Skip to content
Saturday 22 August 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
Info Tech
Info Tech

American tech billionaire Elon Musk snubs Paris prosecutors’ summons over X and Grok

The FrontierThe FrontierApril 21, 2026 1112 Minutes read0

•Elon Musk

Elon Musk did not appear yesterday for a voluntary interview with Paris prosecutors, who had summoned the American tech billionaire over a probe into his social media platform X and AI chatbot Grok.

Prosecutors told our correspondent they had “taken note of the absence of the first people summoned”, without mentioning Musk’s name, reports AFP.

The billionaire had dubbed the French authorities “retards” weeks earlier in a French-language X post.

“The presence or absence (of the people summoned) is not an obstacle to continuing the investigation,” prosecutors added.

They had issued the summons in February as part of an investigation, launched in January 2025, into allegations that X’s algorithm was used to interfere in French politics.

The probe was later expanded to include dissemination of Holocaust denial and sexual deepfakes by X’s AI chatbot Grok.

French prosecutors in February also searched the Paris offices of X, in what the social media giant — which has denied any wrongdoing — slammed as “politicised” raids and an “abusive judicial act”.

At the time, Paris prosecutors also summoned Musk and then-CEO Linda Yaccarino for voluntary interviews as the “de facto and de jure managers of the X platform at the time of the events”, a move Musk called a “political attack”.

Yaccarino resigned as CEO of X in July last year after two years at the helm of the company.

‘Politically Motivated’

In February, Paris prosecutor Laure Beccuau said employees of the company had also been summoned to appear between April 20 and 24 “to be heard as witnesses”.

But whether they turn up for voluntary questioning would not be “an obstacle to the continuation of the investigation”, the Paris prosecutor’s office said Saturday.

Officials have not offered any details on the location or time of Musk’s scheduled interview.

The French investigation focuses on several suspected criminal offences, including complicity in possessing child sexual abuse material and denial of crimes against humanity.

The social media company in July called the probe “politically motivated”.

Its complaints were echoed Monday by Telegram co-founder Pavel Durov, himself the subject of a French probe into illegal activity on his platform.

“President Emmanuel Macron’s France is losing legitimacy as it weaponises criminal investigations to suppress free speech and privacy,” read a post on X by Russian-born Durov, who also holds French nationality.

UK, EU Probes

The French investigation comes as part of a broader international backlash against Grok after it emerged that users could sexualise images of women and children using simple text prompts such as “put her in a bikini” or “remove her clothes”.

It generated an estimated three million sexualised images — mostly of women, though also 23,000 that appeared to depict children — in 11 days, the Center for Countering Digital Hate (CCDH), a nonprofit watchdog, said in late January.

In a separate investigation, Britain’s data regulator in February launched investigations into Musk’s X and xAI over “serious concerns” over whether the companies complied with personal data laws when it came to Grok’s generation of sexualised deepfakes.

In January, the European Union also hit X with a probe over Grok’s generation of sexualised deepfake images of women and minors.

 

Tags
American tech billionaire Elon MuskGrokParisprosecutors’ summonsX
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post JUST IN: Lagos monthly sanitation resumes on Saturday •Total compliance required – State govt
next post JUST IN: APC announces date for presidential primary, pegs expression of interest, nomination forms at ₦100 million •FULL LIST
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
Info Tech

Meta hooked children, misled public – Prosecutors

August 19, 20260
Info Tech

Apple to change app data consent rules on iPhones and iPads, says regulator

August 17, 20260
Info Tech

Google’s Gemini AI Assistant reaches one billion users

August 12, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Health

The meat we eat and the years we lose: How Nigeria’s abattoirs quietly erode our life expectancy, By Dr. Gani Enahoro

August 22, 20260
International

One dead as plane hits car

August 22, 20260
Politics

EXPOSED: How APC, Accord Party splashed N100 billion on Osun election

August 22, 20260
Sports

Prolific Osimhen scores back-to-back braces

August 22, 20260
International

BREAKING: US court permits FBI to review Tinubu drug case files in private

August 22, 20260
News

IPOB condemns Britain’s ‘selective outrage’ over Israel, Nnamdi Kanu

August 22, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

The meat we eat and the years we lose: How Nigeria’s abattoirs quietly erode our life expectancy, By Dr. Gani Enahoro

August 22, 2026

One dead as plane hits car

August 22, 2026

EXPOSED: How APC, Accord Party splashed N100 billion on Osun election

August 22, 2026

Prolific Osimhen scores back-to-back braces

August 22, 2026

BREAKING: US court permits FBI to review Tinubu drug case files in private

August 22, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

The meat we eat and the years we lose: How Nigeria’s abattoirs quietly erode our life expectancy, By Dr. Gani Enahoro

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

APC govt will fail integrity, credibility test at 2027 elections — ADC chieftain

April 27, 2026
3

ADC demands former Minister Nnaji’s probe, says forgery not private offence

October 8, 2025
4

2 dead after small plane makes emergency landing on Florida highway

February 10, 2024
5

JUST IN: US, Iran exchange fire as negotiations stall

June 1, 2026
6

Inflation rate rattles investors as stock market index declines

March 3, 2025
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Delta community raises alarm over pollution of rivers

February 10, 2024
3

Man City will pose problems for Madrid or Bayern – Guardiola promises

January 30, 2025
4

Federal Teaching Hospital ward attendants protest over colleague’s death

April 4, 2024
5

FG dismisses Gambaryan’s allegations, says Binance offered $5 million payment

February 15, 2025
6

JUST IN: No impending cult clash in Lagos, says Police chief

April 13, 2026

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Edo recovers 30 vehicles from former state govt officials

November 28, 2024

At last, Tinubu set to announce Ambassadors – Official

December 30, 2024

Lagos govt removes illegal structures in Iju-Ishaga enforcement

July 9, 2026

Senate President Akpabio mourns former IGP Arase, consoles Nigeria Police

September 1, 2025
Top posts

Categories

  • News4927
  • Politics4589
  • Crime4410
  • International3042
  • Sports2459
  • Business & Economy2272
  • Headlines2221
  • Education1369
  • Matilda Showbiz983
  • Health878
  • Entertainment812
  • Africa577
  • Religion483
  • Environment364
  • Special277
  • Info Tech245
  • Arts & Culture240
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today204
  • Interview186
  • Opinion153
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade130
  • World Cup 202695
  • Advert34
  • Trends23
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Local News5

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact