Skip to content
Sunday 23 August 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
Education
Education

Panic as school building collapses in Lagos •Governor orders probe

The FrontierThe FrontierJanuary 16, 2026 2791 Minutes read0

•The collapsed school building

There was panic among residents of the Odo-Kekere Community in the Ikorodu area of Lagos State following a building in a local public school.

The incident, which occurred yesterday evening after school hours, sent fear into residents in nearby buildings who were jolted by a thunderous sound, reports Channels TV.

Lagos State government, Special Committee on Rehabilitation of Public Schools (SCRPS), while confirming the collapse, said the affected building was a classroom block in a bungalow.

It, however, stated that “no casualty was recorded at the building collapse”.

“All of our students are in perfect condition. The state government regrets the unfortunate incident,” it revealed in a statement today.

Gov Orders Probe

The agency said that classified information reveals that the classroom block had already been marked for demolition to construct a befitting classroom.

It also disclosed that the Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has ordered the immediate relocation of the pupils to nearby schools.

“However, a classified information from the SCRPS office reveals that the classroom block had already been marked for demolition in order to construct a befitting classroom edifice that will accommodate the huge population of students in the school.

“The Lagos State governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has also ordered immediate relocation of the pupils to nearby schools, so as not to disrupt their academic activities.

“A team of the officials of SCRPS will be visiting the school today to have an on-the-spot assessment of the incident in order to enable the government to work out modalities to begin immediate construction of an ultra-modern classroom block that will accommodate the huge population in the school,” it added.

Tags
GovernorLagospanicprobeschool building
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Love dispute: 2 Nigerians beat friend to death in India
next post Man City agree deal to sign Guehi
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
Education

BREAKING: How to access just released 2026 WAEC certificate online •Step-by-step procedure

August 21, 20260
Education

Nigerian students give varsity 7-day ultimatum over Law programme crisis

August 20, 20260
Education

Parents groan as fee increase crisis hits private schools

August 20, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Headlines

JUST IN: ‘Fake agency’ boss fights back with appointment letter by FG

August 23, 20260
Health

Why Nigerians should stop cutting vegetables in markets — Nutritionists

August 23, 20260
Sports

La Liga: Mourinho begins Real Madrid reign with last-minute win

August 23, 20260
News

Travellers stranded as traffic jam returns to Abuja-Kaduna highway

August 23, 20260
Politics

Tinubu Campaign Council a rehab centre for corruption suspects, says ADC

August 23, 20260
Business & Economy

Tinubu’s N15.8 trillion reform gains yet to reach Nigerians — Analysts insist

August 23, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

JUST IN: ‘Fake agency’ boss fights back with appointment letter by FG

August 23, 2026

Why Nigerians should stop cutting vegetables in markets — Nutritionists

August 23, 2026

La Liga: Mourinho begins Real Madrid reign with last-minute win

August 23, 2026

Travellers stranded as traffic jam returns to Abuja-Kaduna highway

August 23, 2026

Tinubu Campaign Council a rehab centre for corruption suspects, says ADC

August 23, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

JUST IN: ‘Fake agency’ boss fights back with appointment letter by FG

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Trump tells Cuba to make a deal before it is too late

January 12, 2026
3

Flooded Abuja mansions raise questions over green areas

August 18, 2026
4

UNVEILED: How US commandos rescued downed warplane crew member inside Iran

April 6, 2026
5

Prostate cancer: 5 early symptoms men shouldn’t ignore

September 14, 2025
6

JUST IN: INEC reportedly rejects candidates list submitted by ADC factional leader, Nafi’u Bala

July 1, 2026
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Euro 2024 quarter-final fixtures •Full List

July 3, 2024
3

Alleged cybercrime: EFCC calls first witness as foreign nationals opt for plea bargain

February 8, 2025
4

Gender balancing: Adamawa inaugurates 21 male council chairmen, 21 female vice chairpersons

July 15, 2024
5

REVEALED: How boxing champion, Anthony Joshua narrowly escaped death in the auto crash – Driver

January 3, 2026
6

Insurgency: Cleric faults nation’s security architecture, wants effective engagement with monarchs

January 1, 2025

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

EXPOSED: How firms inflate operating expenses, loan repayment to evade taxes – Ex-ICPC chairman

March 28, 2025

2,659 youth corps members jostle for NNPC foundation opportunities

June 28, 2024

Plane crashes in US residential area, setting properties on fire

May 22, 2025

2026 World Cup: FIFA changes pre-match lineup format

June 5, 2026
Top posts

Categories

  • News4929
  • Politics4593
  • Crime4411
  • International3044
  • Sports2462
  • Business & Economy2274
  • Headlines2224
  • Education1369
  • Matilda Showbiz991
  • Health879
  • Entertainment813
  • Africa578
  • Religion483
  • Environment367
  • Special277
  • Info Tech245
  • Arts & Culture240
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today204
  • Interview186
  • Opinion153
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade130
  • World Cup 202695
  • Advert34
  • Trends23
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Local News5

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact