•Tinubu and Shettima
The National Democratic Coalition (NADECO), USA, has demanded the immediate resignation of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, whose mandate was affirmed yesterday by the Supreme Court, which dismissed the appeals lodged by the two runners-up of the February 25, 2023 election – Alhaji Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Mr. Peter Obi of the Labour Party (LP).
NADECO USA in a statement issued to coincide with the Supreme Court judgement also demanded the immediate resignation of Vice President Kashim Shettima, Senate President Godswill Akbabio and his Deputy, Jibrin Barau, as well as Chairman of the Independent national Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Mahmoud Yakubu, reports News Express.
NADECO USA in the statement signed by its Executive Director, Lloyd Ukwu, and Publicity Secretary, Comrade David Adenekan, called for the swearing-in of Speaker of the House of Representatives, Benjamin Kalu, as Interim President.
The statement listed the following demands:
1. Tinubu and his VP must go
2. The Senate President and his Deputy must go
3. INEC Chairman must go
4. The Speaker of the House should act as the Interim President
5. The election results must be recounted and audited with the help of forensic experts and aided by the Diaspora, NBA, Civil Society organization
6. The new audited results should be announced within 30 days.