Skip to content
Thursday 20 August 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
News
News

2 dead, 15 injured in road accident involving Army recruitment candidates

The FrontierThe FrontierJune 28, 2026 821 Minutes read0

•Road Safety officials at scene of an accident 

The Nigerian Army has confirmed the death of two persons and injuries to 15 others following a road traffic accident involving candidates travelling for the 91 Regular Recruits Intake (RRI) exercise to the Depot Nigerian Army, Zaria.

In a statement yesterday, the Headquarters 82 Division Nigerian Army said the accident occurred at about 5:30 a.m. on the Owerri–Port Harcourt Expressway, about two kilometres from Obinze Barracks in Imo State.

The Army said one of the buses conveying the candidates collided with a tipper truck while en route to Zaria, reports Sunday Trust.

According to the statement, one soldier, 13 recruitment candidates and the bus driver sustained varying degrees of injuries in the crash.

It said, “The accident occurred at about 5:30 am, approximately two kilometres from Obinze Barracks along the Owerri–Port Harcourt Express Road, when one of the buses conveying the candidates was involved in a collision with a tipper truck.”

The statement added that the critically injured victims were evacuated to the Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Owerri, while others were receiving treatment at the Brigade Medical Centre (BMC).

The Army, however, said the bus conductor and one recruitment candidate died despite efforts to save them.

It stated, “Regrettably, the bus conductor and one candidate succumbed to their injuries despite efforts to save their lives. Their families have been informed accordingly.”

The General Officer Commanding 82 Division, Major General OA Fadairo, expressed condolences to the families of the deceased and wished the injured a speedy recovery.

The Army also disclosed that an investigation into the cause of the accident had commenced.

It added that arrangements had been made to ensure the safe movement of the remaining candidates to the Depot Nigerian Army, Zaria.

The statement urged members of the public to disregard unverified information circulating on social media about the incident.

“The public is encouraged to rely only on official statements issued by the Nigerian Army,” the statement added.

Tags
Army recruitment candidatesdeadinjuredroad accident
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Nigerian injured in Qatar gas explosion safe – Nigerians in Diaspora Commission
next post Bloodshed, fear trail build-up to Osun governorship election
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
News

Governor appoints over 1,000 new aides with immediate effect

August 20, 20260
News

Boat capsizes in Sokoto, total number of victims unknown

August 20, 20260
News

Tinubu appoints Abel Enitan as new Head of Federal Civil Service

August 20, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Politics

2027 elections: Peter Obi dominates South East, South South as Tinubu leads South West, North — Research

August 20, 20260
Headlines

JUST IN: UK warns citizens against travel to 11 Nigerian states •FULL LIST

August 20, 20260
News

Governor appoints over 1,000 new aides with immediate effect

August 20, 20260
Business & Economy

Opposition party, APM rejects FG’s N15.8 trillion subsidy savings claim

August 20, 20260
Politics

BREAKING: PDP launches Jonathan’s presidential campaign for 2027 elections, affirms former president’s commitment to rescue Nigeria

August 20, 20260
News

Boat capsizes in Sokoto, total number of victims unknown

August 20, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

2027 elections: Peter Obi dominates South East, South South as Tinubu leads South West, North — Research

August 20, 2026

JUST IN: UK warns citizens against travel to 11 Nigerian states •FULL LIST

August 20, 2026

Governor appoints over 1,000 new aides with immediate effect

August 20, 2026

Opposition party, APM rejects FG’s N15.8 trillion subsidy savings claim

August 20, 2026

BREAKING: PDP launches Jonathan’s presidential campaign for 2027 elections, affirms former president’s commitment to rescue Nigeria

August 20, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

2027 elections: Peter Obi dominates South East, South South as Tinubu leads South West, North — Research

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Local govt employees union in Rivers declares strike over unpaid salaries

September 30, 2025
3

BREAKING: Varsity female hostel burnt down by fire

March 19, 2024
4

INSIDE AKWA IBOM TODAY- Umo Eno: Transformation beyond rhetorics, By Richard Okon

September 8, 2025
5

Appeal court ruling does not affect our leadership, says ADC

March 14, 2026
6

BBC launches search for new chief as Trump row rumbles on

November 25, 2025
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Qatar reverses stand to host business forum during Tinubu’s visit

February 26, 2024
3

N300 billion approved in national budget for Nigerian railway draws scrutiny over service shortfalls

August 5, 2026
4

Why we should stop renaming well-established universities, By Farooq Kperogi

August 2, 2025
5

Ex-Super Eagles player John Utaka appointed French club’s head coach

August 9, 2025
6

Ambassadorial list ready for National Assembly review, DSS clearance over

April 11, 2025

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

2027: We’ll register new party as ADC back-up, says former Governor El-rufai

July 3, 2025

Okonjo-Iweala calls for AI, renewable energy investments to tackle economic shocks

July 29, 2026

No regret removing petrol subsidy – Tinubu insists

December 24, 2024

Lookman on target as Atalanta reach Europa League final

May 10, 2024
Top posts

Categories

  • News4919
  • Politics4575
  • Crime4409
  • International3036
  • Sports2455
  • Business & Economy2271
  • Headlines2219
  • Education1367
  • Matilda Showbiz983
  • Health875
  • Entertainment812
  • Africa573
  • Religion483
  • Environment364
  • Special277
  • Info Tech245
  • Arts & Culture240
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today202
  • Interview186
  • Opinion153
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade130
  • World Cup 202695
  • Advert34
  • Trends23
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Local News5

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact