Skip to content
Tuesday 18 August 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
International
International

Mideast war: US orders more missiles as Iran rejects peace plan

The FrontierThe FrontierMarch 26, 2026 2292 Minutes read0

•US missiles

The US Department of Defence yesterday announced three agreements with defence contractors to boost the production of missiles and other components to replenish dwindling supplies used in the Middle East war.

The extensive use of interceptor missiles by the United States, Israel and Gulf states to counter Iranian retaliatory attacks has raised concerns about stockpile levels, reports AFP.

Lockheed Martin and BAE Systems agreed to a fourfold increase in the production of a key component known as “seeker heads” for THAAD, a high-altitude anti-missile system that has seen significant use in the Middle East.

The agreement puts the “industrial base on a wartime footing,” the Department of Defense said in a press release.

At the end of January, Lockheed Martin had already announced plans to accelerate its THAAD production from around 100 to about 400 units annually within a few years.

The Pentagon also announced a second agreement with Lockheed Martin to “accelerate” production of Precision Strike Missiles (PrSM), tactical ballistic missiles used for the first time against Iran. They succeed the Army Tactical Missile System (ATACMS).

Lockheed Martin confirmed the order to quadruple output of the PrSM missiles, saying it builds on a previous $4.94 billion contract awarded by the US Army last year.

In a third deal, Honeywell Aerospace agreed to boost the production of “critical components for America’s munitions stockpile,” including navigation systems, according to a DoD press release.

This comes as Iranian state television, citing an unidentified senior official, reported that Iran had rejected a peace plan proposed by the United States to end the Middle East war.

Amid backchannel diplomacy, Iran is said to have dismissed the US proposal, signalling it will dictate the terms of any ceasefire.

“Iran has responded negatively to an American proposal aimed at ending the ongoing imposed war,” the official said, according to the English-language broadcaster Press TV.

“The end of the war will occur when Iran decides it should end, not when Trump envisions its conclusion.”

There has been no official Iranian statement on the reported peace plan.

Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi, who led pre-war talks with the United States, has yet to comment.

However, Iranian media outlets such as the Mehr and Tasnim agencies have picked up the Press TV report.

Earlier yesterday, two senior Pakistani officials said that — in an effort to mediate — Islamabad had conveyed to Iran a 15-point plan containing US proposals to end the nearly month-long war.

According to the same unidentified Iranian official cited by Press TV, Tehran has put forward its own five conditions for ending hostilities.

These include ending “aggression and assassinations” against the country and its leaders, establishing a robust mechanism guaranteeing that neither Israel nor the United States will resume the war, and compensation for the destruction caused, with a view to reconstruction.

Iran’s conditions also include a cessation of hostilities on all regional fronts and against all “resistance groups” — an implicit reference to the Tehran-backed Lebanese group Hezbollah.

The official is also reported as saying that Tehran wants international recognition and guarantees of Iran’s rights to exercise its sovereignty over the Strait of Hormuz, the key maritime route for global trade at the centre of the current war.

Tags
IranMideast warmissilespeace planUS
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Several feared dead as sand pit collapses in Kano
next post 2027: ADC won’t be blackmailed into making decision on zoning, says party spokesman
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
International

5 easiest countries for Africans to get a work visa in 2026

August 17, 20260
International

Hotel fire outbreak, temple stampede kill 15 Hindu worshippers in India

August 17, 20260
International

Strait of Hormuz: We’ll bomb the shit out of Oman if it gets in way of Iran deal — Trump threatens

August 17, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Education

200 varsity lecturers resign, strike looms

August 17, 20260
Education

LASU 2026 best graduating student gets N10 million cash prize

August 17, 20260
Sports

BREAKING: NFF sacks Coach Madugu, Super Falcons’ crew with immediate effect

August 17, 20260
Headlines

How Nigerians can apply for FG loan to build, buy a house

August 17, 20260
International

5 easiest countries for Africans to get a work visa in 2026

August 17, 20260
Politics

Edo Assembly: Why we removed Agbebaku – New Speaker

August 17, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

200 varsity lecturers resign, strike looms

August 17, 2026

LASU 2026 best graduating student gets N10 million cash prize

August 17, 2026

BREAKING: NFF sacks Coach Madugu, Super Falcons’ crew with immediate effect

August 17, 2026

How Nigerians can apply for FG loan to build, buy a house

August 17, 2026

5 easiest countries for Africans to get a work visa in 2026

August 17, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

200 varsity lecturers resign, strike looms

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

INEC Chairman Yakubu laments flawed democracies, hints of exit

April 12, 2025
3

Army buries soldiers murdered by terrorists

March 8, 2026
4

Edo Assembly approves death sentence for kidnapping

February 18, 2025
5

FIFA bows to pressure, scraps private investment plan after backlash

August 1, 2026
6

Nigeria in peril, needs collective salvation – Former Speaker Tambuwal at 60

January 11, 2026
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

BBNaija S9: I caught Ben touching my twin sister Handi’s nipple while she slept — Wanni •VIDEO

August 31, 2024
3

Teenage student stabs school mate, teacher to death

January 17, 2025
4

Central Bank sells $20,000 to BDCs at new rate as naira falls

September 7, 2024
5

Housewife in police net for killing house help

December 22, 2023
6

Probe senator linked with kidnapping – CSO demands

February 7, 2024

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Interpol arrests over 300 members of dreaded cult group, Black Axe in Nigeria

August 28, 2024

UK annual inflation slides to 2.8%

May 20, 2026

Panic as parents evacuate students from Federal Government Girls’ College Abuja area amid insecurity •PHOTOS

November 23, 2025

Residents killed as female suicide bomber hits food joint in Borno

June 21, 2025
Top posts

Categories

  • News4910
  • Politics4549
  • Crime4400
  • International3027
  • Sports2443
  • Business & Economy2263
  • Headlines2215
  • Education1359
  • Matilda Showbiz983
  • Health870
  • Entertainment805
  • Africa568
  • Religion483
  • Environment363
  • Special277
  • Info Tech244
  • Arts & Culture238
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today202
  • Interview185
  • Opinion153
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade130
  • World Cup 202695
  • Advert34
  • Trends23
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Local News5

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact