Skip to content
Wednesday 19 August 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
International
International

Prince Harry arrives in UK amid security dispute

The FrontierThe FrontierJuly 7, 2026 723 Minutes read0

•Britain’s Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Prince Harry, his wife Meghan, and their baby son Archie 

Prince Harry arrived in Britain on Monday for a five-day visit expected to go ahead mostly without his wife and children after they were reportedly refused police protection.

Harry’s visit has been hit by several snags as plans for his family to accompany him fell through, his accommodation at Buckingham Palace was in disarray, and a judgment in his latest legal battle against British tabloids loomed.

The visit, to mark the one-year countdown to next year’s Invictus Games for wounded veterans, which Harry founded, was meant to be his first family trip back to the UK in four years, reports AFP

But a source close to the Duke of Sussex told our correspondent at the weekend that Harry’s wife Meghan, son Archie and daughter Lilibet would not accompany him on the London leg of the trip after the family was refused security.

Arrangements for the rest of the trip were still under consideration, the source said, leaving it unclear whether the whole family would visit but stay outside the capital.

Contradictory statements about plans to stay at Buckingham Palace while in London also added to the prince’s headaches.

Just ahead of Harry’s expected arrival yesterday, Buckingham Palace contradicted the Duke of Sussex’s team to say that he would not be staying at the palace after missing a deadline to accept the accommodation offer.

Harry’s spokesman said it was “disappointing” the offer to be hosted by his father King Charles III had been “withdrawn at the last moment,” in a statement.

It was unclear whether the prince would meet his father during this week’s trip.

He is last understood to have met the king, who is being treated for an undisclosed form of cancer, at the monarch’s London residence, Clarence House, in September 2025.

Harry and Meghan left Britain for North America in 2020 and stepped back from royal duties amid a bitter feud with his family, which worsened as Harry published his tell-all memoir “Spare” and was embroiled in legal battles in the UK.

The prince has since said he wishes to reconcile with his father, but relations appeared frosty on the eve of the visit.

Lawsuit Ruling Expected

Harry’s trip also looks set to coincide with the delivery of a judgment, expected today, in a case against Associated Newspapers, owner of the Daily Mail, over alleged unlawful information gathering.

The High Court trial earlier this year saw Harry give an emotional testimony as the prince, pop star Elton John, actor Elizabeth Hurley and other public figures accused the tabloid publisher of invading their privacy.

It was the third, and set to be final, case brought by the Duke of Sussex in his acrimonious legal battle with the British press, which has further strained relations with the royals.

The prince has also been involved in other legal spats, including over his police protection in the UK.

Last year, Harry said he felt unable to bring his family to the UK after losing a court case to have his security restored during visits home.

“It’s impossible for me to take my family back to the UK safely,” he said then.

According to his spokesperson, Harry had to make “alternative security arrangements” for the trip after publicly funded protection was refused, contributing to the delay in accepting Buckingham Palace’s accommodation offer.

“It is therefore unclear why, having formally accepted the accommodation offer, it has now been withdrawn at the last moment,” the spokesman said.

Beyond logistical complications, the palace believed the legal judgement expected Tuesday had complicated matters as it could compromise the king’s constitutional position, the PA news agency reported.

Tags
Prince Harrysecurity disputeUK
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post [BREAKING] ‘Fake’ FG Agency: Police arrest Adeyemi’s father amid ongoing forgery probe
next post Spain end Ronaldo’s World Cup dream, reach quarter-finals
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
International

JUST IN: US lawmaker rejects lifting Nigeria’s ‘Country of Particular Concern’ status after Plateau attack

August 18, 20260
International

Student killed in live-streamed school shooting in Philippine

August 18, 20260
International

Backlash after Thailand frees 85-year-old drug trafficker

August 18, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
News

National Assembly overwhelmed by 14,000 workforce — Clerk

August 19, 20260
Politics

Tinubu’s absence shows Peace Accord not a serious affair, says activist Sowore

August 19, 20260
Arts & Culture

BREAKING: Lagos govt declares tomorrow work-free to mark 2026 ISESE DAY

August 19, 20260
Crime

10 suspected human parts merchants in Police net

August 19, 20260
Politics

Election campaigns for 2027 presidential race kick off today

August 19, 20260
Entertainment

Willie Workman’s film ‘Through Her Lense’ nominated for Directors Guild of Nigeria Awards 2026

August 19, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

National Assembly overwhelmed by 14,000 workforce — Clerk

August 19, 2026

Tinubu’s absence shows Peace Accord not a serious affair, says activist Sowore

August 19, 2026

BREAKING: Lagos govt declares tomorrow work-free to mark 2026 ISESE DAY

August 19, 2026

10 suspected human parts merchants in Police net

August 19, 2026

Election campaigns for 2027 presidential race kick off today

August 19, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

National Assembly overwhelmed by 14,000 workforce — Clerk

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

NLC threatens shutdown, demands reversal of telecom tariff increase

February 12, 2025
3

Doris Ogah crowned Miss Nigeria 2024

December 21, 2024
4

UK teen who planned school massacre jailed for life

March 19, 2025
5

Dismissed Immigration officer nabbed attempting to sell guns to bandits in Abuja

March 5, 2025
6

Youth empowerment: Edo-Benin Consciousness holds zoom webinar series

January 27, 2025
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Fans attack Nollywood diva Toyin Abraham over support for Tinubu

February 24, 2024
3

We are prepared for job losses on recapitalisation – Bank workers president

April 16, 2024
4

NYSC top officer, driver missing on Onitsha-Owerri highway

August 8, 2024
5

Alaafin of Oyo raises alarm over insecurity in South-West, Kogi, Kwara; demands intensified action

April 19, 2026
6

Outrage over suspension of cleric who criticised Tinubu

March 5, 2026

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

PDP needs Christian presidential candidate from South to avoid APC’s mistake — Governor Bala Mohammed

August 29, 2025

Why I don’t want my children to pursue music – Afrobeats star Davido

July 31, 2026

2027: Southwest leads 1.3 million voter pre-registration as Southeast records lowest

August 25, 2025

Years after, schools hit by kidnappings remain closed

April 20, 2024
Top posts

Categories

  • News4914
  • Politics4563
  • Crime4405
  • International3030
  • Sports2448
  • Business & Economy2266
  • Headlines2215
  • Education1363
  • Matilda Showbiz983
  • Health875
  • Entertainment809
  • Africa571
  • Religion483
  • Environment364
  • Special277
  • Info Tech245
  • Arts & Culture239
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today202
  • Interview185
  • Opinion153
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade130
  • World Cup 202695
  • Advert34
  • Trends23
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Local News5

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact