Skip to content
Thursday 21 May 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
Crime
Crime

News Express Publisher writes Haleems Founder, demands N1 billion for defamation, unjust disruption of business operations

The FrontierThe FrontierJanuary 13, 2026 934 Minutes read0

•Isaac Umunna and Halimat Tejuosho

News Express Publisher, Mr. Isaac Umunna, has written to the Founder of Haleems Integrated Services Limited, Dr. Halimat Adenike Tejuosho, demanding a written apology and a billion naira for alleged defamation and unjust disruption of business operations.

In a demand letter dated December 30, 2025 and a made available to The Frontier, Umunna, through his lawyers, Adewale & Adewale LP, accused Dr. Tejuosho of lying to News Express’ domain name registrant, HostAfrica, as a result of which the newspaper’s domain name was suspended on September 1, 2025, thus unjustly disrupting the paper’s operations for several hours.

According to Umunna’s lawyers, “In the evening hours of Monday, September 1, 2025, our client’s website, https://newsexpressngr.com, suddenly vanished from the Internet. Frantic efforts to access it failed, as it no longer existed. Our client’s Webmaster, Mr. Afam Nnaji of the Lagos-based Just Web Services, eventually reached the domain name registrant, HostAfrica, a South Africa-based domain name registration company, which sent an e-mail disclosing that our client’s domain name, https://newsexpressngr.com, had been suspended based on a petition from you, claiming that our client published a false story about you and that when our client was approached, he insisted on collecting money before pulling down the story.”

Accusing Dr. Tejuosho of defamation of character, Adewale & Adewale LP said: “However, contrary to your claims, our client never received any complaint about the referenced story through any means whatsoever. He could not, therefore, have entered into discussions with you, let alone demanding payment as a condition to remove the said story.

“By falsely claiming that our client ‘refused to take down the publication and have instead attempted to solicit money in exchange for removal’, you created the impression that our client is a disreputable journalist who fabricates stories about people and demands payment to remove them.”

The Lagos-based law firm in the letter signed by its Managing Partner, Timothy Adewale, said that, contrary to Dr. Tejuosho’s claims, the facts show as follows:

“That our client is a reputable and award-winning international journalist who has never been associated with any scandal in his 39 years of practice.

“Due to his competence and professional integrity, our client rose to occupy top positions in important local and international newspapers and magazines. These include serving, at various times, as Deputy Editor and Acting Editor of The Week Magazine Chief Operating Officer of M2 Weekly Magazine; Editor of The Moment on Sunday Newspaper; Managing Editor of City Mail Newspaper; and General Editor of the London-based Africa Today Magazine.

“Throughout his long and unblemished journalism career, our client has neither been queried nor sacked by any of his employers.

“Our client brought this professional integrity to News Express, which explains why the paper has not faced even a single lawsuit in its over 13 years of operations.

“Untainted by any hint of scandal, our client has been widely celebrated both locally and internationally as a distinguished professional journalist.

“In 1996 he was nominated Print Journalist of the Year in Nigeria and given a Certificate of Commendation by the Board of Trustees of the Nigerian Media Merit Award (NMMA), on September 26, 1996.

“He was recognised as “a leading Nigerian political journalist” by The International Herald Tribune newspaper of Paris, France, on May 25, 2005.

“Two months later, on July 4 in London, our Client won the “Best Published Feature” category of the prestigious Diageo Africa Business Reporting Award, which is open to journalists all over the world.

“On February 21, 2006, our client was honoured in South Africa with a Merit Award in the Technology Policy & Investment Category of the Siemens Profile Awards for Journalism Excellence in Science and Technology Reporting in Africa.

“Due to his professionalism and good reputation, our client was in August 2010 appointed Special Assistant on Media to Prof. Dora Akunyili, who at the time was Nigeria’s Minister of Information and Communications. This made him a Deputy Director on Grade Level 16 Step 4 in the Ministry. He served so meritoriously in that position that he was retained by Prof Akunyili as Media Aide after her resignation as Minister on December 15, 2010. He served in that position until Prof Akunyili’s death on June 7, 2014.”

The law firm told Dr. Tejuosho that, “As a result of the defamatory words published by you in your mail to Host Africa, our client has suffered humiliation and grievous emotional and psychological distress and damage.

“What is more, by unjustly disrupting our client’s business operations, he has suffered untold financial losses and you have caused him to breach his contracts with numerous local and international advertising clients, among them; the Central Bank of Nigeria, First Bank of Nigeria, Konga (Nigeria), Adipolo of New York, USA, and Kolorowey of New Delhi, India.”

In the light of the aforementioned facts, Umunna’s lawyers demanded the following from Dr. Tejuosho:

“A written apology for, and retraction of, the false and malicious allegations made by you against our client in the aforesaid message to Host Africa.

“A letter to Host Africa informing them that your allegations against our client are false.

“A bank certified cheque in the sum of One Billion Naira (N1bn) issued in favour of our client being damages for the defamation of his character and unjust disruption of the business of our client.”

The letter gave the Haleems Integrated Services Limited Founder 14 days to meet the demands or prepare for a legal battle.

 

Tags
business operationsdefamationHaleems FounderN1 billionNews Express Publisher
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Trump says nations doing business with Iran face 25% tariff on US trade
next post We’re still where we were when Tinubu became president — Bishop Kukah, says he has never denied Christian persecution in Nigeria
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
Crime

Insecurity: South-West now becoming landscape of fear – Actor Lateef Adedimeji

May 20, 20260
Crime

School proprietor sentenced to life imprisonment for defiling 6-year-old pupil

May 20, 20260
Crime

TRAGEDY: Police officer due for retirement killed in rival thugs clash

May 20, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Business & Economy

Multi-billionaire businessman Otedola to invest $100 million in Dangote refinery

May 20, 20260
News

Dispatch rider dies in Lagos road crash

May 20, 20260
News

JUST IN: Three injured as mosque collapses

May 20, 20260
Crime

Insecurity: South-West now becoming landscape of fear – Actor Lateef Adedimeji

May 20, 20260
Crime

School proprietor sentenced to life imprisonment for defiling 6-year-old pupil

May 20, 20260
Politics

Political storm sinks actor-turned-politician Desmond Elliot’s fourth-term ambition

May 20, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Multi-billionaire businessman Otedola to invest $100 million in Dangote refinery

May 20, 2026

Dispatch rider dies in Lagos road crash

May 20, 2026

JUST IN: Three injured as mosque collapses

May 20, 2026

Insecurity: South-West now becoming landscape of fear – Actor Lateef Adedimeji

May 20, 2026

School proprietor sentenced to life imprisonment for defiling 6-year-old pupil

May 20, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

Multi-billionaire businessman Otedola to invest $100 million in Dangote refinery

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Again, Trump fined $10,000 for violating gag order

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Trump, Harris’ running mates face off in vice presidential debate tomorrow

September 30, 2024
3

Lagos govt announces date for entrance exams into model colleges, JSS schools

May 27, 2025
4

Nigeria is a failing state – Former INEC Chairman Jega calls for restructuring before 2027

December 17, 2023
5

Nestle chairman steps down after CEO’s firing

September 16, 2025
6

UN climate chief seeks action on COP29 pledges

September 30, 2025
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Transparency Watch Initiative ranks two agencies among Nigeria’s best performing public institutions

May 16, 2026
3

Dyche believes in Everton’s survival bid after Bournemouth blow

March 31, 2024
4

Autonomy battle: LGs demand direct funds as states receive N7.43trillion

December 23, 2025
5

Nigeria’s boxing legend Obisia Nwankpa is dead

June 5, 2025
6

Chevron Nigeria announces 97% cut in gas flaring to mark World Environment Day

June 5, 2025

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

PDP spits fire as newly sworn-in Governor Okpebholo kicks off with sack of workers in Edo

November 14, 2024

Agency alerts Nigerians to rising meningitis risk as dry season peaks

March 6, 2026

Controversial Islamic cleric Gumi warns govt against provoking bandits amid peace talks

September 15, 2025

LG autonomy: Labour Party urges Tinubu to sign Executive Order now

December 27, 2025
Top posts

Categories

  • News4549
  • Politics4094
  • Crime3898
  • International2744
  • Sports2266
  • Business & Economy2119
  • Headlines2076
  • Education1254
  • Matilda Showbiz892
  • Health800
  • Entertainment739
  • Africa465
  • Religion449
  • Environment320
  • Special262
  • Arts & Culture227
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Info Tech220
  • Interview176
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today172
  • Opinion145
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade117
  • Advert30
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Trends16
  • Local News4

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact