Skip to content
Friday 22 May 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
International
International

Israel gives condition for ceasefire, death toll hits 11,000

The FrontierThe FrontierNovember 6, 2023 4232 Minutes read0

•Israeli Defence Minister Yoav Gallant

The health ministry in the Hamas-run Gaza Strip said Sunday that at least 9,770 people had been killed in the Palestinian territory since the war with Israel erupted last month.

The ministry said at least 4,800 children were among those killed since Israel began striking the Gaza Strip in retaliation to the October 7 attacks carried out by Hamas militants in southern Israel, which Israeli officials said killed over 1,400, most of them civilians, reports AFP.

The latest information brings the death toll on both sides to 11,187.

Meanwhile, Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu yesterday gave a condition for a ceasefire.

Israel won’t agree to any ceasefire activity in the Gaza war without the return of the hostages, Netanyahu said during a visit to the Ramon Air Force base in southern Israel, as he explained that he was delivering this message both to the country’s allies and enemies.

“I also want you to know that there is one thing that we will not do – there will be no ceasefire without the return of the captives,” Netanyahu told the pilots according to The Jerusalem Post. “The very idea of doing that has to be removed from the conversation,” he added.

“We (are saying) this to both our enemies and our friends. We will continue (the battle) until we have defeated them (our enemy). We have no alternative. I think today everyone understands that “The Jerusalem Post quoted him as saying.

Also, Pope Francis said yesterday that he “begs” in God’s name for a ceasefire in the Israeli-Hamas war.

“I continue to think about the serious situation in Palestine and in Israel where many, many people have lost their lives. In God’s name, I beg you to stop; cease using weapons!” the pope said on X, formerly Twitter, via @Pontifex.

“I hope that avenues will be pursued so that an escalation of the conflict might be absolutely avoided,” Francis said, adding “Let the hostages be freed immediately. Let’s think of the children, of all the children affected by this war, as well as in Ukraine and by other conflicts: this is how their future is being killed. Let us pray that there might be the strength to say, ‘enough.’

More than 300 Americans, United States residents and their families have been evacuated from the Gaza Strip, the White House said yesterday.

The evacuation, carried out in recent days, was the result of “pretty intensive negotiations with all sides relevant to this conflict,” White House Deputy National Security Advisor Jonathan Finer told CBS News.

Despite these efforts, the US believes there are still “a number” of Americans inside Gaza, he added.

“This is obviously a major priority and one that we’re going to continue to work out until every American who wants to leave is able to do so,” Finer said.

The Rafah border crossing from Gaza to Egypt opened up Wednesday after weeks of war, allowing a trickle of wounded Palestinians and people with dual nationality to leave, all desperate to escape Israel’s bombardment.

Egypt has said it would help evacuate 7,000 foreigners through the crossing, but Hamas said late Saturday that the evacuation of dual nationals and foreigners was being suspended until Israel lets some wounded Palestinians reach Rafah so they can cross the border for hospital treatment.

Tags
ceasefireconditiongivesIsrael
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Tiny Czech club breaks record with 16 players booked at once
next post Workers, pensioners to get N25,000, N15,000 for six months — Gov Makinde
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
International

Right to strike: Organised Labour hails International Court of Justice ruling as a triumph for freedom, justice

May 22, 20260
International

TRAGEDY: Woman swept away as floods paralyse New York City •VIDEO

May 21, 20260
International

Australian court upholds $465,000 fine against Elon Musk’s X

May 21, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Crime

Court sentences man to death for killing 62-year-old woman

May 22, 20260
Politics

Deputy Speaker, 15 other Assembly lawmakers fail to secure APC return tickets in Niger

May 22, 20260
International

Right to strike: Organised Labour hails International Court of Justice ruling as a triumph for freedom, justice

May 22, 20260
Politics

Don’t burn political bridges over primary losses – Lawmaker warns politicians

May 22, 20260
Politics

2027: Former Governor Amaechi’s presidential campaign posters flood Katsina

May 22, 20260
Politics

INEC to review court ruling on 2027 election timetable

May 22, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Court sentences man to death for killing 62-year-old woman

May 22, 2026

Deputy Speaker, 15 other Assembly lawmakers fail to secure APC return tickets in Niger

May 22, 2026

Right to strike: Organised Labour hails International Court of Justice ruling as a triumph for freedom, justice

May 22, 2026

Don’t burn political bridges over primary losses – Lawmaker warns politicians

May 22, 2026

2027: Former Governor Amaechi’s presidential campaign posters flood Katsina

May 22, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

Court sentences man to death for killing 62-year-old woman

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Again, Trump fined $10,000 for violating gag order

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Obasanjo visits Iwuanyanwu in Owerri, discusses ‘issues of mutual interests’

January 5, 2024
3

Singer Timi Dakolo, Apostle Lazarus at war over $150 ministry fee •Fans react

March 24, 2025
4

How Lagos building collapse, Fulani herdsmen wiped out my family – Bizman

November 8, 2025
5

I belong to a different NNPP – Kano senator dismisses suspension order

February 24, 2025
6

Appeal Court throws out judgment faulting Edo PDP’s governorship Primary

August 26, 2024
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Joseph Boakai sworn in as Liberian President

January 22, 2024
3

Protesters in Delta barricade Police Area Command over attacks by Fulani herdsmen

February 4, 2025
4

Iran war: We’ll continue with all our Force, says Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu

March 8, 2026
5

BREAKING: Retirement age for Nigerian doctors, healthcare workers now 65 years

February 5, 2025
6

Mobile phones technicians want phones registered at point of purchase

April 2, 2025

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Drama in Senate as Senators cry out over lack of funds for committees

January 30, 2026

Will you shut up: Senator Nwaebonyi threatens to report ex-Minister Ezekwesili to Igbo leaders

April 1, 2025

Appeal Court affirms order proscribing IPOB as terrorist group

January 30, 2025

Bwala can only be a political liability to Tinubu – Senator Ndume slams Atiku’s ex-aide

July 27, 2024
Top posts

Categories

  • News4557
  • Politics4123
  • Crime3907
  • International2749
  • Sports2272
  • Business & Economy2121
  • Headlines2076
  • Education1262
  • Matilda Showbiz892
  • Health803
  • Entertainment740
  • Africa468
  • Religion450
  • Environment320
  • Special262
  • Arts & Culture227
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Info Tech220
  • Interview176
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today172
  • Opinion145
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade117
  • Advert30
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Trends16
  • Local News4

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact