Skip to content
Friday 22 May 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
International
International

EXPOSED: Former President Obama ‘manufactured’ evidence in 2016 US election – Report

The FrontierThe FrontierJuly 24, 2025 3434 Minutes read0

•Barack Obama and Donald Trump and

Director of National Intelligence, Tulsi Gabbard has declassified a sensitive congressional report that she claims supports allegations that former President Barack Obama helped “manufacture” evidence that Russia interfered in the 2016 election to help Donald Trump.

The move comes just one day after Trump publicly accused Obama of treason over the 2017 intelligence assessment on Russian election interference, reports CNN.

The redacted report, originally written by House Republicans during Trump’s first term, is the latest effort by Trump allies to discredit the FBI investigation and the broader findings of the U.S. intelligence community.

Attorney General, Pam Bondi said Wednesday that the Justice Department would set up a strike force to evaluate the evidence.

She said it would “investigate potential next legal steps which might stem from DNI Gabbard’s disclosures.”

While Gabbard didn’t directly accuse Obama of treason, she made pointed remarks at the White House press briefing:

“The evidence that we have found and that we have released directly point to President Obama leading the manufacturing of this intelligence assessment.

“They knew it would promote this contrived narrative that Russia interfered in the 2016 election to help President Trump win, selling it to the American people as though it were true,” Gabbard said.

Gabbard argued that Russia’s true intent was to sow distrust in American democracy—not to back Trump—challenging one of the key conclusions of the 2017 intelligence report.

Neither the newly declassified House report nor a recent review by CIA Director John Ratcliffe supports Gabbard’s assertion that the intelligence was “manufactured.”

Ratcliffe’s review, released earlier this month, raised concerns about the level of confidence in the assessment that Russian President Vladimir Putin preferred Trump.

Still, it concluded: “The overall assessment was deemed defensible.”

The House report also questioned the analytic methods behind the 2017 judgment, saying it relied on thin sourcing and failed to consider conflicting evidence.

However, it did not claim the findings were fabricated.

The document, led by then-Rep. Devin Nunes and current FBI Director Kash Patel—who was his top aide at the time—contradicts the GOP-led Senate Intelligence Committee’s 2020 review.

That bipartisan Senate report found: “The intelligence supported the conclusions,”

and that there were no “significant tradecraft issues” in preparing the assessment.

Gabbard’s decision to declassify the report comes as her standing within the Trump administration appears shaky.

Last month, Trump contradicted her publicly over Iran’s nuclear program, and she missed a key national security meeting about Israel and Iran.

Her latest move drew sharp criticism from Democrats and intelligence professionals.

Senator Mark Warner, the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, said:

“The desperate and irresponsible release of the partisan House intelligence report puts at risk some of the most sensitive sources and methods our Intelligence Community uses to spy on Russia and keep Americans safe.”

“And in doing so, Director Gabbard is sending a chilling message to our allies and assets around the world: the United States can no longer be trusted to protect the intelligence you share with us.”

A Democratic congressional source said agencies were still reviewing redactions when Gabbard released the report early.

An official from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence confirmed the decision was made by Trump:

“He has constitutional authority to declassify and is not under the same consultation obligations” as agency heads.

A former senior intelligence official warned that the unredacted content could reveal how intelligence is collected and endanger sources:

“If I were them, I’d be going dark about now.”

The House report had been kept under heavy security—at one point stored in a “turducken,” a safe within a safe, at CIA headquarters.

The CIA limited congressional access so tightly that staff had to work on-site, and their notes were locked away at Langley during the Biden administration.

It remains unclear whether the full extent of the original classified report was released yesterday.

Some of the declassified details include how the US knew about Putin’s orders, what he was told, and how that intelligence was gathered.

The newly released document gives a rare glimpse into the intelligence used to produce the 2017 assessment.

The GOP report argues that key conclusions — such as Putin aspiring to help Trump— were based on vague or unverified intelligence.

It notes the CIA and FBI had high confidence in that judgment, while the NSA had only medium confidence.

The committee pointed to one source in particular:

“One scant, unclear and unverifiable fragment of a sentence from one of the substandard reports constitutes the only classified information cited to suggest Putin ‘aspired’ to help Trump win.”

Ratcliffe’s review called the judgment “plausible and sensible,” but said it was based on inference, not fact.

The GOP report also criticized the inclusion of the Steele dossier—paid for by the Clinton campaign—as an annex to the 2017 assessment.

Though the dossier did not factor into the intelligence analysis, Republicans argue its inclusion fueled public distrust.

Special Counsel John Durham investigated intelligence community actions for four years but never charged any US officials in connection to the assessment.

In March 2025, Trump declassified several Russia-related documents.

One unredacted version of that material later went missing and has never been recovered.

Officials at the time scrambled to assess the damage. Some of that content was reportedly so sensitive that its release could jeopardize foreign sources.

Yesterday’s release includes references to signals intelligence, Putin’s briefings, and what Russian officials were telling him—raising fresh concerns about compromised sources and methods.

Tags
2016 US electionformer President ObamaReport
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post French media group acquires MultiChoice in landmark $3 billion deal
next post Barcelona cancel Japan friendly, cite contractual breaches
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
International

TRAGEDY: Woman swept away as floods paralyse New York City •VIDEO

May 21, 20260
International

Australian court upholds $465,000 fine against Elon Musk’s X

May 21, 20260
International

Nigerian, 8 other deportees from US arrive Sierra Leone

May 21, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Health

Cancer may affect one in every 4 persons – Expert warns

May 22, 20260
Sports

Ex-Chelsea captain Cesar Azpilicueta retires

May 22, 20260
Sports

Palmer, Foden left out of England World Cup squad •FULL LIST

May 22, 20260
Politics

JUST IN: APC announces direct mode for presidential primary •Fubara, other governors named state coordinators

May 22, 20260
Sports

Pep Guardiola to step down after glittering decade at Manchester City

May 22, 20260
Health

Research alone can’t fix Nigeria’s Healthcare crisis — Prof. Onoka

May 22, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Cancer may affect one in every 4 persons – Expert warns

May 22, 2026

Ex-Chelsea captain Cesar Azpilicueta retires

May 22, 2026

Palmer, Foden left out of England World Cup squad •FULL LIST

May 22, 2026

JUST IN: APC announces direct mode for presidential primary •Fubara, other governors named state coordinators

May 22, 2026

Pep Guardiola to step down after glittering decade at Manchester City

May 22, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

Cancer may affect one in every 4 persons – Expert warns

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Again, Trump fined $10,000 for violating gag order

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Gunmen kill 1,111 Nigerians, abduct 276 in June — Report

July 15, 2025
3

TRAGEDY: Pregnant woman dies after health worker allegedly refuses to accept bank transfer except cash

December 5, 2025
4

Stop praising presidents, tell them the truth – Emir Sanusi tells ministers

October 28, 2025
5

Trouble looms in varsities as FG plans to pay ASUU withheld 4 months salaries

February 16, 2024
6

2027: Bill seeks to stop Northwest, Southwest, Southsouth from presidential election

March 3, 2024
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Ighodalo emerges winner of parallel PDP governorship primary in Edo

February 22, 2024
3

Polytechnic shutdown after students’ protest

January 20, 2026
4

BBNaija S10: How I was married off at 15 against my wish — Sultana

September 1, 2025
5

JUST IN: Bandits invade varsity, abduct many students

May 10, 2024
6

3 nabbed for robbing accident victims in Lagos

November 14, 2024

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Pot of jollof rice rises by 19% to N25,486 in six months

April 23, 2025

Annie Macaulay takes back 2Baba’s name

December 13, 2025

Man with human body parts nabbed in Abuja

July 10, 2024

Akpabio to Tinubu: Sack appointees who shun National Assembly’s summons

November 9, 2023
Top posts

Categories

  • News4555
  • Politics4113
  • Crime3903
  • International2748
  • Sports2271
  • Business & Economy2120
  • Headlines2076
  • Education1261
  • Matilda Showbiz892
  • Health802
  • Entertainment740
  • Africa466
  • Religion450
  • Environment320
  • Special262
  • Arts & Culture227
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Info Tech220
  • Interview176
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today172
  • Opinion145
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade117
  • Advert30
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Trends16
  • Local News4

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact