Skip to content
Thursday 21 May 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
Religion
Religion

Hajj fare to hit N10 million as FG stops subsidy

The FrontierThe FrontierOctober 8, 2024 2102 Minutes read0

•Pilgrims

The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has stated that the federal government will not subsidise hajj payment for pilgrims in 2025.

Government subsidy is mostly in the form of concessionary rate which allows pilgrims to access dollars at a reduced rate from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

A statement by the spokesperson of the commission, Fatima Sanda Usara, said for the 2025 Hajj, “There will be no concessionary exchange rate from the government for Hajj fare payment for pilgrims whether under state or private Hajj operators.”

This means that if the naira maintains its current rate of N1,650 to a dollar, each intending pilgrim will pay almost N10 million for hajj fare as pilgrims pay at least $6,000.

While NAHCON is yet to announce the hajj fare for the 2025 hajj, States Pilgrims Welfare Board have begun asking intending pilgrims to pay N8.5m as initial deposit pending the announcement of the hajj fare.

The statement also announced the refund of 64,682 (150 Saudi Riyal) to every Nigerian pilgrim that participated in the 2023 hajj.

The statement added that the revelations were made during an interactive meeting between NAHCON and members of Private Tour Operators in Nigeria (PTOs).

“The meeting held today, 7th October 2024 was to update members on resolutions reached after resumption of office on Wednesday, 2nd October 2024 by Acting Chairman of the Commission, Prof Abdullahi Sale Pakistan who had been absent briefly on a trip.

“NAHCON’s Commissioner of Operations, Prince Anofi Olanrewaju Elegushi, chaired the virtual meeting with the PTO’s where he relayed new developments from both Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Hajj and Umrah (MoHU) and NAHCON’s decisions resulting from the second EXCO meeting with the new head of the Commission.”

Elegushi also stated that Saudi Arabia had further reduced the number of PTO to 10 from 20 that was initially announced and each company must register a minimum of 2,000 pilgrims to be considered for Hajj visa approval.

He said for the 2022 refund, the commission is still awaiting further details but refund details have emerged only for PTOs that camped on Field Office 18 in 2022 and they are to collectively receive SR62, 602 (N26,993,224) as refund for poor feeding in the Masha’ir.

“Similarly, the Commissioner Operations informed the PTO members that the NAHCON’s EXCO has approved the option of honouring bank guarantee as payment of N40 million caution deposit for the 2025 Hajj. In view of the above, any operator who wishes to make the payment through bank guarantee but has already made a cash deposit is invited to request for collection of the earlier deposit in order to present the bank guarantee.”

He also clarified that contrary to claims that NAHCON owes PTOs N17 billion from the 2024 Hajj caution deposit of N25million, it only received N2billion, N750million from 110 companies that registered for the 2024 Hajj.

“The amount included a roll-over of N1billion, 250million from the previous year. From the amount, 30 companies requested for refunds amounting to N750m, which has been paid. The balance still in the custody of the commission accruing to undecided PTOs is N750m.”

Tags
FGHajj faresubsidy
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Nigerians to pay more for petrol as NNPC quits middleman role
next post Nigerians react as FG approves airstrip for Bishop Oyedepo’s Canaanland
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
Religion

WOWICAN calls for sincerity in governance across nation

May 16, 20260
Religion

Sharia police arrests married woman in hotel raid in Kebbi

May 15, 20260
Religion

Fire guts The Apostolic Church in Lagos

May 13, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Business & Economy

Multi-billionaire businessman Otedola to invest $100 million in Dangote refinery

May 20, 20260
News

Dispatch rider dies in Lagos road crash

May 20, 20260
News

JUST IN: Three injured as mosque collapses

May 20, 20260
Crime

Insecurity: South-West now becoming landscape of fear – Actor Lateef Adedimeji

May 20, 20260
Crime

School proprietor sentenced to life imprisonment for defiling 6-year-old pupil

May 20, 20260
Politics

Political storm sinks actor-turned-politician Desmond Elliot’s fourth-term ambition

May 20, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Multi-billionaire businessman Otedola to invest $100 million in Dangote refinery

May 20, 2026

Dispatch rider dies in Lagos road crash

May 20, 2026

JUST IN: Three injured as mosque collapses

May 20, 2026

Insecurity: South-West now becoming landscape of fear – Actor Lateef Adedimeji

May 20, 2026

School proprietor sentenced to life imprisonment for defiling 6-year-old pupil

May 20, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

Multi-billionaire businessman Otedola to invest $100 million in Dangote refinery

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Again, Trump fined $10,000 for violating gag order

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Ijaw Progressive Union cries out over alleged marginalisation

January 8, 2025
3

BREAKING: Retired police officers block Presidential Villa gate over pension scheme

April 20, 2026
4

NIN enrolment agents cry out over unpaid commissions, mounting hardship

April 9, 2026
5

PZ Cussons to exit Nigeria citing Naira depreciation

September 19, 2024
6

How socialite Aisha Achimugu shut down Grenada, Abuja for 50th birthday

March 28, 2025
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Boat accident claims 27 lives in Kwara

May 18, 2025
3

Oil & Gas workers kick against abuse of expatriate quota

December 10, 2024
4

Russia pulls citizens from Iran, suspends Tehran consulate

June 16, 2025
5

Senate amends rules to block former governors from holding principal offices in 11th National Assembly

May 6, 2026
6

Lagos to refund N223 million to 2023 Hajj pilgrims

January 25, 2025

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

International Women’s Day: Our men have failed us, let’s try women – PDP

March 8, 2024

FG must ensure safe release of over 600 kidnap victims – Amnesty International

March 9, 2024

Biden was not fit to run for president – Donald Trump

July 22, 2024

Petitions: PDP Disciplinary Committee invites ex-Governor Ortom, Anyanwu, others

February 6, 2025
Top posts

Categories

  • News4549
  • Politics4094
  • Crime3898
  • International2744
  • Sports2266
  • Business & Economy2119
  • Headlines2076
  • Education1254
  • Matilda Showbiz892
  • Health800
  • Entertainment739
  • Africa465
  • Religion449
  • Environment320
  • Special262
  • Arts & Culture227
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Info Tech220
  • Interview176
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today172
  • Opinion145
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade117
  • Advert30
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Trends16
  • Local News4

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact