Skip to content
Wednesday 19 August 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
Health
Health

BREAKING: Deaths from cholera outbreak in Lagos hits 29 — Official

The FrontierThe FrontierJune 24, 2024 3351 Minutes read0

Lagos State Government today announced that the total number of deaths recorded in the ongoing cholera outbreak has climbed to 29, saying that these were from the 579 patients that were attended to in various healthcare facilities in the state, including General and Private hospitals as well as primary healthcare centres.

The State Commissioner for Health, Prof. Akin Abayomi, made this known while speaking at a press conference, which took place at Alausa, Ikeja, disclosing that the majority of the deaths were due to patients presenting themselves late at the hospitals as they could not be rehydrated anymore, with some of them brought in dead.

Abayomi, however, assured that the state government was in control of the situation, like it happened during the COVID-19 incident, with Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu also being the Incident Commander this time around, while he serves as the Deputy Incident Commander, adding that treatment of patients remained free in order to slow down transmission of the disease.

This was just as he maintained that the state government was yet to identify the source, saying that efforts were still on to find that out, reports Nigerian Tribune.

“The treatment is free in our hospital and healthcare facilities to slow down the transmission. We go out also to search for the patients and those that the patients might have been in contact with,” he said.

Speaking further, the commissioner recalled that the outbreak, which was first reported early in the month, had slowed down in reported number of cases as at June 22, 2024, with “only one case reported” as of yesterday.

“As at June 22, 2024, the number has tried to come down. As at yesterday, it was only one reported case,” he said.

Abayomi expressed delight that no case had so far been reported in the state school environment since resumption, just as he pointed out that a multi-agency approach was adopted in tackling the menace.

He, however, urged residents to continue to adhere to safe drinking and make sure they cooked their food well before eating, ensuring a hygienic environment, saying that they should also engage in hard washing to ensure that their hands were always clean to curb transmission of the disease.

Tags
CholeradeathshitsLagosofficialoutbreak
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post JUST IN: Court acquits ex-Lagos Speaker Ikuforiji of money laundering charge
next post Retired General’s suspected killers paraded in Abuja
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
Health

‘How I escaped meal that killed my fellow Almajirai’

August 19, 20260
Health

New 180-bed General Hospital in Somolu to become Lagos’ Head and Neck Super-Specialty Centre

August 19, 20260
Health

What you need to know about stage-four cancer and chances of survival

August 18, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Africa

BREAKING: No survivors as helicopter carrying tourists crashes

August 19, 20260
Entertainment

BBNaija: ‘I’ve always known I was party animal’ — Former housemate Kamsy

August 19, 20260
International

Canada invites 1,000 candidates to apply for permanent residence

August 19, 20260
Headlines

HAPPENING NOW: Security beefed up at Defence ministry as retired military officers stage protest

August 19, 20260
Politics

2027: Look beyond campaign slogans — Peter Obi challenges Nigerians

August 19, 20260
News

National Assembly overwhelmed by 14,000 workforce — Clerk

August 19, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

BREAKING: No survivors as helicopter carrying tourists crashes

August 19, 2026

BBNaija: ‘I’ve always known I was party animal’ — Former housemate Kamsy

August 19, 2026

Canada invites 1,000 candidates to apply for permanent residence

August 19, 2026

HAPPENING NOW: Security beefed up at Defence ministry as retired military officers stage protest

August 19, 2026

2027: Look beyond campaign slogans — Peter Obi challenges Nigerians

August 19, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

BREAKING: No survivors as helicopter carrying tourists crashes

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Tinubu approves new service terms for military personnel

December 16, 2024
3

A-list entertainer Charly Boy steals show with giant box gift at former President Obasanjo’s 89th birthday celebration

March 7, 2026
4

PSG to rest Mbappe before Champions League showdown

February 9, 2024
5

2023 Hajj: Kaduna begins refund to N61,080 pilgrims

December 31, 2024
6

Anglican Synod to Tinubu: Redouble your efforts to fulfill promises you made to Nigerians •Condemns harsh taxation of citizens

October 31, 2025
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Three die, houses destroyed as windstorm wreaks havoc in Yobe

July 9, 2026
3

Super Eagles coach Chelle eyes Nigeria Premier Football League, foreign talents ahead of Unity Cup

April 15, 2026
4

3 highest-paid female tennis players in 2024

July 20, 2024
5

Ecological fund: Despite over N100 billion spent, states risk flooding

April 19, 2026
6

NNPC is in trouble: Mixed reactions as Dangote Refinery reduces petrol price

December 19, 2024

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

More trouble for former Governor El-Rufai as ICPC operatives raid Abuja residence

February 20, 2026

Tension as gunmen kidnap newborn from teenage mother

March 31, 2026

New presidential jet unnecessary, waste of resources — Aviation experts

August 21, 2024

Final recruitment list not out, says Customs Service

October 29, 2025
Top posts

Categories

  • News4914
  • Politics4564
  • Crime4405
  • International3031
  • Sports2448
  • Business & Economy2266
  • Headlines2216
  • Education1363
  • Matilda Showbiz983
  • Health875
  • Entertainment810
  • Africa572
  • Religion483
  • Environment364
  • Special277
  • Info Tech245
  • Arts & Culture239
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today202
  • Interview185
  • Opinion153
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade130
  • World Cup 202695
  • Advert34
  • Trends23
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Local News5

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact