Skip to content
Monday 18 May 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
News
News

Firm tackles senior lawyer over Abuja River Park Estate •It’s the work of an impostor – Lawyer

The FrontierThe FrontierOctober 2, 2025 943 Minutes read0

•River Park Estate, Abuja

A firm involved in the River Park Estate crisis, Houses for Africa Nigeria Limited, has written to senior lawyer Anthony Aikhunegbe Malik, SAN, accusing him of filing a suit on its behalf without authorisation.

The firm threatened to lodge a complaint with the Disciplinary Committee of the Nigerian Bar Association and the Body of Benchers if Malik does not retract the suit and dissociate Houses for Africa Nigeria from it, reports The Guardian.

Malik dismissed the threat, insisting that he had been briefed in writing.

It was reported that some lawyers working for a real estate developer were exposed for allegedly impersonating JonahCapital Nigeria Limited in an attempt to sue the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nyesom Wike, and overturn the findings of the Ministerial Committee on River Park Estate.

In a formal letter addressed to Malik, Houses for Africa Nigeria Limited, through its Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Kojo Ansah, unequivocally distanced itself from the suit.

He emphasised that neither the board nor the management authorised the filing.

The letter warned that such actions constituted criminal impersonation and violated the Rules of Professional Conduct for Legal Practitioners.

The letter directed Malik to withdraw the suit immediately to prevent further damage to the corporate integrity of Houses for Africa Nigeria Limited.

It stressed that any legal actions concerning the estate must come from the company’s authorised representatives and board resolutions, not third parties acting unilaterally.

In the letter addressed to Anthony Aikhunegbe Malik, SAN, the firm said: “Our attention has been drawn to a suit filed by your firm, A. A. Malik & Co, purportedly in the name of Houses for Africa Nigeria Ltd against the Honourable Minister of the Federal Capital Territory and the FCDA. This development has come to us as a shock, not least because the said action was instituted without the knowledge, authority, or consent of the Board of Houses for Africa Nigeria Ltd.

“We are also aware that the matter was originally assigned to Court 38 (Jikwoyi) but was thereafter, under circumstances requiring serious scrutiny, transferred to Court 37 (Jikwoyi).”

This raises further questions about motives surrounding this purported action.

“Accordingly, we hereby demand that you immediately withdraw the said suit and furnish us with written evidence of compliance.

“Please be informed that failure to comply with this directive will leave us with no option but to petition the relevant law enforcement agencies, the Body of Benchers, the Honourable Chief Justice of Nigeria, and the Legal Practitioners’ Privileges Committee regarding your conduct in this matter.

“We expect your immediate cooperation to forestall the escalation of this matter, as a stitch in time saves nine.”

In a separate communication to the FCT Minister, Houses for Africa lamented the alleged bizarre assignment of courts in its pending cases.

The letter raised concerns about the rushed assignment of Justice Mohammed Zubairu of the FCT High Court to the case, despite the existence of multiple ongoing suits on the same subject matter.

The company argued that this unusual court assignment seemed like forum-shopping aimed at securing a favourable ruling that could undermine the Ministerial Committee’s findings.

The letter urged the minister’s office to take steps to protect the integrity of the administration’s decisions and prevent “rogue litigation” from reversing the progress already made in sanitising the River Park Estate dispute.

When contacted by our correspondent, Malik confirmed receiving a letter from Mr Kojo Ansah asking him to withdraw the case.

Malik denied the allegation, stating that he had been properly instructed to file the action.

He dismissed the claims as the work of an impostor and emphasised that he would not file a suit without proper authorisation.

Malik concluded by stating that anyone attempting to file a complaint against him based on false allegations would not succeed.

He expressed disbelief that anyone would question his professionalism and integrity in handling legal matters.

“I would just get up and file a suit when I was not instructed? Of course, I have my letter of instruction signed and delivered to me that I should file the action.

“So, if they have issues among themselves, or a dispute about ownership of the company, that is their business.

“There must be something wrong somewhere. The company, Houses for Africa Nig. Ltd, which instructed me in writing, cannot turn around to deny briefing me.

“My guess is that somebody somewhere is up to some mischief. Put differently, I believe the ‘story’ is being peddled by an impostor. It certainly cannot be from the same company that duly instructed me,” he added.

Tags
Abuja River Park EstatefirmSenior lawyer
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post CAF cup campaigners return to Nigerian Premier Football League as Abia Warriors host Remo Stars today
next post Resurgence of violence threatens Anambra governorship election – Report
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
News

Nigerian Army expands formations nationwide, honours fallen heroes, wounded soldiers

May 18, 20260
News

Human rights lawyer Falana urges Tinubu to rely on Defence HQ for security intelligence

May 17, 20260
News

Transparency Watch Initiative ranks two agencies among Nigeria’s best performing public institutions

May 16, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Sports

PSG’s Dembele to undergo treatment for leg issue before UCL final

May 18, 20260
Crime

DSS picks up former Governor El-Rufai after court grants bail; family kicks

May 18, 20260
Politics

JUST IN: APC makes U-turn, clears Ben Murray-Bruce, 4 others for senatorial primary

May 18, 20260
Politics

Former Governor El-Rufai being treated as political prisoner – ADC

May 18, 20260
Politics

Accord Party leaders raise alarm over plans to arrest stakeholders

May 18, 20260
Education

NYSC to enforce new certificate requirement for Corps members from 2026 Batch B

May 18, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

PSG’s Dembele to undergo treatment for leg issue before UCL final

May 18, 2026

DSS picks up former Governor El-Rufai after court grants bail; family kicks

May 18, 2026

JUST IN: APC makes U-turn, clears Ben Murray-Bruce, 4 others for senatorial primary

May 18, 2026

Former Governor El-Rufai being treated as political prisoner – ADC

May 18, 2026

Accord Party leaders raise alarm over plans to arrest stakeholders

May 18, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

PSG’s Dembele to undergo treatment for leg issue before UCL final

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Again, Trump fined $10,000 for violating gag order

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Mahmood Yakubu, Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Grace Bent, others in Senate for ambassadorial screening •FULL LIST

December 11, 2025
3

Many Nigerian leaders should be in jail – Former President Obasanjo

August 10, 2024
4

Tinubu approves commercial crude oil drilling in Ogun

January 23, 2026
5

Ebola outbreak hits Uganda, kills health care worker – Health Ministry

January 30, 2025
6

Last-minute rush in Ondo as residents troop to markets on election eve

November 15, 2024
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

2 suspected kidnappers killed in police-military operation

April 9, 2026
3

Gunmen kidnap traditional ruler’s orderly, driver

June 23, 2024
4

Former Governor Lamido gives PDP 10-day ultimatum to resolve internal crisis

November 28, 2025
5

Super Eagles: No food, nowhere to sleep – Boniface laments ordeal in Libya

October 14, 2024
6

Senator Abaribe reacts to Supreme Court ruling against Nnamdi Kanu, mourns Ezeife

December 15, 2023

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

BREAKING: Again, PDP Convention case adjourned •Journalists barred from court coverage

November 10, 2025

Nasarawa pupils learn on bare floor, lack access to learning materials

December 26, 2024

From Diaz to Akor Adams – 5 young players impressing at 2025 Africa Cup of Nations

January 10, 2026

Immigration places ex-Gov Yahaya Bello on watch list

April 19, 2024
Top posts

Categories

  • News4545
  • Politics4073
  • Crime3889
  • International2735
  • Sports2256
  • Business & Economy2113
  • Headlines2073
  • Education1253
  • Matilda Showbiz892
  • Health799
  • Entertainment734
  • Africa460
  • Religion449
  • Environment319
  • Special262
  • Arts & Culture227
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Info Tech220
  • Interview176
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today172
  • Opinion145
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade117
  • Advert30
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Trends16
  • Local News4

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact