Skip to content
Saturday 22 August 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
Headlines
Headlines

JUST IN: Organised Labour directs Abuja workers to resume work with immediate effect

The FrontierThe FrontierFebruary 3, 2026 1212 Minutes read0

•Workers

Labour unions have asked their members and affiliates under the payroll of the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) to resume work with immediate effect.

The directive, contained in a joint circular by the TUC and NLC today, followed a marathon conciliatory meeting between the unions and the Minister of the FCT, Nyesom Wike.

“Consequently, all JUAC members and all affiliates of the TUC and NLC working in the Ministry of the FCT (MFCT) are hereby directed to resume work immediately,” the circular, signed by the TUC Secretary General. N.A Toro and NLC Ag. General Secretary, Benson Upah, read in part.

“All affiliates are enjoined to comply strictly with this directive in the interest of industrial peace and harmony, in good faith.”

According to the labour unions, the breakthrough meeting was brokered by the Chairman of the Senate Committee on FCT, Mohammed Bomoi, during which the grievances that have grounded activities at the FCTA secretariat since January 19 were addressed.

The unions said all complaints by the Joint Union Action Committee (JUAC) were fully “addressed to the satisfaction of all parties involved” with Wike assuring organised labour of “mutual respect and sustained engagement going forward to ensure a harmonious working relationship”.

Other resolutions reached included a deal that “no worker shall be victimized in any way for participating in the industrial action” and that all “outstanding cases at the National Industrial Court (NIC) related to this industrial dispute shall be withdrawn immediately by the parties.”

The workers, under the umbrella of JUAC, had gone on strike over issues like non-remittance of statutory deductions (Pension and National Housing Fund), delays in payment of promotion of arrears, and the conduct of the promotion exercise among other issues.

The workers’ strike led to the shutdown of activities in departments and agencies of the FCTA and FCDA. That led Wike to sue the JUAC.

On January 27, the National Industrial Court directed the workers to suspend the industrial action. While it held that the issue is a trade dispute, the defendants’ right to go on strike was not absolute.

The court said that since the dispute had been brought to it, the strike must stop until the case is determined.

Following the verdict, the FCTA directed the workers to resume work immediately, but the NLC told its members to continue with the industrial action.

Yesterday, the National Industrial Court (NIC) issued an interim order restraining the NLC and the TUC, and three others, from protesting on Tuesday, February 3, 2026.

Justice Emmanuel Sublim, while ruling on an ex parte application filed by Wike and the FCTA, granted the interim order restraining the 1st to 5th respondents and their privies or agents from embarking on strike pending the hearing of the motion on notice.

He asked the 5th-9th defendants, who are security agencies, to ensure no breakdown of law and order.

The exparte motion, which was filed by Counsel to Wike and the FCTA, Ogwu Onoja, submitted that the Chairman of the FCT council had sent a message of mobilization to members and affiliated unions for a protest on February 3.

FCTA and police authorities had also asked the workers to shelve the planned protest.

Tags
Abuja workersOrganised Labourwork
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Bill, Hillary Clinton to testify in US House Epstein probe
next post Electricity subsidy payment: Federal govt to share cost with states, councils
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
Headlines

As campaigns for 2027 elections begin, the race heats up

August 21, 20260
Headlines

JUST IN: FG declares one-day Public Holiday

August 21, 20260
Headlines

JUST IN: UK warns citizens against travel to 11 Nigerian states •FULL LIST

August 20, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Health

The meat we eat and the years we lose: How Nigeria’s abattoirs quietly erode our life expectancy, By Dr. Gani Enahoro

August 22, 20260
International

One dead as plane hits car

August 22, 20260
Politics

EXPOSED: How APC, Accord Party splashed N100 billion on Osun election

August 22, 20260
Sports

Prolific Osimhen scores back-to-back braces

August 22, 20260
International

BREAKING: US court permits FBI to review Tinubu drug case files in private

August 22, 20260
News

IPOB condemns Britain’s ‘selective outrage’ over Israel, Nnamdi Kanu

August 22, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

The meat we eat and the years we lose: How Nigeria’s abattoirs quietly erode our life expectancy, By Dr. Gani Enahoro

August 22, 2026

One dead as plane hits car

August 22, 2026

EXPOSED: How APC, Accord Party splashed N100 billion on Osun election

August 22, 2026

Prolific Osimhen scores back-to-back braces

August 22, 2026

BREAKING: US court permits FBI to review Tinubu drug case files in private

August 22, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

The meat we eat and the years we lose: How Nigeria’s abattoirs quietly erode our life expectancy, By Dr. Gani Enahoro

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

1 burnt to death, 3 injured in Lagos multiple gas trucks explosion

February 8, 2024
3

Most markets rise as China-US truce extended, inflation in focus

August 12, 2025
4

Ibadan convention: Appeal Court decides PDP’s fate today

March 9, 2026
5

ADC, Atiku slam FCT Minister Wike over threat against Channels TV’s Okinbaloye

April 5, 2026
6

Tension as armed Fulani herdsmen, bandits take over Benue community

October 19, 2025
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

UNIZIK expels female student involved in video clash with lecturer

February 14, 2025
3

Nigeria obtains additional $215 million World Bank loan for palliatives

May 9, 2025
4

JUST IN: Block SIMs without NIN – NCC directs MTN, Airtel, others

December 19, 2023
5

Liverpool search for answers, Arsenal brace for Chelsea test •FIXTURES

November 28, 2025
6

3 spectators killed during marathon race in Kogi

December 27, 2023

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

1,593 Nigerians killed in road accidents in 3 months – FRSC •Nigeria tops death chart in Africa

May 23, 2025

Ghanaian footballer killed in armed robbery attack

April 13, 2026

Tinubu returns to Nigeria from Türkiye after 5-day trip

February 1, 2026

Popular pastor rejects N30 million donation from state governor, gives reason

June 19, 2025
Top posts

Categories

  • News4927
  • Politics4589
  • Crime4410
  • International3042
  • Sports2459
  • Business & Economy2272
  • Headlines2221
  • Education1369
  • Matilda Showbiz983
  • Health878
  • Entertainment812
  • Africa577
  • Religion483
  • Environment364
  • Special277
  • Info Tech245
  • Arts & Culture240
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today204
  • Interview186
  • Opinion153
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade130
  • World Cup 202695
  • Advert34
  • Trends23
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Local News5

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact