

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact