Skip to content
Monday 17 August 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
Crime
Crime

Multiple bomb explosions: Governor Zulum calls for vigilance at worship places •VIDEO

The FrontierThe FrontierMarch 17, 2026 982 Minutes read0

•Governor Babagana Zulum of Borno State

Borno State governor, Babagana Zulum, has condemned the explosions that occurred in some parts of the Maiduguri metropolis yesterday evening.

Zulum, who is said to be in Saudi Arabia for the Lesser Hajj, described the attack as despicable, cruel, and cowardly, targeting innocent people in the holy month of Ramadan.

In a statement, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Media, Dauda Iliya, called for increased vigilance and heightened security measures, particularly in places of worship, as the festive period beckons.

“I am deeply saddened by the explosions that occurred in parts of the metropolis on Monday evening. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the victims and those injured as a result of the blast. The act is utterly condemnable, barbaric, and inhumane,” Zulum was quoted as saying.

“The recent surge in attacks is not unconnected with intense military operations in the Sambisa forest and other hideouts of the insurgents,” he added.

The governor, therefore, assured people of the state that the military and other security agencies were on top of the situation, as adequate measures had been taken to forestall any security breach in Maiduguri and the entire state.

He called on residents to remain calm, go about their usual activities, and report any suspicious movement or activity to security agencies.

Three explosions rocked Maiduguri yesterday evening, less than 24 hours after suspected Boko Haram insurgents attacked the Ajilari community at the outskirts of the city.

An amateur video obtained by our correspondent showed victims of the explosions being evacuated for medical attention to one of the hospitals in the state capital.

The Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Nahum Daso, said preliminary reports revealed the explosions happened at the Post Office area and the main entrance of University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital, but he had yet to confirm the one at the Monday market.

“Yes, there were reports of explosions at University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital main gate and Post Office area, but the one at Monday Market, I have no information, but I will get back to you as soon as I have it,” Daso said.

He explained the number of casualties were still sketchy as the victims had been taken to different hospitals in the state capitals, adding that he did not have the records at the time of filing this report on Monday night.

But some residents in the area feared that the explosions might have claimed several lives and injured many others.

WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW:

 

 

 

Tags
Governor ZulumMultiple bomb explosionsvigilanceworship places
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post AfroBasket 2025: FG fulfils promise to victorious D’Tigress
next post Alleged N8.7 billion fraud: How funds were moved to firms linked with former justice minister Malami – Witnesses
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
Crime

Man allegedly kills 60-year-old mother with cutlass

August 17, 20260
Crime

Lawyers task FG on detained, missing persons in Igboland

August 17, 20260
Crime

27-year-old man charged for allegedly stealing 27 women’s underwear

August 17, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
International

5 easiest countries for Africans to get a work visa in 2026

August 17, 20260
Politics

Edo Assembly: Why we removed Agbebaku – New Speaker

August 17, 20260
Crime

Man allegedly kills 60-year-old mother with cutlass

August 17, 20260
News

Niger Delta stakeholders renew calls for restructuring, resource control •Demand 70% oil revenue

August 17, 20260
Crime

Lawyers task FG on detained, missing persons in Igboland

August 17, 20260
Crime

27-year-old man charged for allegedly stealing 27 women’s underwear

August 17, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

5 easiest countries for Africans to get a work visa in 2026

August 17, 2026

Edo Assembly: Why we removed Agbebaku – New Speaker

August 17, 2026

Man allegedly kills 60-year-old mother with cutlass

August 17, 2026

Niger Delta stakeholders renew calls for restructuring, resource control •Demand 70% oil revenue

August 17, 2026

Lawyers task FG on detained, missing persons in Igboland

August 17, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

5 easiest countries for Africans to get a work visa in 2026

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Coronation ceremony for 43rd Olubadan holds today

July 12, 2024
3

Serie A: Monza sack Nesta from head coach role

December 23, 2024
4

Alleged forgery: Abuja Director of Investigation in Police net

August 1, 2025
5

12 best places to live in the United States

March 24, 2026
6

Honduras footballer Elis remains in coma after head injury

February 26, 2024
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Nigeria’s boxing legend Obisia Nwankpa is dead

June 5, 2025
3

Late arrival of election materials mars Kaduna LG election

October 19, 2024
4

Confab: Govt has treated youths like idiots, says Utomi

January 2, 2025
5

JUST IN: Emefiele released after meeting bail conditions

April 13, 2024
6

2023 show me shege – Wizkid laments, prays for better 2024

December 31, 2023

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

King Charles III admitted to hospital for prostrate surgery – Palace source

January 26, 2024

Navalny’s Moscow funeral takes place under shadow of repression

March 1, 2024

Tension in APC as group moves to form new party •Over 26 million members already registered – Leader

December 2, 2024

Igbinedion school bullying: Police to charge parents of erring students to court – Edo govt •VIDEO

March 16, 2026
Top posts

Categories

  • News4910
  • Politics4549
  • Crime4400
  • International3027
  • Sports2442
  • Business & Economy2263
  • Headlines2214
  • Education1357
  • Matilda Showbiz983
  • Health870
  • Entertainment805
  • Africa568
  • Religion483
  • Environment363
  • Special277
  • Info Tech244
  • Arts & Culture238
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today202
  • Interview185
  • Opinion153
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade130
  • World Cup 202695
  • Advert34
  • Trends23
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Local News5

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact