Skip to content
Sunday 23 August 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
Crime
Crime

N80.2 billion case: Court grants former Governor Yahaya Bello permission to travel for lesser hajj in Saudi Arabia

The FrontierThe FrontierJanuary 29, 2026 1581 Minutes read0

•EFCC logo and Bello

A former governor of Kogi State, Yahaya Bello, has been granted permission by the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja to travel to Saudi Arabia to perform the 2026 lesser Hajj.

In granting the application, Justice Emeka Nwite ordered that Bello’s international passport, which has been in the custody of the court, be temporarily released to him, reports Channels TV.

The former governor is currently standing trial before the court over alleged misappropriation of funds, in a case instituted by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The application for permission to travel was personally deposed to by Bello and moved by his lead counsel, Joseph Daudu, SAN. Counsel told the court that the request was to enable the defendant travel to the Holy Land to observe the lesser Hajj during the month of Ramadan.

Daudu further informed the court that Bello had not travelled to the Holy Land in over eight years and that there was a need for him to do so to pray for divine intervention regarding the charges brought against him by the EFCC.

Responding, lead prosecution counsel, Kemi Pinheiro, SAN, informed the court that the prosecution did not oppose the request for the defendant to travel but would not concede any of the dates already fixed for the continuation of trial.

In a brief ruling, Justice Nwite granted the application and approved the release of Bello’s passport from March 13, 2026, for a period of 10 days.

The court subsequently adjourned the matter until tomorrow, Friday, January 30, for the continuation of the examination of the seventh prosecution witness.

Earlier in his testimony, the witness, Olomotane Egoro, a subpoenaed official of Access Bank, told the court of cash inflows from local government areas in Kogi State into the accounts of Fazab Business Enterprise and E-Traders International Ltd. He also testified that several cash withdrawals were made from the accounts.

The EFCC is prosecuting Bello over alleged money laundering amounting to N80.2 billion, allegations which the former governor denied when he was arraigned before the court.

Tags
CourtFormer Governor Yahaya Bellolesser hajjSaudi Arabia
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post When did I join your party? – Activist rejects ADC manifesto committee membership
next post Senior lawyer to Nasarawa govt: Your silence over killings of Tiv indigenes is dangerous
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
Crime

Kidnapped Borno schoolchildren: Families cry out to Tinubu after 100 days in captivity

August 22, 20260
Crime

Another fake govt agency uncovered, Tinubu orders arrest, suspension of three permanent secretaries

August 22, 20260
Crime

JUST IN: Maternity Home sealed, three arrested over alleged ₦13.5 million newborn baby sale

August 20, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Headlines

JUST IN: ‘Fake agency’ boss fights back with appointment letter by FG

August 23, 20260
Health

Why Nigerians should stop cutting vegetables in markets — Nutritionists

August 23, 20260
Sports

La Liga: Mourinho begins Real Madrid reign with last-minute win

August 23, 20260
News

Travellers stranded as traffic jam returns to Abuja-Kaduna highway

August 23, 20260
Politics

Tinubu Campaign Council a rehab centre for corruption suspects, says ADC

August 23, 20260
Business & Economy

Tinubu’s N15.8 trillion reform gains yet to reach Nigerians — Analysts insist

August 23, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

JUST IN: ‘Fake agency’ boss fights back with appointment letter by FG

August 23, 2026

Why Nigerians should stop cutting vegetables in markets — Nutritionists

August 23, 2026

La Liga: Mourinho begins Real Madrid reign with last-minute win

August 23, 2026

Travellers stranded as traffic jam returns to Abuja-Kaduna highway

August 23, 2026

Tinubu Campaign Council a rehab centre for corruption suspects, says ADC

August 23, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

JUST IN: ‘Fake agency’ boss fights back with appointment letter by FG

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Lagos, Kano lead as 117 million Nigerians get NIN

April 1, 2025
3

Vice President Shettima leads APC mega rally as governor, Ajayi’s camps allege rigging plot

November 13, 2024
4

Why blackout will persist in North — Transmission company

October 25, 2024
5

Lagos announces traffic diversion at Marine Bridge

January 31, 2024
6

Liverpool top Premier League as Arsenal, Man City win

October 5, 2024
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Uproar as security operatives allegedly shoot woman at Eid prayer ground

April 10, 2024
3

Nigerian singer Niniola resurfaces two months after husband’s death •PHOTOS

July 19, 2026
4

JUST IN: House of Reps issues final summons to Accountant-General over snub, threatens sanctions

July 7, 2026
5

BBNaija announces dates for season 11 audition

May 16, 2026
6

Makoko demolition: Lagos Assembly to meet community leaders tomorrow

February 2, 2026

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

MohBad: Nurse to face trial as court clears Naira Marley, Sam Larry, PrimeBoy

February 25, 2025

EFCC interrogates, detains former Governor El-Rufai over ₦432 billion Kaduna funds probe

February 17, 2026

London property: Ozekhome, Useni presented fake Nigerian passport – Witness tells court

March 14, 2026

TRAGEDY: 11 die in Rivers boat mishap

January 10, 2024
Top posts

Categories

  • News4929
  • Politics4593
  • Crime4411
  • International3044
  • Sports2462
  • Business & Economy2274
  • Headlines2224
  • Education1369
  • Matilda Showbiz991
  • Health879
  • Entertainment813
  • Africa578
  • Religion483
  • Environment367
  • Special277
  • Info Tech245
  • Arts & Culture240
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today204
  • Interview186
  • Opinion153
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade130
  • World Cup 202695
  • Advert34
  • Trends23
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Local News5

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact