The ban on street begging by the FCT Minister, Barrister Nyesom Wike and the directive to pick the beggars off the streets commenced today with 15 beggars and 19 scavengers arrested across the nation’s capital. The operations that had a combined force of the Police, Military, DSS, NSCDC, and other paramilitary agencies were deployed in [&helli...
•Tokunbo Wahab on inspection tour of parts of Lagos Island The urban regeneration of Lagos Island will start soon, the Lagos State Government has said. It affirmed that a conducive environment is very essential for economic growth, reports The Nation. Commissioner for the Environment and Water Resources Tokunbo Wahab hinted at this after a tou...
Truck owners and commuters have raised the alarm over mounting losses on the ever-deteriorating Calabar-Uyo federal highway, as the road continues to claim lives, damage vehicles, and destroy goods. In an interview with newsmen in Calabar yesterday, frustrated truck owners expressed their concerns over the road’s condition, which has worsened ...
•Floods Rescue operations are ongoing in the search for a missing girl in last Sunday’s flood that occured in Akure, Ondo State. The operation is being led by the Special Assistant to Governor Lucky Aiyedatiwa on Emergency Response, Prince Oriade Adebawo, reports The Nation. Devastating flood swept through Araromi Area in Akure on October 20, ...
Residents of Kusaki community in Gaube ward of Kuje Area Council of the FCT, Abuja are stranded following a bridge collapse in the area. A resident of Kusaki, Bissalla Ibrahim, who spoke with our reporter on Saturday, said the bridge collapsed as a result of heavy flood that accompanied a downpour, adding that residents have […]
The Lagos State Environmental Sanitation Corps, in an enforcement operation, has clamped down on illegal roadside traders and shanties built on drainages in the FESTAC town area of the state. This was disclosed in a statement shared on X.com by the Lagos State Commissioner, Ministry of Environment and Water Resources, Tokunbo Wahab, today. Acc...
The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has begun the demolition of 50 illegally constructed duplexes and bungalows in Sabon Lugbe, Abuja. Mr Mukhtar Galadima, the Director of the Department of Development Control, led the demolition exercise today, emphasising that the structures had been built by land grabbers without the necessa...
•Aerial view of houses submerged in flood The federal government, through the Nigeria Hydrological Services Agency (NIHSA), has advised Nigerians living around river banks along the River Benue Basin to quickly move to safer grounds. In a statement today, NIHSA Director General, Umar Mohammed, warned that water on the River Benue has reached t...
•Cooking with firewood Nigerians, especially at the grassroots, have been urged not to resort to the use of firewood as a result of the economic hardship and recent hike in the process of cooking gas. The warning came from researchers and climate change advocates at a programme held in Abuja yesterday to discuss ‘Maximising energy […]...
•Governor Ahmed Ododo of Kogi State The Kogi State Government has once again called on the federal government and international donor agencies to assist as floods have displaced over 200 communities. Addressing journalists at Kotonkarfe in Kogi Local Government today, the State Commissioner for Information and Communications, Kingsley Fanwo, w...

