Skip to content
Tuesday 18 August 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
Education
Education

11 CBT centres, registrants to face sanction over fingerprint infractions – JAMB

The FrontierThe FrontierJune 18, 2025 1712 Minutes read0

•JAMB candidates

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has recommended tough penalties for 11 Computer‑Based Test (CBT) centres and their registrants involved in fingerprint irregularities during registration for the 2025 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

Registrar/Chief Executive of JAMB, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, made this known after a brainstorming session with some critical stakeholders following a meeting with the affected CBT centres and registrants yesterday in Abuja.

He said the measures, which still require the approval of Education Minister, Dr Maruf Tunji Alausa, are intended to protect the integrity of the examination process, reports Daily Trust.

“The leadership of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board with some critical stakeholders here recommended that any registrant who registered more than 50 candidates (with infractions) should be dismissed from participating in any activities of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board.

“And what that means is that such a person will not participate in any UTME exercise, will not be registered for the UTME even as a student, and will not be allowed to participate in any of the sister examinations, be it WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB, and this is to be for three years.

“The suspension is to stay for three years. After three years, the Board will revisit it and look at the issue. If the registrant has shown any remorse, such a suspension could be lifted.

“And others who have registered less than 50 will be warned and they will be required to write a letter of apology to the Board after issuing a bond, indicating that they will not be involved in such a thing again.

“Then for CBT centres, all CBT centres involved are to be warned and then asked to sign a bond. And beside the bond, they will also be required to give evidence of training of their registrants.

“And that training should be anchored by any of the federal universities within their vicinity. That training should be anchored by the appropriate department of the university within their vicinity,” Oloyede said through JAMB’s Public Communication Adviser, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, who read out the recommendations.”

Throwing more light on the recommendations, Oloyede said the Board will not entertain any infraction from the affected centres in the future despite their claim of ignorance, hence, the need for them to undergo necessary training in federal universities closest to them before they can be re-engaged by JAMB.

“We will not allow any of these centres to do anything with us until they bring a certificate, a letter from a federal institution closest to that centre that their staff had been trained on ethical standards.

“But for the centres, those that are owned by the federal government, the reports will be made to the authorities that this is what your agency did,” Oloyede said.

Earlier, most of the affected registrants and some CBT operators who confessed engaging in candidate’s finger contribution during the registration process, hinged the act on ignorance or the need to get more people registered in their centres, even as many broke down in tears and pleaded for leniency.

One of the stakeholders at the meeting and former Lagos Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, said the actions of the affected registrants warrant prosecution and possible jail term, but appealed to JAMB to forgive and make them sign undertaking not to engage in such infraction in the future.

Earlier, an official of Jicoras CBT Centre, Bashir Gumel, said the centre has already commenced an internal probe on the involvement of its registrants, saying the outcome will be forwarded to JAMB.

Tags
CBT centresfingerprint infractionsJAMBregistrantssanction
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Mokwa floods: 700 persons still missing – Niger govt
next post Spurs battle West Ham for Nigeria’s Onyedika
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
Education

UI, UNILAG lead Nigerian institutions in global ranking •FULL LIST

August 18, 20260
Education

WAEC under fire over 2026 results, alleged grading anomalies

August 18, 20260
Education

ASUU strike threat: Why Nigerian universities keep returning to same crisis

August 18, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Education

UI, UNILAG lead Nigerian institutions in global ranking •FULL LIST

August 18, 20260
News

Tension as youths destroy shrine in Rivers

August 18, 20260
Politics

2027: Former military Head of State General Abdulsalami warns politicians against character assassination as campaigns kick off tomorrow

August 18, 20260
Sports

Nigerian fans drive SuperSport’s 19.1 billion World Cup digital views

August 18, 20260
Entertainment

Afrobeats star Davido considers quitting music for new generation

August 18, 20260
Health

What you need to know about stage-four cancer and chances of survival

August 18, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

UI, UNILAG lead Nigerian institutions in global ranking •FULL LIST

August 18, 2026

Tension as youths destroy shrine in Rivers

August 18, 2026

2027: Former military Head of State General Abdulsalami warns politicians against character assassination as campaigns kick off tomorrow

August 18, 2026

Nigerian fans drive SuperSport’s 19.1 billion World Cup digital views

August 18, 2026

Afrobeats star Davido considers quitting music for new generation

August 18, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

UI, UNILAG lead Nigerian institutions in global ranking •FULL LIST

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Pipeline surveillance: Court decision major economic triumph — Ohanaeze youths

April 16, 2026
3

Empty booth in Japan: Nigeria’s participation at TICAD 9 not about exhibition – Presidency

August 20, 2025
4

How false fire alarm forced Arik Air plane to make air return — Management

April 18, 2024
5

INSIDE AKWA IBOM TODAY: Governor Eno flags off Renewed Hope Housing Estate

November 7, 2025
6

2026 World Cup qualifiers: The mountain before new Super Eagles coach Eric Chelle

March 20, 2025
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Tinubu’s policies making life rosy for the rich, harsh for the poor — Human rights lawyer Falana

June 10, 2025
3

Uncontrolled high blood pressure kills 10 million annually – WHO warns

September 23, 2025
4

Transport fares rise nationwide as petrol hits N1,400/liter •Nigerians groan

July 24, 2026
5

Nigerians’ health at risk as toxic chemicals permeate food supply

November 12, 2025
6

ROMANCE GONE SOUR: I landed in hospital after my wife grabbed, pulled my scrotum during a fight

April 11, 2026

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Embattled police officer Abba Kyari, brothers fail in bid to stop trial •You have a case to answer – Judge

October 28, 2025

Recall of Senator Natasha fails as INEC rejects petition

April 3, 2025

Lagos driver flees after setting state traffic officer on fire

November 6, 2024

Elder statesman Clark to northern governors: Stop arrogance of power, tax reforms must go on

December 23, 2024
Top posts

Categories

  • News4911
  • Politics4558
  • Crime4402
  • International3029
  • Sports2447
  • Business & Economy2265
  • Headlines2215
  • Education1362
  • Matilda Showbiz983
  • Health873
  • Entertainment808
  • Africa570
  • Religion483
  • Environment364
  • Special277
  • Info Tech244
  • Arts & Culture238
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today202
  • Interview185
  • Opinion153
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade130
  • World Cup 202695
  • Advert34
  • Trends23
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Local News5

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact