Skip to content
Wednesday 20 May 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
Crime
Crime

Outrage as kidnappers kill one of six siblings abducted in Abuja

The FrontierThe FrontierJanuary 14, 2024 8202 Minutes read0

•Nabeeha buried yesterday

Bandits, who kidnapped Alhaji Mansoor Al-Kadriyar and his six children, have killed one of the abducted persons.

The deceased lady identified as Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar was killed on Friday, reports The Nation.

She has been laid to rest according to Islamic rites yesterday.

Nabeeha was a 400-level student of biological science, Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria.

Others abducted include: Najeebah (500 level, Quantity Surveying), Nadheerah (300 level, Zoology)

The kidnappers had earlier contacted the family, demanding N60 million ransom, but The Nation learnt it has been increased to N100 million.

The victims were abducted on Tuesday night in the Bwari Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory.

Alhaji Mansoor’s brother, Abdulfatai, who led policemen to foil their abduction, was shot dead by the bandits.

The death of Nabeeha sparked outrage on social media platforms especially “X”.

Many users trending the hashtag — #Najeebahandhersisters — called on security agencies to intensify efforts to rescue the remaining persons in captivity.

Following the new development on increase in the ransom, the family and well-wishers of the victims, have taken to social media to solicit funds towards their rescue.

A relative of the victims, Sherifdeen had disclosed: “They have contacted the family asking for N60m ransom after prolonged pleading. They freed the father but held the children captive. We have been given Friday, January 12, 2024 to look for the money.

“That is N10 million per child. To support the efforts in securing their freedom, we humbly seek financial assistance. We have provided bank details on my Facebook page.”

Reacting, a foundation on “X”, @ftvf_foundation said: “Day 11: #Najeebahandhersisters haven’t been released. A few hours ago, they killed and sent the body of one of these innocent kids to their parents.

“The kidnappers are insisting on getting the full amount they’re demanding. We just want them back home safe and sound.”

Condoling with the family, former Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Prof. Isa Pantami wrote on his verified “X” page: “Inna lil Laahi wa inna ilaiHi Raajiun! I just read about the killing of our daughter Nabeeha (400 level, ABU). I also spoke with her father on the remaining 5 of our kidnapped daughters. May Allah forgive her, rescue others & bring absolute peace in Nigeria #Najeebahandhersisters”

@ameenakado tweeted: “No one can understand what Najeebah and her other sisters are going through. The bond between them and now they have killed one of them in front of their eyes.”

A former presidential aide, Bashir Ahmad said: “I join fellow concerned Nigerians in urgently calling on the @PoliceNG through its PPRO @PrinceMoye1 to acknowledge and respond to the unfortunate incident involving the kidnapping of Najeebah and five of her sisters #NajeebahAndHerSisters more than a week ago.

“The information shared by a family member @Adamu_Asiya_ this morning indicated that the kidnappers have tragically killed Najeebah as a warning and demanded a N100 million ransom for the release of the remaining victims.

@lilinbaba_ said: “It is with great displeasure and discontentment we received the passing of Nabeeha.

“This reoccurring tragedy of endless kidnapping in the north needs to stop. I’m urging our security officers to double their efforts in fighting these criminal syndicates. May her soul rest in peace”

Meanwhile, the Force spokesperson, Muyiwa Adejobi emphasised that the police and other security agencies have been on the matter to rescue the abducted persons.

 

Tags
abductedAbujakidnapperskillOutragesiblings
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Tension as commercial vehicle with 7 passengers goes missing •LG Council boss, PA, orderly, driver kidnapped
next post Disquiet as Suleja Council, near FCT, vows to enforce ban on sale of alcohol
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
Crime

TRAGEDY: Police officer due for retirement killed in rival thugs clash

May 20, 20260
Crime

Abductions in Oyo show South-West must prepare to address insecurity — Yoruba leader Gani Adams

May 19, 20260
Crime

No permanent terrorist base in South-West, says Military

May 19, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Politics

APC primary election fall-out: Tinubu doesn’t trust me – City Boys coordinator Cubana Chief Priest laments

May 20, 20260
International

Ebola risk high regionally, low worldwide — WHO

May 20, 20260
Crime

TRAGEDY: Police officer due for retirement killed in rival thugs clash

May 20, 20260
Politics

Nigerians slam APC over clearance of former governors Okowa, Bello despite multibillion-naira fraud trials

May 20, 20260
Entertainment

Nigerian Grammy Award-nominee Ninola loses husband

May 20, 20260
Sports

They called us bottlers – Arsenal players celebrate historic English Premier League victory

May 20, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

APC primary election fall-out: Tinubu doesn’t trust me – City Boys coordinator Cubana Chief Priest laments

May 20, 2026

Ebola risk high regionally, low worldwide — WHO

May 20, 2026

TRAGEDY: Police officer due for retirement killed in rival thugs clash

May 20, 2026

Nigerians slam APC over clearance of former governors Okowa, Bello despite multibillion-naira fraud trials

May 20, 2026

Nigerian Grammy Award-nominee Ninola loses husband

May 20, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

APC primary election fall-out: Tinubu doesn’t trust me – City Boys coordinator Cubana Chief Priest laments

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Again, Trump fined $10,000 for violating gag order

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Our educational model, root cause of Nigeria’s underdevelopment — Governor Mbah

November 20, 2024
3

Burna Boy, Katy Perry set to dazzle audience at Le Paris Gala

January 25, 2025
4

Ghana Supreme Court upholds anti-LGBTQ bill

December 18, 2024
5

Judge allows international golfer Tiger Woods to leave US for treatment after arrest

April 2, 2026
6

Nigeria far from fighting institutional corruption – World Bank

December 11, 2024
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Nollywood actor Saheed Balogun loses daughter

October 5, 2024
3

Natasha/Akpabio saga: Disobedience to court order by Senate damaging, says Senior Advocate of Nigeria

March 7, 2025
4

Reduce convoys to 3 cars – Tinubu directs ministers

October 24, 2024
5

NAFDAC raids popular Aba medicine market, uncovers fake medicine worth millions of naira

February 10, 2025
6

Lakurawa terrorists have taken over traditional rulers’ roles in Kebbi communities – Activist Bulama Bukarti

November 12, 2024

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Passage of 2025 budget by National Assembly January ending suffers setback

January 24, 2025

PDP appoints national woman leader 4 months after Effah-Attoe’s death

February 1, 2024

UK sanctions 2 Israeli ministers over Gaza

June 10, 2025

Anambra residents protest electricity bills higher than minimum wage

May 6, 2025
Top posts

Categories

  • News4547
  • Politics4089
  • Crime3896
  • International2744
  • Sports2264
  • Business & Economy2116
  • Headlines2076
  • Education1253
  • Matilda Showbiz892
  • Health800
  • Entertainment739
  • Africa464
  • Religion449
  • Environment320
  • Special262
  • Arts & Culture227
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Info Tech220
  • Interview176
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today172
  • Opinion145
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade117
  • Advert30
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Trends16
  • Local News4

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact