Skip to content
Thursday 21 May 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
News
News

Court stops NLC, TUC from embarking on Tuesday nationwide strike

The FrontierThe FrontierNovember 11, 2023 4971 Minutes read0

The National Industrial Court (NIC) has restrained the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), and the Trade Union Congress (TUC) as well as their affiliates from embarking on any form of strike or industrial action.

The two major labour unions were yesterday evening ordered to stop their nationwide strike action scheduled to commence on Tuesday, November 14, reports Channels TV.

President of the Court Justice Benedict Kanyip issued the restraining order following an ex-parte application brought before the Court by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice.

Justice Kanyip invoked Sections 17 and 19 of the National Industrial Court Act to issue the restraining order against the labour.

The federal government and the AGF through their lawyer Tijani Gazali had in the ex-parte application prayed the court to stop the planned strike action so as to stop untold hardships that would be inflicted on innocent law-abiding citizens and their businesses.

While arguing the ex-parte application Gazali, drew the attention of the court to a series of hardships suffered by Nigerians.

He says that unless the planned strike action is stopped, there may be a likelihood of a breach of peace and tranquility in the country.

In a short ruling, the judge said that it is within the power of the court to intervene by way of a restraining order to ensure peace and tranquility.

He proceeded to grant all the requests of the Federal Government as contained in the motion paper.

Besides, Justice Kanyip directed that the restraining order be pasted on the wall of the Labour House being the last known address of the two defendants to draw their attention to the Court’s position.

The judge also directed that the order along with the originating and other processes be served on the defendants by publication in two major national dailies.

Meanwhile, the case file has been transferred to Justice Olufunke Yemi Anuwe who was said to be handling similar labour dispute-related matters between the two same parties.

Justice Anuwe, the Court President said, would issue a hearing notice to the parties at the appropriate time.

 

Tags
CourtnationwideNLCstopsstrikeTUC
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Mother of one found dead in her room
next post CBN liquidates 20 banks – NDIC •FULL LIST
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
News

Cabals of oil subsidy, exchange rate wish me dead — Tinubu

May 21, 20260
News

INEC releases Supreme Court-ordered Warri delineation report

May 21, 20260
News

Dispatch rider dies in Lagos road crash

May 20, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Education

NYSC announces date to commence 2026 Batch B Stream I orientation

May 21, 20260
Education

JAMB releases 279 previously withheld UTME results

May 21, 20260
Crime

Police officer threatens to kill anyone who films him on duty •VIDEO

May 21, 20260
Politics

Natasha clinches PDP ticket, strengthens grip on Kogi Central ahead of 2027

May 21, 20260
Politics

BREAKING: Allegations of mandatory N5 billion in aspirant’s bank account trails NDC governorship screening

May 21, 20260
Education

JUST IN: Tinubu appoints new JAMB Registrar

May 21, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

NYSC announces date to commence 2026 Batch B Stream I orientation

May 21, 2026

JAMB releases 279 previously withheld UTME results

May 21, 2026

Police officer threatens to kill anyone who films him on duty •VIDEO

May 21, 2026

Natasha clinches PDP ticket, strengthens grip on Kogi Central ahead of 2027

May 21, 2026

BREAKING: Allegations of mandatory N5 billion in aspirant’s bank account trails NDC governorship screening

May 21, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

NYSC announces date to commence 2026 Batch B Stream I orientation

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Again, Trump fined $10,000 for violating gag order

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Hunger protests: Polish students detained over waving of Russian flags released

August 28, 2024
3

BREAKING: Mathematics no longer compulsory for Arts students seeking admission – FG

October 14, 2025
4

Bobrisky: FG probes bribery allegation against Prison Controller-General

September 25, 2024
5

I want to appear in court but I’m afraid of arrest — Former Governor Yahaya Bello confesses

April 23, 2024
6

Again, queues resurface at banks as customers battle cash scarcity

December 8, 2023
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Serie A: Mkhitaryan, Akanji fire Inter to 2‑0 win, now 10 points clear

February 21, 2026
3

JUST IN: 6 escape death as petrol tanker, truck collide in Enugu

April 14, 2025
4

Billionaire Okoya’s sons, Bobrisky other influencers involved in Naira abuse •PHOTOS

January 14, 2025
5

Gunmen bomb police station, kill 2 officers

September 16, 2024
6

Nigerians are refugees even when country not at war – Peter Obi laments

June 11, 2025

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

We’ll reclaim Ethiope East despite Ibori daughter’s defection – Deputy Speaker

December 27, 2024

US proposes mandatory 5-year social media history for foreign travellers

December 10, 2025

BREAKING: I’m set to run for presidency in 2027 – Former Vice President Atiku finally declares

August 25, 2025

Police to arraign Reps member, Ikwechegh today for assaulting Bolt driver

October 30, 2024
Top posts

Categories

  • News4551
  • Politics4101
  • Crime3901
  • International2747
  • Sports2267
  • Business & Economy2119
  • Headlines2076
  • Education1257
  • Matilda Showbiz892
  • Health800
  • Entertainment740
  • Africa465
  • Religion449
  • Environment320
  • Special262
  • Arts & Culture227
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Info Tech220
  • Interview176
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today172
  • Opinion145
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade117
  • Advert30
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Trends16
  • Local News4

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact