Skip to content
Thursday 20 August 2026
  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact
The Frontier
Click to read
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • Health
  • Business & Economy
  • Sports
  • More
    • International
    • Religion
    • Entertainment
    • Info Tech
    • Matilda Showbiz
      • Gists
      • Music
      • Gossips
      • Oga MAT
      • Romance
    • Arts & Culture
    • Environment
    • Opinion
    • Features
    • Epistles of Anthony Kila
    • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
The Frontier
  • News
  • Crime
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Headlines
  • Education
  • International
  • Business & Economy
  • Entertainment
  • Sports
  • Arts & Culture
  • Environment
  • Health
  • Matilda Showbiz
    • Gists
    • Music
    • Gossips
    • Oga MAT
    • Romance
  • Opinion
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade
  • Info Tech
  • Interview
The Frontier
Click to read
Education
Education

11 CBT centres, registrants to face sanction over fingerprint infractions – JAMB

The FrontierThe FrontierJune 18, 2025 1722 Minutes read0

•JAMB candidates

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has recommended tough penalties for 11 Computer‑Based Test (CBT) centres and their registrants involved in fingerprint irregularities during registration for the 2025 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

Registrar/Chief Executive of JAMB, Prof. Ishaq Oloyede, made this known after a brainstorming session with some critical stakeholders following a meeting with the affected CBT centres and registrants yesterday in Abuja.

He said the measures, which still require the approval of Education Minister, Dr Maruf Tunji Alausa, are intended to protect the integrity of the examination process, reports Daily Trust.

“The leadership of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board with some critical stakeholders here recommended that any registrant who registered more than 50 candidates (with infractions) should be dismissed from participating in any activities of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board.

“And what that means is that such a person will not participate in any UTME exercise, will not be registered for the UTME even as a student, and will not be allowed to participate in any of the sister examinations, be it WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB, and this is to be for three years.

“The suspension is to stay for three years. After three years, the Board will revisit it and look at the issue. If the registrant has shown any remorse, such a suspension could be lifted.

“And others who have registered less than 50 will be warned and they will be required to write a letter of apology to the Board after issuing a bond, indicating that they will not be involved in such a thing again.

“Then for CBT centres, all CBT centres involved are to be warned and then asked to sign a bond. And beside the bond, they will also be required to give evidence of training of their registrants.

“And that training should be anchored by any of the federal universities within their vicinity. That training should be anchored by the appropriate department of the university within their vicinity,” Oloyede said through JAMB’s Public Communication Adviser, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, who read out the recommendations.”

Throwing more light on the recommendations, Oloyede said the Board will not entertain any infraction from the affected centres in the future despite their claim of ignorance, hence, the need for them to undergo necessary training in federal universities closest to them before they can be re-engaged by JAMB.

“We will not allow any of these centres to do anything with us until they bring a certificate, a letter from a federal institution closest to that centre that their staff had been trained on ethical standards.

“But for the centres, those that are owned by the federal government, the reports will be made to the authorities that this is what your agency did,” Oloyede said.

Earlier, most of the affected registrants and some CBT operators who confessed engaging in candidate’s finger contribution during the registration process, hinged the act on ignorance or the need to get more people registered in their centres, even as many broke down in tears and pleaded for leniency.

One of the stakeholders at the meeting and former Lagos Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, said the actions of the affected registrants warrant prosecution and possible jail term, but appealed to JAMB to forgive and make them sign undertaking not to engage in such infraction in the future.

Earlier, an official of Jicoras CBT Centre, Bashir Gumel, said the centre has already commenced an internal probe on the involvement of its registrants, saying the outcome will be forwarded to JAMB.

Tags
CBT centresfingerprint infractionsJAMBregistrantssanction
FacebookTwitterWhatsAppLinkedInEmailLink
Previous post Mokwa floods: 700 persons still missing – Niger govt
next post Spurs battle West Ham for Nigeria’s Onyedika
Related posts
  • Related posts
  • More from author
Education

Parents groan as fee increase crisis hits private schools

August 20, 20260
Education

JUST IN: Lagos exams board announces date for Common Entrance Screening Test

August 19, 20260
Education

Tinubu directs EFCC to channel all recovered looted funds to Nigerian Education Loan Fund account

August 19, 20260
Load more
Read also
Inside Akwa Ibom Today

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 20250
Education

Parents groan as fee increase crisis hits private schools

August 20, 20260
Arts & Culture

Isese Day: Lagos, Ogun, Oyo declare today work-free

August 20, 20260
Entertainment

REVEALED: Afrobeats star Davido was target of Osun governor’s convoy gun attack – Police

August 20, 20260
Interview

Nigeria’s reforms must be judged by results, not propaganda — Mayor of Urhoboland

August 20, 20260
Sports

Senate launches war on sports bodies over Nigeria’s football collapse

August 20, 20260
News

Tinubu appoints Abel Enitan as new Head of Federal Civil Service

August 20, 20260
Load more

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Parents groan as fee increase crisis hits private schools

August 20, 2026

Isese Day: Lagos, Ogun, Oyo declare today work-free

August 20, 2026

REVEALED: Afrobeats star Davido was target of Osun governor’s convoy gun attack – Police

August 20, 2026

Nigeria’s reforms must be judged by results, not propaganda — Mayor of Urhoboland

August 20, 2026

Senate launches war on sports bodies over Nigeria’s football collapse

August 20, 2026

inside the Hill top newspaper

0 Comments

Parents groan as fee increase crisis hits private schools

0 Comments

5 burnt to death scooping fuel from fallen tanker

0 Comments

Naira slumps further as dollar scarcity bites harder

0 Comments

BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Senate Minority Leader, orders election rerun

0 Comments

Follow us

FacebookLike our page
InstagramFollow us
YoutubeSubscribe to our channel
WhatsappContact us
Latest news
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

INSIDE AKWA IBOM TODAY: What Nigeria’s health minister, Mohammed Ali Pate saw and commissioned •PHOTO NEWS

March 2, 2025
3

Fresh legal tussle stalls Coroners inquest into renowned author Chimamanda Adichie son’s death

June 3, 2026
4

Niger State workers begin indefinite strike today

February 21, 2024
5

Contractors seek new finance minister Oyedele’s intervention on debts

April 27, 2026
6

BREAKING: Many feared dead as popular Lagos restaurant collapses

April 19, 2025
Popular
1

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025
2

Iconic television series ‘Cock Crow At Dawn’ set for a return

October 9, 2025
3

INEC rejects call for chairman Amupitan’s resignation

April 3, 2026
4

South-West demands 5 new states, constitutional roles for monarchs

July 4, 2025
5

Community threatens shutdown of oil firm over unmet demands •Issues 21-day ultimatum

April 10, 2025
6

Betta Edu: APC chieftain pleads for leniency

January 19, 2024

About The Frontier

The Frontier is Nigeria’s leading online newspaper. It is published by Okims Media Links Limited headed by Sunny Okim, a veteran journalist who is widely known as The Grandmaster, fondly called so by colleagues and friends for being Nigeria’s pioneer movie journalist.

Most viewed

inside the Hill top newspaper

February 9, 2025

Hunger protest Day 2: Confusion as police relax curfew in Borno

August 2, 2024

Tinubu’s govt has inflicted severe pain on Nigerians in just 2 years — Former minister

July 11, 2025

Organised Labour to Tinubu: Act fast over brutalization of Ajaero •Explains why Abuja airport was blocked today, plans more mass actions

November 9, 2023

Junior Pope: Delta govt bans water journey by actors without safety gadgets

April 16, 2024
Top posts

Categories

  • News4917
  • Politics4569
  • Crime4407
  • International3032
  • Sports2452
  • Business & Economy2267
  • Headlines2218
  • Education1367
  • Matilda Showbiz983
  • Health875
  • Entertainment812
  • Africa573
  • Religion483
  • Environment364
  • Special277
  • Info Tech245
  • Arts & Culture240
  • Hunger protests in Nigeria224
  • Inside Akwa Ibom Today202
  • Interview186
  • Opinion153
  • EyeCare with Dr Priscilia Imade130
  • World Cup 202695
  • Advert34
  • Trends23
  • Epistles of Anthony Kila19
  • Local News5

© 2026 The Frontier, Published by Okims Media Links Limited.

designed by winnet services

  • Home
  • Advertise with us
  • Contact