Skip to content
Wednesday 20 May 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
Crime
Crime

Inspector-General of Police bans parade of suspects

The FrontierThe FrontierMarch 11, 2025 2401 Minutes read0

•IGP Kayode Egbetokun

The Inspector-General of Police, Kayode Egbetokun, today ordered ban on parading of suspected criminals before the media by police operatives across the country.

Egbetokun explained that the decision was taken in order to uphold the fundamental human rights of every citizen and adhere to global best practices in policing, reports Daily Trust.

The top cop, who spoke through the Force spokesman, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, stressed that the standing directive prohibiting the public parade of criminal suspects before formal charges are filed in a court of law remains.

He said this directive had previously communicated to all commands and zones within the Police Force, adding that it is part of the efforts to modernise policing in the country.

Adejobi, an Assistant Commissioner of Police, said, “The directive reflects dedication to respecting the fundamental rights of all individuals, including those suspected of criminal activity.

“The IGP emphasised that this policy is aligned with international human rights standards, which prioritize the protection and preservation of the dignity and rights of individuals throughout the judicial process.”

He, however, warned the senior police officers manning commands and formations to abide by the directive as ordered.

“The Nigeria Police Force is committed to operating within the bounds of the law and promoting a culture of respect for human rights among its personnel.

“The IGP seeks the understanding and cooperation of the public, particularly members of the media, in adhering to this directive.

“Responsible reporting and adherence to ethical journalistic practices are vital in maintaining public trust and ensuring a fair and impartial justice system that respects the rights and dignity of all individuals.”

Tags
bansInspector General of Policeparadesuspects
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Tinubu appoints new NABTEB registrar, UBEC board chairman
next post Football legend Maradona’s medical team on trial for negligence 4 years after his death
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
Crime

Insecurity: South-West now becoming landscape of fear – Actor Lateef Adedimeji

May 20, 20260
Crime

School proprietor sentenced to life imprisonment for defiling 6-year-old pupil

May 20, 20260
Crime

TRAGEDY: Police officer due for retirement killed in rival thugs clash

May 20, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Business & Economy

Multi-billionaire businessman Otedola to invest $100 million in Dangote refinery

May 20, 20260
News

Dispatch rider dies in Lagos road crash

May 20, 20260
News

JUST IN: Three injured as mosque collapses

May 20, 20260
Crime

Insecurity: South-West now becoming landscape of fear – Actor Lateef Adedimeji

May 20, 20260
Crime

School proprietor sentenced to life imprisonment for defiling 6-year-old pupil

May 20, 20260
Politics

Political storm sinks actor-turned-politician Desmond Elliot’s fourth-term ambition

May 20, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Multi-billionaire businessman Otedola to invest $100 million in Dangote refinery

May 20, 2026

Dispatch rider dies in Lagos road crash

May 20, 2026

JUST IN: Three injured as mosque collapses

May 20, 2026

Insecurity: South-West now becoming landscape of fear – Actor Lateef Adedimeji

May 20, 2026

School proprietor sentenced to life imprisonment for defiling 6-year-old pupil

May 20, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

Multi-billionaire businessman Otedola to invest $100 million in Dangote refinery

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Again, Trump fined $10,000 for violating gag order

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Alleged security breach: NSA Ribadu confirmed conversation referenced by embattled former Governor El-Rufai was authentic – Witness

May 19, 2026
3

Wizkid, Davido, Olamide perform as Detty December begins in Lagos

December 17, 2025
4

‘Tinubu will fall in 2027’ – Aregbesola, Atiku meet in Osun

May 24, 2025
5

Defection: PDP declares Ibori daughter’s Rep seat vacant

December 6, 2024
6

PDP crisis: 3,000 delegates set for high-stakes convention

November 10, 2025
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Lafia residents in fear as kidnappers storm homes, demand millions of naira

July 25, 2025
3

Former Super Falcons coach Waldrum questions Nigeria Football Federation over use of $960,000 FIFA World Cup grant

November 29, 2025
4

Relieve Nigerians of effects of economic crisis – Muslim youths tell govt

March 22, 2024
5

Final US election results: Trump wins Arizona, secures 312 electoral votes •FULL RESULTS

November 11, 2024
6

Gunmen kidnap journalist’s relations, demand N50 million ransom

November 23, 2024

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Super Falcon striker, Asisat Oshoala visits Tinubus in Lagos

December 28, 2023

FG appoints Nwabueze as first tax Ombudsman

November 5, 2025

Customs promote over 3,000 senior officers, appoint 4 DCGs, 12 ACGs

September 3, 2025

Terrorism and General Musa’s strategy, By Erasmus Ikhide

November 1, 2024
Top posts

Categories

  • News4549
  • Politics4094
  • Crime3898
  • International2744
  • Sports2266
  • Business & Economy2119
  • Headlines2076
  • Education1254
  • Matilda Showbiz892
  • Health800
  • Entertainment739
  • Africa465
  • Religion449
  • Environment320
  • Special262
  • Arts & Culture227
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Info Tech220
  • Interview176
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today172
  • Opinion145
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade117
  • Advert30
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Trends16
  • Local News4

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact