Skip to content
Thursday 21 May 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
Crime
Crime

Seme Border Immigration commanders suspended over alleged extortion

The FrontierThe FrontierApril 10, 2026 651 Minutes read0

•Comptroller-General, Kemi Nandap

Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), Kemi Nandap, has suspended some commanders of the Service operating along the Seme-Badagry corridor over allegations of extortions by commuters and motorists.

The NIS boss also ordered an investigation into the allegations, reports Daily Independent.

The Service, in a statement signed by its Public Relations Officer, Akinsola Akinlabi, today, said Nandap “unequivocally condemns the actions depicted in these reports, as such conduct is unacceptable and stands in direct violation of the core values, ethics, and operational standards of the Service.”

The statement did not specify the number of officers suspended or identify the commands affected, but said the investigation was directed at identifying “all officers involved” to ensure “appropriate disciplinary measures are applied with immediate effect.”

Allegations of extortion along the corridor resurfaced recently through online videos and reports that drew public attention to the conduct of immigration personnel stationed there.

Nandap, who assumed office as Comptroller-General in January 2024, had earlier said her tenure would be marked by discipline and public accountability.

At the decoration of newly promoted comptrollers earlier this year, she charged officers to uphold the integrity of the service.

In today’s statement, the service said it is committed to “professional, transparent, and efficient services at all points of entry and exit,” adding that it “will not condone any act that undermines public trust or tarnishes the integrity of the Service.”

“The Nigeria Immigration Service remains resolute in its mission to serve with integrity, discipline, and professionalism while facilitating lawful migration,” the statement added.

It urged members of the public to report misconduct through the service’s official social media channels on X, Instagram, and Facebook, all under the handle @nigimmigration, or via its 24-hour contact centre lines: 09121900655, 09121556359, and 09121477092.

 

Tags
extortionImmigration commandersSeme Border
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Police retirees set for indefinite protest in Abuja over contributory pension scheme
next post JUST IN: Residents intercept vehicle loaded with explosive materials
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
Crime

Insecurity: South-West now becoming landscape of fear – Actor Lateef Adedimeji

May 20, 20260
Crime

School proprietor sentenced to life imprisonment for defiling 6-year-old pupil

May 20, 20260
Crime

TRAGEDY: Police officer due for retirement killed in rival thugs clash

May 20, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Business & Economy

Multi-billionaire businessman Otedola to invest $100 million in Dangote refinery

May 20, 20260
News

Dispatch rider dies in Lagos road crash

May 20, 20260
News

JUST IN: Three injured as mosque collapses

May 20, 20260
Crime

Insecurity: South-West now becoming landscape of fear – Actor Lateef Adedimeji

May 20, 20260
Crime

School proprietor sentenced to life imprisonment for defiling 6-year-old pupil

May 20, 20260
Politics

Political storm sinks actor-turned-politician Desmond Elliot’s fourth-term ambition

May 20, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Multi-billionaire businessman Otedola to invest $100 million in Dangote refinery

May 20, 2026

Dispatch rider dies in Lagos road crash

May 20, 2026

JUST IN: Three injured as mosque collapses

May 20, 2026

Insecurity: South-West now becoming landscape of fear – Actor Lateef Adedimeji

May 20, 2026

School proprietor sentenced to life imprisonment for defiling 6-year-old pupil

May 20, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

Multi-billionaire businessman Otedola to invest $100 million in Dangote refinery

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Again, Trump fined $10,000 for violating gag order

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Tinubu’s Benue visit: Presidency not tailor shop – Former presidential campaign spokesman fires back at Peter Obi

June 20, 2025
3

Nigerians deserve accountability on old, new presidential jets — Peter Obi

August 21, 2024
4

Tottenham hire Igor Tudor as interim manager

February 14, 2026
5

Afrobeats sensation, OG Fajey drops hit song ‘Time’

June 2, 2025
6

Air Canada grounded as striking union defies order to resume work

August 18, 2025
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Social media ban: Death toll from Nepal protest violence rises to 51— Police

September 12, 2025
3

Salah to leave Liverpool at end of season

March 25, 2026
4

Tinubu’s dollar splash sparks fresh debate among former Falcons

August 23, 2025
5

UN designates African slave trade as gravest crime against humanity

March 26, 2026
6

NBA vows to defend stripped Ibom Air passenger

August 12, 2025

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

UPDATED: The Ipele Ondo Divisional Police Station attacked by terrorists on New Year Eve •PHOTOS

January 1, 2026

Fact-finding committee report reveals 12,000 deaths in Plateau attacks

September 17, 2025

5 FRSC personnel knocked down by motorists in September – Corps Marshal

September 30, 2025

Hot Lyrics: WATER SPIRIT, by Omah Lay

April 11, 2026
Top posts

Categories

  • News4549
  • Politics4094
  • Crime3898
  • International2744
  • Sports2266
  • Business & Economy2119
  • Headlines2076
  • Education1254
  • Matilda Showbiz892
  • Health800
  • Entertainment739
  • Africa465
  • Religion449
  • Environment320
  • Special262
  • Arts & Culture227
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Info Tech220
  • Interview176
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today172
  • Opinion145
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade117
  • Advert30
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Trends16
  • Local News4

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact