Skip to content
Saturday 22 August 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
News
News

JUST IN: Governor Sanwo-Olu suspends media aide over misrepresentation of facts

The FrontierThe FrontierNovember 26, 2024 4533 Minutes read0

•Ajetunmobi and Sanwo-Olu

Lagos State governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has suspended his Senior Special Assistant on Print Media, Mr Wale Ajetunmobi.

This was disclosed in a statement issued today by the governor’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Gboyega Akosile, reports The PUNCH.

The statement was titled, ‘Governor Sanwo-Olu suspends aide.’

Ajetunmobi’s suspension “comes on the heels of the misrepresentation of facts on his personal X account on a past incident,” according to the statement.

Akosile noted that the Sanwo-Olu-led administration “frowns at any form of extra-judicial punishment and will not be a part of any such action. That is not who we are. That is not our way.”

A check by our correspondent on Ajetunmobi’s X account, #Riddwane, today showed that his timeline was devoid of any such tweet as it had been deleted.

Premium Times, on Sunday, November 24, 2024, reported a tweet by Ajetunmobi, tweeting as #Riddwane, in which he revealed that arsonists who burnt down the Television Continental station in Lagos during the heat of the 2020 #EndSARS protest, had been “hunted down and executed.”

The suspended aide also stated that one of the “executed” arsonists was a young boy (name undisclosed) who traded in cooking gas around the Ketu area of the state.

Ajetunmobi alleged that the boy was found with an AK-47 rifle.

The tweet read, “The full story of people who burnt down TVC in 2020 will be told one day, with gory clips and images. One thing to note: majority of them have been hunted down and executed.

“One of them, a young boy trading in cooking gas around Ketu, was found with an AK-47 at the site. Even his neighbours were shocked. But the full gist is better saved for later.”

Reacting to the tweet, an X user identified as Hamlad, tweeting as #hamoye4real, asked, “Are you in the know of extra-judicial killings?”

In his response, the suspended aide wrote, “Lol… you want to create a narrative in your head. What is extra-judicial killing here? Some of the people were chased by soldiers and an exchange of fire occurred. Then arsonists were overpowered and killed in the process. Others ran away. Is that an extra-judicial killing to you?”

However, in a tweet by Ajetunmobi early today at 2:34 am — two days after the report, and quoting the Premium Times report on his X handle, he clarified that while the word “executed” was “erroneously used,” his tweet was his “personal opinion” and didn’t reflect the stance of his employer or his office.

He also stated that “no extra-judicial killing was insinuated.”

The tweet read, “This excerpt was quoted out of context and there were series of comments made under the same post, which better explained what was intended. Like I did further explained in the said tweet, no extra-judicial killing was insinuated. The word ‘executed’ was erroneously used and not intended in the context of that casual conversation.

“What was written in the entire conversation reflected personal opinion and not the position of any authority or the entity in which I work. The post and other comments had been taken down, even before this publication.”

In a report by this paper on October 30, 2020, it was reported that no fewer than 250 staff of TVC at Ikosi, Ketu, Lagos, were unable to work after arsonists burnt the station.

Transmission gadgets, state-of-the-art studios, production rooms and operational vehicles of TVC, including cars of staff, were set ablaze.

The station’s Chief Executive Officer, Mr Andrew Hanlon, added that over 500 direct employees of the station had been struggling to work in temporary accommodation put up by the company.

Halon stated these when Governor Sanwo-Olu visited the management and staff of the station.

Tags
Governor Sanwo-Olumedia aidesuspends
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post At last, Port Harcourt refinery commences crude oil processing
next post 5 feared dead, 20 missing in Delta boat mishap
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
News

Traffic jam: Nigeria’s economy suffers as hundreds of loaded trailers stranded in Ekiti

August 22, 20260
News

IPOB condemns Britain’s ‘selective outrage’ over Israel, Nnamdi Kanu

August 22, 20260
News

REVEALED: Enugu Air runway incident linked to auto brake failure — Investigation Bureau

August 22, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Gists

Housekeeper wins $13 million court judgment against American music star Chris Brown

August 22, 20260
Gists

BBNaija Season 11: Cassi wins Arena Games for Week 4

August 22, 20260
Gossips

My wife filed for divorce without any quarrel – Popular Gospel singer Asu Ekiye

August 22, 20260
Matilda Showbiz

ROMANCE GONE SOUR: Her baby is too dark to be my son

August 22, 20260
Matilda Showbiz

Hot Lyrics: HEAVEN BABY, by Ayra Starr feat. ZAYN

August 22, 20260
Matilda Showbiz

Nigeria’s Top 10 Songs with ITTY OKIM •Week 34

August 22, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Housekeeper wins $13 million court judgment against American music star Chris Brown

August 22, 2026

BBNaija Season 11: Cassi wins Arena Games for Week 4

August 22, 2026

My wife filed for divorce without any quarrel – Popular Gospel singer Asu Ekiye

August 22, 2026

ROMANCE GONE SOUR: Her baby is too dark to be my son

August 22, 2026

Hot Lyrics: HEAVEN BABY, by Ayra Starr feat. ZAYN

August 22, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

Housekeeper wins $13 million court judgment against American music star Chris Brown

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Freight forwarders seek urgent tariffs review

April 21, 2026
3

Retired police officers storm National Assembly, accuse Senate of delaying pension bill

November 27, 2025
4

REVEALED: Why Power Minister’s plane crash-landed in Ibadan – Sources

November 5, 2023
5

Atiku’s ex-aide Bwala finally joins Tinubu’s cabinet

November 15, 2024
6

Ondo governor hails conviction of Owo Catholic Church attack terrorists

June 3, 2026
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Security operatives discover shallow graves with mutilated bodies in Ebonyi

February 9, 2026
3

Insecurity: Shake up in Police as IG redeploys 54 ACPs

January 23, 2024
4

Russian missile strike on Ukrainian city kills 34

April 14, 2025
5

Former NNPP Southwest PRO, Badmus joins PDP

November 10, 2025
6

EXPOSED: How soldiers broke into our hostels, stripped female students – UNIOSUN

June 30, 2026

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

BREAKING: Ozekhome reacts to Supreme Court judgment

October 26, 2023

BREAKING: Plane carrying over 350 passengers collides with another aircraft, bursts into flames

January 2, 2024

Police school teachers lament unpaid 33-month salary

January 15, 2025

HAPPENING NOW: INEC chairman Amupitan meets with Resident Electoral Commissioners in Abuja

February 25, 2026
Top posts

Categories

  • News4928
  • Politics4592
  • Crime4411
  • International3043
  • Sports2460
  • Business & Economy2273
  • Headlines2223
  • Education1369
  • Matilda Showbiz991
  • Health878
  • Entertainment812
  • Africa578
  • Religion483
  • Environment365
  • Special277
  • Info Tech245
  • Arts & Culture240
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today204
  • Interview186
  • Opinion153
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade130
  • World Cup 202695
  • Advert34
  • Trends23
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Local News5

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact