Skip to content
Wednesday 19 August 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
Crime
Crime

Terror attack scare: Police deploy officers to top Lagos schools

The FrontierThe FrontierJanuary 23, 2026 1513 Minutes read0

•Policemen

Following threats of attacks on schools in Ikeja by yet-to-be-identified persons, the Commissioner of Police in Lagos State, Olohundare Jimoh, has ordered the deployment of police personnel, on a permanent basis, to the affected Grange School and Greensprings School (Anthony Campus).

The management of the affected schools located in Ikeja had, on Wednesday and yesterday, respectively, ordered the temporary closure of the schools after receiving security threats via WhatsApp messages from an unknown number, reports The PUNCH.

Announcing the temporary closure, the Head of Grange School, Richard McMahon, in a letter addressed to parents on Wednesday, said the school would not open on Thursday due to a “security-related concern.”

The letter dated January 21, 2026, read, “Earlier this evening, the school received a security-related concern. While there is no immediate danger, we have chosen to act responsibly by taking the matter seriously and putting all necessary safety measures in place.

“The school will use tomorrow (Thursday) to follow up fully with the appropriate authorities and receive official guidance.

“The safety and well-being of our students, staff, and families remain our highest priority, and this temporary closure allows us to ensure that all protocols are properly observed.”

The school management said it would monitor developments, in conjunction with security agencies, to determine the reopening of the school.

On its part, the authorities of the Anthony Campus of Greensprings School also asked students who turned up for school on Thursday to return home while it assessed the security situation.

An official of the school confirmed that the assessment examinations scheduled for Thursday afternoon were aborted due to the closure directive.

The official added that it was uncertain how long the closure of the campus would last before normal academic activities resumed.

It was also gathered that a nearby school, Avi-Cenna International School, Ikeja, was considering a temporary closure.

However, in a statement yesterday by the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Adebisi, the command said it had neutralised the threat to the schools within Ikeja.

The police declared the schools safe for continued academic and administrative activities after conducting a security sweep of the premises.

The statement read, “The Lagos State Police Command has once again demonstrated its commitment to the protection of lives and property following a swift, intelligence-led response to a security threat directed at some prominent private schools in Ikeja.

“On Tuesday, January 21, 2026, at about 4:00 pm, the Human Resources Manager and the Chief Security Officer of both schools, situated within Ikeja, independently reported at the Ikeja Divisional Headquarters that they received distress WhatsApp messages from the same unknown number.”

The statement also conveyed an order by the Commissioner of Police for the commencement of investigations to “trace, identify, and apprehend the sender(s) of the threat messages with a view to bringing them to justice in accordance with the law.”

It added that “combined teams of police personnel have been strategically deployed permanently to the affected schools to ensure round-the-clock safety of students, staff, and school facilities.”

The police detailed measures taken to address the threat, including the mobilisation of personnel, such as experts from the command’s Explosive Ordnance Disposal, Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear unit, the Rapid Response Squad, and other tactical teams, to the school premises for on-the-spot assessment and security reinforcement.

“A painstaking and comprehensive sweep of the entire school environment, including classrooms, administrative offices, halls, playgrounds, and surrounding premises, was conducted by the EOD-CBRN experts to rule out the presence of Improvised Explosive Devices or any other dangerous or suspicious materials.

“The operation yielded no explosive or hazardous devices, and the schools were consequently declared safe for continued academic and administrative activities. Combined teams of police personnel have been strategically deployed, on a permanent basis, to the affected schools to ensure round-the-clock safety of students, staff, and school facilities.”

The police, however, urged residents of Lagos State to remain vigilant and report any suspicious activities.

“The Lagos State Police Command assures parents, guardians, school authorities, and the general public that the command remains proactive, responsive, and fully committed to maintaining peace, safety, and public order across the state,” the statement further read.

In the same vein, the Association of Private Educators in Nigeria urged schools to heighten security protocols and remain vigilant.

The association, however, said it had received assurances from the state government regarding safety in schools.

The statement read, “APEN has been in contact with Lagos State Government officials responsible for security regarding the safety of our schools. We have been assured that the situation surrounding the threat received by two schools is under control.

“Nevertheless, I recommend that we further strengthen and heighten security protocols across all our schools and remain vigilant.

“We will continue to monitor developments and keep APEN schools up to date with any information.”

Tags
officerpoliceTerror attack scaretop Lagos schools
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Kidnapping of 177 Christians, others: US delegation arrives Nigeria, demands immediate action •FG vows to track bandits
next post Family sells livestock, raises N10 million to free kidnapped bride-to-be, bridesmaids
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
Crime

10 suspected human parts merchants in Police net

August 19, 20260
Crime

Man nabbed over sexual abuse of 12-year-old boy in Edo

August 19, 20260
Crime

Peter Obi seeks end to killings as fresh attacks claim over 58 lives in Sokoto, Benue, Plateau

August 19, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Education

2027 elections: NYSC members warned against reckless use of social media

August 19, 20260
Africa

BREAKING: No survivors as helicopter carrying tourists crashes

August 19, 20260
Entertainment

BBNaija: ‘I’ve always known I was party animal’ — Former housemate Kamsy

August 19, 20260
International

Canada invites 1,000 candidates to apply for permanent residence

August 19, 20260
Headlines

HAPPENING NOW: Security beefed up at Defence ministry as retired military officers stage protest

August 19, 20260
Politics

2027: Look beyond campaign slogans — Peter Obi challenges Nigerians

August 19, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

2027 elections: NYSC members warned against reckless use of social media

August 19, 2026

BREAKING: No survivors as helicopter carrying tourists crashes

August 19, 2026

BBNaija: ‘I’ve always known I was party animal’ — Former housemate Kamsy

August 19, 2026

Canada invites 1,000 candidates to apply for permanent residence

August 19, 2026

HAPPENING NOW: Security beefed up at Defence ministry as retired military officers stage protest

August 19, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

2027 elections: NYSC members warned against reckless use of social media

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

UN chief calls for global action to defend women’s rights

March 12, 2024
3

Council of State: Hunger protests, inflation top as former presidents, heads of state, others meet in Abuja today

August 13, 2024
4

Court ruling does not signify an endorsement of Super League — UEFA

December 21, 2023
5

APC final rally shuts down Akure •PHOTO SPLASH

November 13, 2024
6

Why I’m quitting pageantry — Miss Universe 2024 first runner-up, Chidimma Adetshina

November 20, 2024
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

SCANDALOUS: Immigration officers allegedly demand N2 million bribe, hold Mali-bound Nigerian hostage

January 22, 2026
3

Empowerment: Senator Barau distributes 60 cars to Kano residents

January 2, 2024
4

Former Governor Ibori’s daughter escapes alleged assassination as APC congress turns violent in Delta

February 22, 2026
5

India-Africa summit postponed due to Ebola outbreak

May 22, 2026
6

Oil marketers, airline operators, regulators to resolve Jet A1 price crisis swiftly

April 24, 2026

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Why I never wanted to be linked to my late grandpa Obafemi Awolowo when I went for BBNaija  —  Seyi

July 25, 2026

It’s a skit – Husband whose passport was torn at airport reveals •Begs Nigerians for forgiveness

August 15, 2024

Embattled former Governor El-Rufai files fresh ₦10 billion suit against ICPC over alleged denial of family access

August 17, 2026

BREAKING: House of Representatives passes bill to establish State Police

June 11, 2026
Top posts

Categories

  • News4914
  • Politics4564
  • Crime4405
  • International3031
  • Sports2448
  • Business & Economy2266
  • Headlines2216
  • Education1364
  • Matilda Showbiz983
  • Health875
  • Entertainment810
  • Africa572
  • Religion483
  • Environment364
  • Special277
  • Info Tech245
  • Arts & Culture239
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today202
  • Interview185
  • Opinion153
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade130
  • World Cup 202695
  • Advert34
  • Trends23
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Local News5

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact