Skip to content
Sunday 23 August 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
International
International

Renewed Israeli strikes kill 20 in Gaza, ceasefire talks stall

The FrontierThe FrontierApril 9, 2025 2631 Minutes read0

Gaza’s civil defence agency said an Israeli strike on a residential building in the Shujaiya area of Gaza City killed at least 20 people today, as the military said they were looking into the attack.

The agency’s spokesman, Mahmud Bassal told our correspondent the strike resulted in “20 martyrs and more than 40 injured” and the search for bodies in the rubble was ongoing, reports AFP.

Israel resumed intense strikes on the Gaza Strip on March 18, ending a two-month ceasefire with Hamas. Efforts to restore the truce have so far failed.

The health ministry in the Hamas-run territory said today that at least 1,482 Palestinians have been killed in the renewed Israeli operations, taking the overall death toll since the start of the war to 50,846.

Hamas’s October 2023 attack that triggered the war resulted in the deaths of 1,218 people on the Israeli side, mostly civilians, according to our tally based on Israeli official figures.

Hossam Badran, a member of Hamas’s political bureau, told our correspondent yesterday that it was “necessary to reach a ceasefire” in Gaza.

He added that “communication with the mediators is still ongoing” but that “so far, there are no new proposals”.

Badran said Hamas “is open to all ideas that would lead to a ceasefire and stop the genocide enacted against our Palestinian people”.

US President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Monday that new negotiations were in the works aimed at getting more hostages released from captivity in Gaza.

Of the 251 hostages seized during Hamas’s attack on Israel, 58 are still held in Gaza, including 34 the Israeli military says are dead.

 

Tags
ceasefire talksGazaIsraeli strikesrenewed
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Hepatitis: The silent killer taking lives in Nigeria •VIDEO
next post Lagos govt frowns upon non-compliance with rent payment system
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
International

US, Canada unable to reach trade pact to avert Trump tariffs

August 22, 20260
International

One dead as plane hits car

August 22, 20260
International

BREAKING: US court permits FBI to review Tinubu drug case files in private

August 22, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Gists

Housekeeper wins $13 million court judgment against American music star Chris Brown

August 22, 20260
Gists

BBNaija Season 11: Cassi wins Arena Games for Week 4

August 22, 20260
Gossips

My wife filed for divorce without any quarrel – Popular Gospel singer Asu Ekiye

August 22, 20260
Matilda Showbiz

ROMANCE GONE SOUR: Her baby is too dark to be my son

August 22, 20260
Matilda Showbiz

Hot Lyrics: HEAVEN BABY, by Ayra Starr feat. ZAYN

August 22, 20260
Matilda Showbiz

Nigeria’s Top 10 Songs with ITTY OKIM •Week 34

August 22, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Housekeeper wins $13 million court judgment against American music star Chris Brown

August 22, 2026

BBNaija Season 11: Cassi wins Arena Games for Week 4

August 22, 2026

My wife filed for divorce without any quarrel – Popular Gospel singer Asu Ekiye

August 22, 2026

ROMANCE GONE SOUR: Her baby is too dark to be my son

August 22, 2026

Hot Lyrics: HEAVEN BABY, by Ayra Starr feat. ZAYN

August 22, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

Housekeeper wins $13 million court judgment against American music star Chris Brown

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Rivers LG fund: PDP chieftain Olabode George expresses concern over Supreme Court verdict

March 3, 2025
3

EASTER: Police deploy operatives to worship centres

April 4, 2026
4

Olubadan-In-Council nominates former Governor Ladoja as next Olubadan

August 4, 2025
5

African nations must regulate debt trap loans from World Bank, IMF – South African opposition leader Malema

August 25, 2025
6

Lagos govt signs MoU for transfer of Epe General Hospital to FG

October 4, 2024
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Nigerian students face over ₦2million visa fee as Australia considers hike

April 30, 2025
3

‘Senate was wrong in suspending Ningi’

March 13, 2024
4

15 dead in India stampede at Hindu mega-festival

January 29, 2025
5

Hajj: Saudi Arabia cuts Nigeria’s quota

April 16, 2026
6

JUST IN: Abuja to experience 7-hour blackout

February 24, 2024

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Ighodalo heads to Appeal Court after Governor Okpebholo’s tribunal victory

April 3, 2025

Arise with the ARISE Agenda: Permanent Secretary tasks Info/PR officers in Akwa Ibom

October 15, 2024

Again, Cloudflare outage takes multiple websites offline

December 5, 2025

Dangote retires as chairman of Dangote Cement

July 26, 2025
Top posts

Categories

  • News4928
  • Politics4592
  • Crime4411
  • International3043
  • Sports2460
  • Business & Economy2273
  • Headlines2223
  • Education1369
  • Matilda Showbiz991
  • Health878
  • Entertainment812
  • Africa578
  • Religion483
  • Environment365
  • Special277
  • Info Tech245
  • Arts & Culture240
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today204
  • Interview186
  • Opinion153
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade130
  • World Cup 202695
  • Advert34
  • Trends23
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Local News5

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact