Skip to content
Wednesday 20 May 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
Politics
Politics

I’m ready for your probe – Ortom replies Benue governor

The FrontierThe FrontierFebruary 27, 2024 4261 Minutes read0

•Former Governor Samuel Ortom

The immediate past Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, has welcomed the inauguration of two judicial commissions by his successor, Governor Hyacinth Alia, to probe the activities of his administration between 2015 and 2023.

In a statement issued by his media aide, Terver Akase, today, Ortom expressed willingness to cooperate with the probe panels as long as the investigation is carried out in line with the law.

He stated that his administration was built on transparency, accountability, and good governance.

“He emphasizes his readiness to provide any information or clarification, as may be required.

“Chief Ortom urges his former appointees to equally make themselves available whenever called upon to provide clarifications,” the statement read in parts.

Ortom had, in August, last year said he was ready to make himself available to respond to issues bordering on his administration whenever the need arises.

The former governor, who lost his bid for a Senatorial seat on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, said this in a statement by his Media Aide, Mr Terver Akase in Makurdi, the state capital.

“I am capable of responding to the issues being raised against me and other officials of my government and I have always made known my belief in the rule of law.

“I am ready to make myself available to respond to issues bordering on my administration whenever the need arises,” Ortom said.

Yesterday, the former governor denied reports that he plans to decamp to the All Progressives Congress.

Speaking at the expanded exco meeting of the party, Ortom said that he still remains in the People Democratic Party.

Ortom stressed the need for the PDP members in the state to unite to overcome the loss recorded during the 2023 general election.

He said, “There is no need to apportion blame. The elections have come and gone, we must draw a line and forge ahead…”

Tags
BenueGovernorOrtomprobereadyreplies
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post BREAKING: CBN begins sales of dollars to BDCs
next post Insecurity: FCTA launches Abuja private sector mass transit
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
Politics

Political storm sinks actor-turned-politician Desmond Elliot’s fourth-term ambition

May 20, 20260
Politics

Former Vice President Atiku appears before ADC screening panel, promises security reforms

May 20, 20260
Politics

EXPLOSIVE!: Former Governor Kwankwaso working for Tinubu’s re-election — Governor’s aide

May 20, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Business & Economy

Multi-billionaire businessman Otedola to invest $100 million in Dangote refinery

May 20, 20260
News

Dispatch rider dies in Lagos road crash

May 20, 20260
News

JUST IN: Three injured as mosque collapses

May 20, 20260
Crime

Insecurity: South-West now becoming landscape of fear – Actor Lateef Adedimeji

May 20, 20260
Crime

School proprietor sentenced to life imprisonment for defiling 6-year-old pupil

May 20, 20260
Politics

Political storm sinks actor-turned-politician Desmond Elliot’s fourth-term ambition

May 20, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Multi-billionaire businessman Otedola to invest $100 million in Dangote refinery

May 20, 2026

Dispatch rider dies in Lagos road crash

May 20, 2026

JUST IN: Three injured as mosque collapses

May 20, 2026

Insecurity: South-West now becoming landscape of fear – Actor Lateef Adedimeji

May 20, 2026

School proprietor sentenced to life imprisonment for defiling 6-year-old pupil

May 20, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

Multi-billionaire businessman Otedola to invest $100 million in Dangote refinery

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Again, Trump fined $10,000 for violating gag order

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Nigerian researcher develops cheaper catalyst for Green Hydrogen production

May 7, 2025
3

May 29: Nigerians suffering, Tinubu hasn’t done well at all, says former Governor Suswam

May 29, 2025
4

Pressure was real, expectations were loud – Imisi opens up about life after BBNaija win

January 2, 2026
5

Teenage student stabs school mate, teacher to death

January 17, 2025
6

How former Governor El-Rufai campaigned for candidates of 2 different parties in Kaduna by-elections

August 20, 2025
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Over 1.5 million candidates score less than 200 in 2025 UTME

May 5, 2025
3

Air Peace: Onslaught against Onyema, affront on Nigeria’s aviation sector – Expert

October 22, 2024
4

Hospital destroys over 1,000kg expired, fake drugs

January 2, 2025
5

Former US President Jimmy Carter is dead

December 30, 2024
6

Tax reform bills ready for presidential assent as Reps adopt harmonised bills

May 28, 2025

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Coalition: Former Minister Sirika knocks Wike, Onanuga, pledges loyalty to APC •At your levels you ought to fact check – Sirika

July 4, 2025

National Assembly Constitution review panel proposes 6 new states

October 27, 2025

JUST IN: EFCC declares ex-Gov Yahaya Bello wanted over alleged N80.2 billion fraud

April 18, 2024

Former LG Council chairman stabbed to death

May 2, 2025
Top posts

Categories

  • News4549
  • Politics4094
  • Crime3898
  • International2744
  • Sports2266
  • Business & Economy2119
  • Headlines2076
  • Education1254
  • Matilda Showbiz892
  • Health800
  • Entertainment739
  • Africa465
  • Religion449
  • Environment320
  • Special262
  • Arts & Culture227
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Info Tech220
  • Interview176
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today172
  • Opinion145
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade117
  • Advert30
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Trends16
  • Local News4

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact