Skip to content
Thursday 21 May 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
News
News

Kidnappings: There’ll be no ransom payments – Tinubu insists

The FrontierThe FrontierMarch 13, 2024 3462 Minutes read0

•Tinubu

President Bola Tinubu has instructed security agencies in the country to ensure the safe return of all kidnap victims in different parts of the country, just as he tasked them to ensure no ransom is paid to achieve this.

Minister of Information and National Orientation, Alhaji Mohammed Idris, disclosed this while addressing journalists at the State House, Abuja, after the week’s Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting, which was presided over by President Tinubu.

President Tinubu had earlier reacted to many incidences of abduction, which were reported in Borno and Kaduna states, given instructions to security and intelligence agencies on ensuring the immediate release of the victims, even as he assured families of the victims of speedy action on the release of their loved ones.

However, the incidences of kidnapping, especially in the Northwest axis of the country, spiked in the last few days, with cases of ransom demands also shooting upwards, reports The Nation.

A band of kidnappers, which kidnapped a total of 16 persons from the Gonin-Gora area of Kaduna metropolis, Kaduna State, had demanded N40 trillion, eleven Hilux Toyota bans and 150 motorcycles for the release of their victims.

Also, bandits in Sokoto State kidnapped 15 Qur’anic students, and recently established contact with the families, demanding a sum of N20 million as ransom before they would be released.

Again, about 61 locals were reportedly abducted by bandits in Buda community, Kajuru Local Government Area of Kaduna State on Monday.

However, relaying the president’s instruction to security agencies during the FEC meeting, Alhaji Idris said Tinubu was emphatic about his no-ransom-payment position, though he had told them to ensure all victims were rescued, without any excuse.

He said: “You’re also asking about the apparent surge in this kidnapping across the country. Now it is true that some of these are happening, we have seen what has happened in Kaduna, in Borno, and then in Sokoto.

“Of course, the government is watching that very closely and not just watching, but also ensuring that security agencies are taking proactive steps to ensure that this is halted significantly.

“Now, like I said, Mr. President has said that is an unacceptable situation and the government will not condone abductions or kidnappings or any kind of criminality in that direction.

“We’re seeing this happening and the government is taking very proactive steps, first to mitigate that, and also to stop the spread of this apparently.

“We are seeing that the more the security agencies are also hitting these targets or criminals, the more they are pushed to also getting some soft targets. But the government is not taking any excuses.

“The president has directed that security agencies must, as a matter of urgency, ensure that these children and all those who have been kidnapped are brought back in safety and also in the process to ensure that not a dime is paid for ransom.

“So it’s important to underscore that no dime, government is not paying anybody any dime and the government is optimistic that these children and other people that have been abducted will be brought back to their families in safety.”

Tags
KidnappingspaymentsransomTinubu
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Budget padding: Senate still owes Nigerians some answers – Peter Obi
next post Pensioners threaten protest as FG withholds wage awards
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
News

INEC releases Supreme Court-ordered Warri delineation report

May 21, 20260
News

Dispatch rider dies in Lagos road crash

May 20, 20260
News

JUST IN: Three injured as mosque collapses

May 20, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Crime

COUP TRIAL: Accused Army Colonel rejects military court

May 21, 20260
Crime

Daredevil gunmen kidnap Research Institute workers

May 21, 20260
News

INEC releases Supreme Court-ordered Warri delineation report

May 21, 20260
International

Nigerian, 8 other deportees from US arrive Sierra Leone

May 21, 20260
Politics

Lagos APC primaries: Aspirants petition Tinubu over alleged irregularities, seek review

May 21, 20260
Politics

39 aspirants to contest ADC primary in Edo

May 21, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

COUP TRIAL: Accused Army Colonel rejects military court

May 21, 2026

Daredevil gunmen kidnap Research Institute workers

May 21, 2026

INEC releases Supreme Court-ordered Warri delineation report

May 21, 2026

Nigerian, 8 other deportees from US arrive Sierra Leone

May 21, 2026

Lagos APC primaries: Aspirants petition Tinubu over alleged irregularities, seek review

May 21, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

COUP TRIAL: Accused Army Colonel rejects military court

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Again, Trump fined $10,000 for violating gag order

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Peter Obi’s heart was never in ADC, says former SGF Babachir Lawal

May 6, 2026
3

Nationwide protest: We’re disappointed in your broadcast – Southwest PDP slams Tinubu

August 4, 2024
4

Insecurity: Senate demands military base in Kwara South

October 8, 2025
5

Fully loaded container crushes car, kills woman in Lagos

April 12, 2024
6

JUST IN: Police throw embattled crossdresser Bobrisky behind bars at Alagbon all night

October 22, 2024
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Petrol price may rise nationwide if… – Dangote Refinery warns

January 6, 2026
3

Unity Bank, staff union set for battle over termination of appointments

January 8, 2026
4

Obidient Movement blasts Tinubu over ‘opposition in disarray’ comment

June 14, 2025
5

Full text of Tinubu’s Independence Day broadcast

October 1, 2025
6

Electricity subsidy payment: Federal govt to share cost with states, councils

February 3, 2026

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Benin dukes back Governor Obaseki’s ban on cultism, youth leader

June 21, 2024

Yet another Fulani herdsmen attack: One injured, 62 houses burnt in Taraba communities

June 21, 2025

Poly suspends lecturer for assaulting student

March 14, 2025

BREAKING: 53 suspects arrested over Benue, Plateau killings – IGP

June 24, 2025
Top posts

Categories

  • News4550
  • Politics4098
  • Crime3900
  • International2746
  • Sports2267
  • Business & Economy2119
  • Headlines2076
  • Education1254
  • Matilda Showbiz892
  • Health800
  • Entertainment739
  • Africa465
  • Religion449
  • Environment320
  • Special262
  • Arts & Culture227
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Info Tech220
  • Interview176
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today172
  • Opinion145
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade117
  • Advert30
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Trends16
  • Local News4

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact