Skip to content
Tuesday 18 August 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
News
News

Police enforce tinted glass ban, seize over 30 vehicles in Abuja

The FrontierThe FrontierJune 5, 2026 1232 Minutes read0

The Federal Capital Territory Police Command has impounded more than 30 vehicles for operating with tinted glasses, obscured number plates, and improper registration as it commenced the enforcement of the ban on tinted vehicles across Abuja.

Addressing journalists at the Command today, the FCT Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Sanusi, said the operation was aimed at tackling the growing use of such vehicles by criminals involved in one-chance robberies, kidnappings, and other violent crimes within the territory.

According to him, the Inspector-General of Police, Olatunji Disu, has given the Command the go-ahead to enforce the ban, reports The PUNCH.

Sanusi said intelligence reports indicated that criminal elements deliberately use tinted vehicles and concealed number plates to hide their identities, evade detection, and frustrate law enforcement efforts.

He said: “The IG has given us the mandate to begin the enforcement of the ban on the use of tinted vehicles and other offences as earlier stated.

“Intelligence reports at the disposal of the command indicate that many criminal elements deliberately use such vehicles to conceal their identities, evade detection, and frustrate law enforcement efforts. This poses a serious threat to public safety.”

The police commissioner explained that the enforcement exercise followed a directive to begin strict implementation of regulations prohibiting the use of tinted glasses and other traffic-related violations that could aid criminal activities.

Consequently, he said the command had launched a comprehensive operation targeting vehicles operating in violation of the regulations.

“This exercise is not intended in any way to inconvenience law-abiding citizens, but it is to deny criminals the cover they exploit to operate crimes against innocent citizens and the FCT residents at large,” Sanusi stated.

He disclosed that more than 30 vehicles had already been seized during the operation.

“As part of this ongoing enforcement, over 30 vehicles found to be operating with tinted glasses, covered or obscured number plates, and without proper registration have been impounded,” he said.

The commissioner warned that owners and operators of the impounded vehicles would be prosecuted in accordance with relevant laws.

“The owners and operators of these vehicles will be charged to court in accordance with the laws of the Federation and the FCT Road Transport Regulations Act, 2023,” he added.

Sanusi reaffirmed the command’s commitment to intelligence-led policing and proactive crime prevention, urging residents to support the enforcement exercise.

He also called on members of the public to remain vigilant and report suspicious persons, vehicles, or activities to the nearest police station or through the command’s emergency lines.

“We therefore seek the understanding, cooperation, and support of the public as we continue this enforcement exercise and enforce the ban on the use of such vehicles and the total ban on tinted glasses across the FCT,” he said.

The police boss maintained that the crackdown was part of broader efforts to improve security and deny criminals the means of operating undetected within the nation’s capital.

The enforcement of restrictions on tinted vehicles comes amid uncertainty over the status of the Nigeria Police Force’s tinted glass permit policy.

On January 1, 2026, the Force suspended nationwide enforcement of the policy following an interim court order restraining its implementation, according to a statement issued by the then Force Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin.

The police had earlier announced on December 15, 2025, that enforcement of the policy would resume from January 2, 2026, as part of measures aimed at strengthening public safety and internal security.

However, it remains unclear whether the court order has since been vacated or whether the suspension remains in effect.

Tags
30 vehiclesAbujapolicetinted glass ban
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Insecurity: Acquire weapons to defend yourselves against bandits — Emir tells subjects
next post Insecurity: Governor Makinde imposes statewide night-time ban on ‘Okada’ operations
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
News

Niger Delta stakeholders renew calls for restructuring, resource control •Demand 70% oil revenue

August 17, 20260
News

JUST IN: Real reason I resigned as Edo Speaker — Agbebaku

August 17, 20260
News

Aviation minister Keyamo urges International Air Transport Association to review Delta Airport location code

August 17, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Entertainment

Angelique Kidjo to become first African musician to get Hollywood star

August 18, 20260
Entertainment

Children cry out for help as popular Nollywood actor battles stage 4 cancer

August 18, 20260
Crime

Two suspected ‘One Chance’ robbers in Police net

August 18, 20260
Business & Economy

Nigerians react as bureaucracy cripples FG’s free business registration drive

August 18, 20260
Africa

ECOWAS dangles $65,000 cash prize for top 60 startups

August 18, 20260
Health

18.2 million Nigerians living with chronic Hepatitis B

August 18, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Angelique Kidjo to become first African musician to get Hollywood star

August 18, 2026

Children cry out for help as popular Nollywood actor battles stage 4 cancer

August 18, 2026

Two suspected ‘One Chance’ robbers in Police net

August 18, 2026

Nigerians react as bureaucracy cripples FG’s free business registration drive

August 18, 2026

ECOWAS dangles $65,000 cash prize for top 60 startups

August 18, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

Angelique Kidjo to become first African musician to get Hollywood star

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Peter Obi cries out over use of N10 trillion to service debts

April 3, 2024
3

Nigeria sitting on gunpowder, ready to explode – Northern monarchs tell Tinubu

February 15, 2024
4

2027 elections: Male dominance in 13 states threatens female representation in politics

January 28, 2026
5

Again, aviation union threatens to picket airlines for refusing to unionise workers

April 29, 2024
6

BREAKING: Enugu Governor Peter Mbah finally dumps PDP for APC

October 14, 2025
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

2027: Real reason former Governor Kwankwaso will not support Tinubu – Galadima

August 19, 2025
3

Senator Natasha issues National Assembly Clerk ultimatum on immediate reinstatement

September 12, 2025
4

At last, Akpabio opens up on alleged sexual harassment •Natasha submits fresh petition •VIDEO

March 5, 2025
5

Why INEC must act with restraint in ADC leadership crisis – Renowned Legal practitioner

April 12, 2026
6

Varsity expels 175 students

July 9, 2024

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

I don’t compete with other artistes — Singing sensation, Tems boasts

October 28, 2023

EFCC given 72 hours to arrest former Governor El-Rufai over ‘misuse’ of N423 billion

February 7, 2025

National Assembly passes 2024 budget, raises estimates by ₦1.2trillion

December 31, 2023

Economic hardship: Nigerians tired of govt’s rhetoric, want action – TUC

February 10, 2024
Top posts

Categories

  • News4910
  • Politics4554
  • Crime4402
  • International3029
  • Sports2444
  • Business & Economy2265
  • Headlines2215
  • Education1361
  • Matilda Showbiz983
  • Health872
  • Entertainment807
  • Africa570
  • Religion483
  • Environment364
  • Special277
  • Info Tech244
  • Arts & Culture238
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today202
  • Interview185
  • Opinion153
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade130
  • World Cup 202695
  • Advert34
  • Trends23
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Local News5

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact