Skip to content
Thursday 21 May 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
News
News

FG revokes another Julius Berger contract

The FrontierThe FrontierNovember 5, 2024 2833 Minutes read0

The federal government has terminated the contract for the Rehabilitation of the Abuja-Kaduna-Zaria-Kano Dual Carriageway, Section I (Abuja-Kaduna) from Julius Berger Construction company.

A statement by the Director of Press, Federal Ministry of Works, Mohammed Ahmed, said the decision was made following the failure of the management of Berger to show up for a meeting to fine-tune the contract sum which the government had pegged at N740 billion which the company rejected.

“It is a sad commentary on the Company that rather than accepting the offer, they tinkered with the Bills of Quantities, as well as that of Engineering Measurements and Evaluation via a letter to the Ministry dated 29th October, 2024. The company was summoned for a meeting with the Management of the Ministry, today, 4th November, 2024 but refused to show up, hence the termination of the contract based on effluxion of time and non- performance.”

“Based on non-compliance with reviewed cost, scope and terms, stoppage of work and refusal to remobilise to site, as directed, the Federal Ministry of Works has issued a 14-day Notice of Termination to Messrs Julius Berger (Nig.) Plc for the Rehabilitation of Abuja-Kaduna-Zaria-Kano Dual Carriageway in FCT, Kaduna and Kano States, Contract No.6350, Section I (Abuja-Kaduna), today, 4th November, 2024.”

He said the decision was borne out of several months of back and forth without any meaningful progress was reached at management meeting between the Ministry and Julius Berger.

Recall that the Contract for the road was awarded to Julius Berger in 2018 and was supposed to cost less than N155.7bn with a 36 months completion date.

But the cost rose to over N600 billion and 6 years after less than 50 percent of the road had been completed.

Ahmed noted that the ministry has in the last 13 months been in constant talks with the company, in order to reach an amiable position on the said alignment but to no avail.

“Nigerians may wish to know that the contract for the Rehabilitation of the Abuja-Kaduna-Zaria-Kano Dual Carriageway, which was divided into three (3) Sections was awarded to the company on 20th December, 2017 and flagged off by the then Minister of Power, Works and Housing, H:E. Babatunde Raji Fashola at an initial sum of N155.7bn on 18th June, 2018.

“Sections II (Kaduna – Zaria) and III (Zaria – Kano) were partially completed and handed over during the twilight of the administration of former President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR. Since then it has been one variation and augmentation or the other and finally, the present Minister of Works directed for the redesigning and re-scoping of the Section I of the contract.

“The alignment was divided into two with one phase redesigned to be on continuously reinforced concrete pavement (CRCP), while the remaining with asphaltic pavement. Approval for the Section I, Phase 1 for a length of 38 (thirty-eight) kilometres on concrete pavement was given to Messrs Dangote Industries (Nig.) Ltd, while the remaining 127 (one hundred and twenty-seven) kilometres remained with the substantive contractor. The Phase 1 was flagged off on 17th October, 2024 with a 14-month completion period.

“Due to the stalemate of the contract and, most importantly, the desire of His Excellency, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR, as encapsulated in the Renewed Hope Agenda infrastructure initiative, to see to the completion of this laudable project, also to alleviate the sufferings of Nigerians plying the road, the Ministry re-scoped it and got the approval of the Federal Executive Council (FEC). The award for the Re-scoping and Downward Review of Contract for the Rehabilitation of Abuja-Kaduna-Zaria-Kano Dual Carriageway in FCT, Kaduna and Kano States, Contract No.6350, Section I (Abuja-Kaduna) in favour of Messrs Julius Berger (Nig.) Plc from the sum of N797.2bn to N740.7bn was granted by FEC on 23rd September, 2024 and conveyed to the company on 3rd October, 2024.

“As due to the socio-economic importance the road as a vital artery connecting Abuja, the FCT to the North, the Ministry conveyed the approval for a Final Offer on the Abuja – Kaduna Dual Carriageway to the company on 23rd October, 2024, stating that it should agree, in writing, to accept the reviewed contract sum of N740.7bn within seven (7) days or risk the termination of the said contract.”

Tags
contractFGJulius Bergerrevokes
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Trump, Harris: Who wins as Americans elect new president today?
next post Osimhen only African player in top 50 marketable athletes
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
News

Cabals of oil subsidy, exchange rate wish me dead — Tinubu

May 21, 20260
News

INEC releases Supreme Court-ordered Warri delineation report

May 21, 20260
News

Dispatch rider dies in Lagos road crash

May 20, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Education

NYSC announces date to commence 2026 Batch B Stream I orientation

May 21, 20260
Education

JAMB releases 279 previously withheld UTME results

May 21, 20260
Crime

Police officer threatens to kill anyone who films him on duty

May 21, 20260
Politics

Natasha clinches PDP ticket, strengthens grip on Kogi Central ahead of 2027

May 21, 20260
Politics

BREAKING: Allegations of mandatory N5 billion in aspirant’s bank account trails NDC governorship screening

May 21, 20260
Education

JUST IN: Tinubu appoints new JAMB Registrar

May 21, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

NYSC announces date to commence 2026 Batch B Stream I orientation

May 21, 2026

JAMB releases 279 previously withheld UTME results

May 21, 2026

Police officer threatens to kill anyone who films him on duty

May 21, 2026

Natasha clinches PDP ticket, strengthens grip on Kogi Central ahead of 2027

May 21, 2026

BREAKING: Allegations of mandatory N5 billion in aspirant’s bank account trails NDC governorship screening

May 21, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

NYSC announces date to commence 2026 Batch B Stream I orientation

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Again, Trump fined $10,000 for violating gag order

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

EFCC investigating Nigeria Air deal — Minister

February 1, 2024
3

Economic hardship: Delta protest canceled as soldiers arrest journalist

February 23, 2024
4

Teenage pregnancy on the rise in Internally Displaced Persons camps – Stakeholders cry out

November 4, 2025
5

Lagos govt to impose ₦250,000 fine, jail environmental offenders

June 4, 2025
6

Lawyers write police, protest alleged harassment in Bayelsa •Demand probe of suspect’s death in detention

January 26, 2025
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

3 murdered as Lagos masquerade festival turns violent

September 4, 2025
3

Guber election: 2.2 million registered voters collect PVCs in Edo — INEC

September 18, 2024
4

Venezuela: Son of captured President Maduro calls on deposed leader’s supporters to stage protests

January 5, 2026
5

Japa: Federal Medical Center Lagos employing retired specialists – Director

January 8, 2024
6

JUST IN: Varsity student commits suicide after losing 600k betting

January 20, 2026

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

NDA rejects 30,000 applicants, matriculates 441 cadets

November 30, 2023

By-election: Opposition kicks in Kano, APC clears Rivers assembly seats

February 22, 2026

HAPPENING NOW: PDP governors in lockdown meeting in Abuja

April 17, 2024

Music money is like drug money – Afrobeats singer Qing Madi

March 21, 2026
Top posts

Categories

  • News4551
  • Politics4101
  • Crime3901
  • International2747
  • Sports2267
  • Business & Economy2119
  • Headlines2076
  • Education1257
  • Matilda Showbiz892
  • Health800
  • Entertainment740
  • Africa465
  • Religion449
  • Environment320
  • Special262
  • Arts & Culture227
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Info Tech220
  • Interview176
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today172
  • Opinion145
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade117
  • Advert30
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Trends16
  • Local News4

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact